Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 565
  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,167
    vCash
    1500
    Just found out gabs has a no trade clause.....uggh

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    7,097
    vCash
    1500
    Brad Richards takes this team over the hump, he's a proven PP quarterback and a puck distributer,as well as a Conn Smythe winner. With a decent PP we're winning this series. I think I'd wanna see how Gaborik worked with an elite center before we move him. On a side note, I think they should try putting Gaborik back on with Prust and Boyle, move Avery up with Dubi and Anisimov. Boyle although he hasn't been tearing the score sheet up has been our most dangerous player, maybe having him and Gaborik on a line takes pressure off of each of them and create more room.
    Last edited by bsi; 04-21-2011 at 07:08 PM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,063
    vCash
    1500
    A few changes in philosophy. But we'll probably need to make a couple of personell moves in order to be able to do them. First, we need to become more active, when on the PK. We are way too passive. Second, we need to carry the puck into the offensive zone as opposed to always dumping an pursuing. We dump in when we're pn the PP, don't get to it in time, and the puck gets cleared out robbing us of valuable time with the man advantage.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,947
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    Just found out gabs has a no trade clause.....uggh
    I'm sure he'd waive it if he felt he wasn't wanted anymore.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NY & FL
    Posts
    10
    vCash
    1500
    Tough loss last night but lets be realistic... we all knew this isn't our cup year. For next year in my opinion the Rangers need a center and a lw power forward kinda (like graves or a john leclair) type player to go with gabby on the rw on the 1st line. The second line of dubi Anisimov cally is a good second line. They can all score 20-30 goals each at least. The 3rd line of avery boyle prust is good too. Torts doesn't play the 4th line much but I think he should roll out 4 lines a night. so the fourth line is up for grabs. I don't think we should resign Christensen next year. Drury is on the 4th line for at least one more year unfortunately. Maybe keep fedentenko he's not bad. I think frolov is done didn't work out for him on Broadway. Stuck with boogard another year. stephan is a keeper. Prospal is done he's getting old he should go. Wolski is on and off not consistent. As far a D I think we all agree we could use a pp qb and even a big stay on home d like a Buekeboom. anyone remember the line of graves messier verbeek? The good ole days

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    599
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Brad Richards takes this team over the hump, he's a proven PP quarterback and a puck distributer,as well as a Conn Smythe winner. With a decent PP we're winning this series. I think I'd wanna see how Gaborik worked with an elite center before we move him. On a side note, I think they should try putting Gaborik back on with Prust and Boyle, move Avery up with Dubi and Anisimov. Boyle although he hasn't been tearing the score sheet up has been our most dangerous player, maybe having him and Gaborik on a line takes pressure off of each of them and create more room.
    Your PP isnt bad, the Caps PK is just really good.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Manhasset, NY
    Posts
    2,960
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Caps1989 View Post
    Your PP isnt bad, the Caps PK is just really good.
    i wouldnt go that far....i good powerplay dominates the running around chasing system the caps have, the rangers pp just sucks lol.....all in all though i wouldnt say we dominate if we had a good pp, personally if we had callahan we would be up 3-1 in the series, just my opinion though

    props to sfgiants5518

    GO 'CUSE

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    7,097
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Caps1989 View Post
    Your PP isnt bad, the Caps PK is just really good.
    Our PP has been bottom of the league all year, has nothing to do with the Caps PK. Not taking anything away from your PK but this PP has been what has kept us clinging to 8th instead of being higher in the East, well that and injuries.
    Last edited by bsi; 04-22-2011 at 01:41 PM.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,167
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Caps1989 View Post
    Your PP isnt bad, the Caps PK is just really good.
    LOL you have not watched Ranger games this year. It has been horrible. Go back into our forums we all were complaining about it way before we even started this series

    Dont kid yourself

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    255
    vCash
    1500
    I legit think Richards and a top 4 dman that can qb the pp puts us fighting for the division. I know we like to rip on gabs but what playmaker does he have around him? He had prospal having a career year last year and this year we had nothing but injuries. I think We go hard at Richards then maybe look at moving a prospect or two for a hard shot who isn't a defensive liability like mccabe.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    Whether we sneak into the playoffs or not this team is probably not challenging for a cup.

    So the question is if you are the GM what do you due in the offseason to try and fix this team?

    Add in all hypothetical trades and FA signings and if you are feeling ambitious include next years lines.
    Sorry beforehand for not reading every single post but I honestly think we can't fix this team in this one off season and we have a 2-4 year wait. I think we've drafted well enough to become an elite perennial contender. It may turn out unfortunately our prospects just don't make it of course but the signs I'm seeing all point up especially because we already have established vets in hank, Dubs, Cally, now hopefully our entire blueline from 1-7. Feel we gotta resign our guys Artie, Dubs, Cally, Sauer. Wouldn't mind seeing Prospal back tho I think he's declining athletically too much he's still likely a very cheap vet presence that scores for us. Feds was awesome this year. Really hope we bring him back and of course Boyle if he wants to be affordable. 2-3 years. 1.75-2.5 per range. We gave that money to boog we damn sure should give it to Boyle.

    Still not sure about Brad Richards but if we do get him I will be pumped. When gabs screwed the pootch in game 4 I believe my exact rage filled words were "IF I'M TORTS I SIT HIM FOR THE REST OF THIS SERIES...FOR THE REST OF HIS %$!% CONTRACT!!!! But I hope the guy bounces back next year if he's still here.

    Also we need magic PP juice b/c ours is horrific. We're 4th in the east with a top 15 PP and we certainly don't lose 2/3 Wsh games.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,947
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nags1 View Post
    Sorry beforehand for not reading every single post but I honestly think we can't fix this team in this one off season and we have a 2-4 year wait. I think we've drafted well enough to become an elite perennial contender. It may turn out unfortunately our prospects just don't make it of course but the signs I'm seeing all point up especially because we already have established vets in hank, Dubs, Cally, now hopefully our entire blueline from 1-7. Feel we gotta resign our guys Artie, Dubs, Cally, Sauer. Wouldn't mind seeing Prospal back tho I think he's declining athletically too much he's still likely a very cheap vet presence that scores for us. Feds was awesome this year. Really hope we bring him back and of course Boyle if he wants to be affordable. 2-3 years. 1.75-2.5 per range. We gave that money to boog we damn sure should give it to Boyle.

    Still not sure about Brad Richards but if we do get him I will be pumped. When gabs screwed the pootch in game 4 I believe my exact rage filled words were "IF I'M TORTS I SIT HIM FOR THE REST OF THIS SERIES...FOR THE REST OF HIS %$!% CONTRACT!!!! But I hope the guy bounces back next year if he's still here.

    Also we need magic PP juice b/c ours is horrific. We're 4th in the east with a top 15 PP and we certainly don't lose 2/3 Wsh games.
    It's tough to think we can go from where we are now to Cup contender in one off-season. But, it doesn't have to take 5 years either. We seem to be headed in the right direction.

    Just look at the Flyers - they went from last in the east to Cup finals in 3 years. But, some of their young guys have progressed quicker offensively or are just more skilled then our young guys. For us, it certainly didn't help this year that a guy like MDZ, who was counted on to provide some offense from the blueline and lead the Power Play, flopped. And, it's questionable whether he'll ever be the player we had hoped he could be.

    That said, the key this off-season is too continue to improve the overall talent level, including offensive skill (whether by FA, trade or development), and to not make those traditional FA mistakes Sather is known for.

    And it would help if we could lose Druary's contract and trade Gaborik - then use the money saved more wisely.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,639
    vCash
    1500
    Unless the coach can finally install the hard working system he has shined on this team and make it into an every second type of play... were doomed.

    I blame the coach... The Rangers only image is that their a hard working, get it deep kind of team with a strong goaltender who helps them win games since they cant score on a consistant basis.

    1) Gabby plays way to much for a guy whose been slumping all year. Use him as a secret weapon. Teams are waiting for you 2 put him out there, so let them wait. And when they least expect it, have him go out there with fresh legs. We have 4 solid lines with tons of hardworking excpetional players who can get the job done while Gabs is on the bench. The type of team we have, this would work. opponents cant afford to have their best defense wait for Gaborik all game. So their bound to go out there plenty of times, once they exit the ice. GO GABS. Im sure ull see more open ice for him 2 shoot

    2) Dont put Gabby, Prospal, and CHristensen on the same line. Maybe PP, but theres no enforcer. These guys hate to touch pple with the puck... Horrible line.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,114
    vCash
    1500
    I'll start by saying I'm glad nags is not the coach, sit Gaborik cause of a fluke play? Plus Im with Mlisica, I put this on the coach. I'm not saying he's been horrible he has done some good, but I don't give him all the credit that everyone has been. Here are my problems with Torts. You want to complain about Gaborik's play this year, I'll blame that on Torts, wants him going hard along the wall to get the puck, thats not his job, not his game. He needs someone to get him the puck from along the wall. Why is Gaborik not playing on the side of the rink that he can take a one timer on or the easier catch and release than the cross body?

    His defensive system is awful. Its a complete crap shoot and puts the players in an awful situation when the pass or shot get through and face it you can't block them all. When the forecheck or cycle fail its an odd man rush every time as is when the d pinch in. Now im not saying you can't cycle/forecheck/pinch but the aggressiveness and positioning of it is what bothers me.

    I thought it was lack of a number 1 center or more grinders then snipers (which has something to do with it, which showed during over time of this round, their guys shooting to score, were trying to bring it low and jam it in or hopefully set up a decent shot. Look at Pitt missing their top 2 centers and still playing well.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Plains View Post
    It's tough to think we can go from where we are now to Cup contender in one off-season. But, it doesn't have to take 5 years either. We seem to be headed in the right direction.

    Just look at the Flyers - they went from last in the east to Cup finals in 3 years. But, some of their young guys have progressed quicker offensively or are just more skilled then our young guys. For us, it certainly didn't help this year that a guy like MDZ, who was counted on to provide some offense from the blueline and lead the Power Play, flopped. And, it's questionable whether he'll ever be the player we had hoped he could be.

    That said, the key this off-season is too continue to improve the overall talent level, including offensive skill (whether by FA, trade or development), and to not make those traditional FA mistakes Sather is known for.

    And it would help if we could lose Druary's contract and trade Gaborik - then use the money saved more wisely.
    I just meant with this specific team building around ":the core" our timeline imo would be 2-5 years before we are yearly contenders with 5 actually being a little too long I guess. If I really think about it Dubs, cally, Staal, hank, our whole D, Prust, Artie, a few select prospects and a FA or two if that isn't good enough in 3 years it's probably not happenning. Just hope guys like MDZ, Stepan, MZA, Werek, Thomas, kreider, McI, Vtank can live up to their billing while some of our current guys can get just a liiiittle bit better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    I'll start by saying I'm glad nags is not the coach, sit Gaborik cause of a fluke play?
    Huh? reread what i wrote. i said that was my initial angry fan reaction but in reality I hope he bounces back meaning I don't want him benched b/c I think he cans till be a difference maker. No I did not want Gabs benched lol Also I don't want to label it a fluke play I think it was an all time bonehead play. Still never expected much in the PO from us this year so I will let my anger and dissappointement simmer. I think he has to have been hurt all year too in which case respect to gabs for playing hurt. At the same time though %$@! why is he always hurt? Anyway blah enough about Gabs I don't want him benched. I want him to live up to his contract please for once let someone we sign do that.
    Last edited by nags1; 04-23-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •