Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Great News!!!

Hybrid View

vCash

Great News!!!

Today the St. Louis Blues won their game and the Toronto Maple Leafs lost their game leaving the Blues with the #11 record in the league. When the Avalanche traded for Erik Johnson and McClement they also traded their second conditionally for the Blues first round draft choice which was lottery protected. The Avalanche now have two top 11 draft choices so we have a great draft to look forward to and a bright young future for our organization. Best of luck for us in the draft!!!!

vCash
    Its official. We get the 2nd overall pick in the draft and the 11th after the conclusion of the draft lottery. I suspect we select Gabriel Landeskog with the second pick who is an absolute stud at LW and I hope we select a Defensemen with the 11th pick.

vCash
    Siemens!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O.Bombinators View Post
    Siemens!!!!!!!
    I do agree I couldn't think of his name but he is a real gamer. I am soo excited for this draft I really hope Oilers don't soften their likings on RNH. I like RNH but he is not what our team needs, we need a solid forechecker with a knack for finding the back of the net and a defender that can do everything.

vCash
    You guys have a great future, I am a Bluejackets fan and Avalanche fan, also Caps. You guys traded for Mueller back then, now Johnson. You guys ripped St Louis in the trade.

Here's how I would do the draft, some say Larson, I say no, you got Johnson, Liles, and Seabrook is a FA and I would over pay him to go to Colorado. Also other decent defenseman. DRAFT;

1. Sean Courtier
    2. Brandon Sadd

That would give you 2 good young forwards to work with. If you give me a message that would be great.

vCash
    right now i dont know who i would take number 2 and i dont think ill be campaigning for any guy and just wait and se at the draft after what happened last year when they took hishon so i dont know who they would take. RNH would be nice but we dont need him. Larsson is probably my favourite because of the comparisons to lidstrom and that would be nice to rub in detroits face after lidstroms gone. Landeskog fills a need left by stewart but some dont see him replicating his junior scoring totals but could end up worse as a 2-3 line guy and 60pts which isnt too bad. im still high on couturier because he was ranked no.1 coming into the year and it wasnt poor play that knocked him back but elevated play and hype from others. 6'4 big body, if he could move to wing it would be great.. but we'll wait and see