Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

No chance for a trade as long as the Giants keep winning.

Sabean was VERY fortunate how the dominoes fell last year and I'm sure upper management has given him all the reason NOT to make any significant moves as long as the Giants are near the top. I mean, why should they? They're winning without all the help we THINK they need.

Why make a move if you're in first place? Personally, I think he's gun-shy about unloading some of the hometown favorites in a trade. They're good pieces to the marketing pie the Giants have now. And of course, the team brags about the chemistry they have, and why wouldn't they? I love the nature of this team and the personalities we have.

But they won't be here forever but I believe Sabean just doesn't have the same sense of urgency as long as the team keeps winning. If we drop to say, five or six games out, he might be inspired but not while the team is in first place.

vCash
    Because you make moves to stay in first place and go deep into the playoffs. Sabean is mart enough to know the Rockies and Dbacks are going to make moves to improve their ballclubs. Staying pat gets you nowhere and fast.

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument against a stupid person." - Bill Murray
    Sabermetric Myths
    FIP=better pitcher
    WAR is fact
    Pythagorean records and win expectancy have value
    Strikeouts are overrated
    Best regular season record = best team
    Regular season > Post season
    The difference between me and you is I don't need the internet to discuss baseball intelligently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    Because you make moves to stay in first place and go deep into the playoffs. Sabean is mart enough to know the Rockies and Dbacks are going to make moves to improve their ballclubs. Staying pat gets you nowhere and fast.
    Exactly, does the original poster know what he's talking about? When was the last time when the Giants were in contention, that Sabean didnt make a tweak or two to the roster?
    He will make a move guarenteed, it may not be a big bat but he will try to upgrade at least C, and maybe SS. There could also be a slight chance at RF. If Freddy doesnt come back, then you never know about 2b either. I cant see Emanuel and Hall helping the rest of the year. Fontenot isnt my 1st choice either. Last I heard is Freddy is doing well, and could be back in August

vCash
    I'm not talking about tweaks. I apologize for sounding as if nothing will be done. The point is, Sabean doesn't want to give up his pitching and inturn, we won't see any significant moves. Tweaks, sure, but we need more than tweaks.

vCash
    I don't think anyone is expecting Sabean to make significant upgrades. Just adding 2 complimentary bats would be good enough.
    #JoergerBomb

Watching Grigson waste Andrew Luck's prime like:

<3

- He runs meetings like a coach. Basically, Im playing with a coordinator on the field. Hes a football God. He sees everything, and he sees the big picture of everything." - Frank Gore on Andrew Luck
    - "He is as smart as Peyton, as accurate as Brady, tougher than Ben and as athletic as RG3." - Anonymous Head Coach on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I see the "tweaks" being upgrades because it sure wouldn't be hard to upgrade in certain areas. Sabean traded for Sanchez two years ago and traded for Lopez and Ramirez last season while claiming Ross. He will make upgrades and fill holes.

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument against a stupid person." - Bill Murray
    Sabermetric Myths
    FIP=better pitcher
    WAR is fact
    Pythagorean records and win expectancy have value
    Strikeouts are overrated
    Best regular season record = best team
    Regular season > Post season
    The difference between me and you is I don't need the internet to discuss baseball intelligently.

vCash
    If i was Sabean I would try to package a minor-league prospect with Jonathon Sanchez for a big bat in the middle of the lineup, Jonathon hasen't been performing that well anyway, and he has huge trade value. Without a doubt we desperately need another bat in this lineup to keep us moving through the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steveweve View Post
    If i was Sabean I would try to package a minor-league prospect with Jonathon Sanchez for a big bat in the middle of the lineup, Jonathon hasen't been performing that well anyway, and he has huge trade value. Without a doubt we desperately need another bat in this lineup to keep us moving through the playoffs.
    Huge?

SF Giants, SF 49ers, Sac Kings since birth.

vCash
    J Sanchez's value is at a low point right now, i dont see a team trading a big bat to us for a pitcher with control problems

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I don't think anyone is expecting Sabean to make significant upgrades. Just adding 2 complimentary bats would be good enough.
    In this division, yes.

vCash
    3 straight losses and soon to be 5.. now can we make a trade?
    #JoergerBomb

Watching Grigson waste Andrew Luck's prime like:

<3

- He runs meetings like a coach. Basically, Im playing with a coordinator on the field. Hes a football God. He sees everything, and he sees the big picture of everything." - Frank Gore on Andrew Luck
    - "He is as smart as Peyton, as accurate as Brady, tougher than Ben and as athletic as RG3." - Anonymous Head Coach on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    3 straight losses and soon to be 5.. now can we make a trade?
    i dont see us losing in 5 in a row, but yes its now time for a trade.we not only lost 3 in a row, but last week we also lost 2 in a row. also we have lost with our best pitchers on the mound.

vCash
    not our year.

GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hd1906 View Post
    not our year.
    A couple trades would turn things around. Especially in this division.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast