Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

4 Tickets + 4 drinks + 4 hot dogs: $40

Cubs are getting desperate. I used to make fun of teams that had to "Throw in" freebies for fans to attend

Best Buy Pack
    Bring the whole family to the ballpark for an exciting game and a great deal! For all April and May games at Wrigley Field, you can purchase the Cubs Best Buy Pack, starting at only $40! Packages include:

Four tickets (available locations and prices below)
    Four Vienna hot dogs
    Four drinks (Pepsi, Budweiser or Bud Light)

Tickets can be purchased in quantities of 4 through 19 tickets. Each ticket purchased includes one Vienna Hot Dog voucher and one Budweiser or Pepsi voucher.

That HAS to be a misprint. There's no way they are throwing in 4 alcoholic drinks for $40. A drink alone is $7.....
    Here is the ticket link if you want to check it out:
    http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/chc/tick...familypack.jsp

vCash
    Wow, not a bad deal. I may take advantage of that deal.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    If you haven't been to Wrigley yet this year, the hot dogs are $4.50
    Beer is $7.
    Small drink is around $3.50.

I'm guessing the voucher for a beer won't be for a full can. There's just no way. Probably an 8 oz cup

vCash
    Dude, I would buy 4 tickets for myself and eat all the food. That's a steal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay16 View Post

For a cheap game, that's not a bad idea.
    $40 for the 4 tickets + vouchers.
    Resell 3 of the tickets outside Wrigley for $5 each.

So for $25, you have a game ticket + 4 hot dogs + 4 drinks
    Not a horrible idea

vCash
    And people said it was just the weather and teams played against. Bottom line is that there just isn't the buzz around this Cubs team that there has been for the better part of the last decade. And yes, I care, because I take pride in bragging about being part of the best fans in the world. When we can't even show up to home games when our team is still in it, how can I make that claim?

OOTP TKO League Milwaukee Brewers 2010-2032:
    2011-1655, .549 Win %
    10 NL Central Titles, 2 Wild Card 12 Total Playoff Appearances
    1 World Series Title (2021)

Now you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet: I will end you.

-Malcolm Reynolds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Str1fe5 View Post
    And people said it was just the weather and teams played against. Bottom line is that there just isn't the buzz around this Cubs team that there has been for the better part of the last decade. And yes, I care, because I take pride in bragging about being part of the best fans in the world. When we can't even show up to home games when our team is still in it, how can I make that claim?
    I said this earlier and I'll say it again. It's not just the Cubs. It's all of baseball.
    Watch ESPN whenever they have a mid week game on. Yankee Stadium was empty just the other day.

Although I'm not arguing your point about the "buzz" around the team. Nobody is denying that.
    That explains why the ticket deal is for April and May only.
    Fans aren't sold on the team yet. However, if we are in contention by late May, you can guarantee the rest of the year will be filled up.
    Chicago has a lot of bandwagon fans, just like every other city.

vCash
    I think most people out there are tired of having to spend $100 to see a damn live baseball game.

Every time I go, it seems like it's $100. That's just ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehjosha View Post
    I think most people out there are tired of having to spend $100 to see a damn live baseball game.

Every time I go, it seems like it's $100. That's just ridiculous.
    you are talking just per person right.

There is no way i get out of Wrigley with me and the wife, with tickets for under 200 bucks sometimes more. Time you get almost 100 for tickets, 5 beers a piece, and a brat, and peanuts and boom. Not to mention parking or the train.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    you are talking just per person right.

There is no way i get out of Wrigley with me and the wife, with tickets for under 200 bucks sometimes more. Time you get almost 100 for tickets, 5 beers a piece, and a brat, and peanuts and boom. Not to mention parking or the train.
    Oh yeah, that's just me. The fiance will have one, maybe two beers, but even then, it's atleast $150 for the two of us. It's just a joke. I love going, but it's almost too much.

You can always create a place for yourself.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay16 View Post
    I could take myself and 3 other virgins
    Cubs Bulls Bears Blackhawks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehjosha View Post
    Oh yeah, that's just me. The fiance will have one, maybe two beers, but even then, it's atleast $150 for the two of us. It's just a joke. I love going, but it's almost too much.
    Pretty much. I used to love going so much more then I do now. Now it's more like if I go to a different stadium heck yea (I like seeing new stadiums) but if not, i'm not a huge fan of going anymore. To expensive, to much of a hassle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shrek View Post
    I could take myself and 3 other virgins
    This

vCash
    Coming from a guy who jumped on the bandwagon during the 2003 season.

How many times are you going to ***** about this?

Seriously.

Believe in Seth Rollins

vCash
    As a fellow proponent of this argument from the beginning of the year, I completely endorse this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast