Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    I understand what he said but the facts are still the facts. Henrik and Gabs are in their prime now. Gabs will probably have a shorter career because of injuries so realistically its possible he could be gone after his contract is over with us.

Adding Richards now makes us a lot better for the next 4 or 5 yrs if we have to eat a year on his contract then you do it just so you can make a run for the next few. Plus you front load it, so he may retire if he is not effective, same way Kovie and Pronger are not going to play the last few yrs of their deals.

If we have the chance to sign one of the best centers in the game for a figure of 6-7 mill you do it.
    So, I have no idea what our current cap number is (and figured someone here would know it before I find it), but assuming we're close to the limit, and assuming these things ...

- We can't get rid of Drury's contract
    - We can't get rid of Boogaard's contract
    - We sign our main RFA's - Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Sauer, and maybe Boyle

How will we have cap space to sign Richards to a $6M or $7M contract? Are we assuming the Cap is going up significantly?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Plains View Post
    So, I have no idea what our current cap number is (and figured someone here would know it before I find it), but assuming we're close to the limit, and assuming these things ...

- We can't get rid of Drury's contract
    - We can't get rid of Boogaard's contract
    - We sign our main RFA's - Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Sauer, and maybe Boyle

How will we have cap space to sign Richards to a $6M or $7M contract? Are we assuming the Cap is going up significantly?

2 places for cap figures

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=NYR

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/teams/NYR?year=2011

vCash
    So to answer your question we have a little over 40 mill towards salaries next year. If it takes 12 mill to sign Dubi, Cally, AA, boyle and Sauer we have 8 mill left if there is no increase in the cap. From reports it is going up possible 2 mill or more so take away 6.5 from the 10 mill in space and we have 3.5 mill to sign a few guys that might not play because we would have 12 forwards, 2 goalies and 6 dmen all under contract.

vCash
    Maybe the team just needs better shin pads and gloves lol. Seems as though our problem has been injuries all year. hahaha.

vCash
    In terms of UFA Defenceman, Id try to resign McCabe to a 2 year 2-3 million total value contract. If not, then I would take a look at James Wiesnewski. Hes only 28 and would be a good addition to our PP. And if we wanted to spend a little bit more money, then maybe Christian Erhoff who's also only 28.

For UFA forwards, Id resign Fedotenko for a 3rd line role player. I would then take a look at maybe Scottie Upshall, Jussi Jokinen, Curtis Glenncross,. All 3 of these guys scored 20+ goals this year and made an average of 3 million per year. Maybe we even go crazy and offersheet Parise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame248 View Post
    In terms of UFA Defenceman, Id try to resign McCabe to a 2 year 2-3 million total value contract. If not, then I would take a look at James Wiesnewski. Hes only 28 and would be a good addition to our PP. And if we wanted to spend a little bit more money, then maybe Christian Erhoff who's also only 28.

For UFA forwards, Id resign Fedotenko for a 3rd line role player. I would then take a look at maybe Scottie Upshall, Jussi Jokinen, Curtis Glenncross,. All 3 of these guys scored 20+ goals this year and made an average of 3 million per year. Maybe we even go crazy and offersheet Parise.
    Not bad ideas and i agree on McCabe i prefer 2 mill though nothing higher. Erhoff would just be awesome i have always liked him but i think he will be out of our price range.

vCash
    Hey another way to help fix this team is through the draft.

Wasnt sure if i should put it here or the prospect thread but because they are not one of our prospects i decided to put it in here. didnt want to confuse anyone into thinking they are our prospects.

Anyways there is a thread in the NHL forum on this upcoming draft. In the mock draft they have us taking either Jamieson Oleksiak or Mark McNeil. Personally i would love Oleksiak. He is a huge dman 6'7 240 pounds. Now add him to Mcilrath and we could have 2 huge physical dmen. Would be great if he fell to us at 15 but honestly i doubt it.

Not sure of pairings but you get the point.

Staal- Girardi/MDZ
    MCD- Sauer/MDZ
    Olek-Mcilrath

vCash
    If anyone is watching this team play the caps it is so clear the rangers are going to have to be creative in bringing in offensive talent while getting rid of the trash.

I would love to hear some ideas on some trades and maybe some players that could be available.

vCash
    It's going to take a much smarter man than me to figure out how to dump salary while, at the same time, making this team better.

Common, you brought up trading Gabs for 2-3 solid players. I'd do it, but it would have to be the right group of players coming in. We can only have so many Callahan/Dubi type players. At some point we need get a couple true stars that can create and actually score on a consistent basis.

vCash
    Depending on the cap, I heard 62.4 millishhh, we could fit richards in. It is tight no doubt but it does work even with drury on the team. The only thing is wolski's contract didn't fit and we would have to go with a cheaper 5th defenseman... whether that be gilroy or mccabe cheap or someone else. I figured dubi and cally to make somewhere between 3.5-4 ...boyle and sauer1.5.... anisimov 1.8 same as dubi's current deal..

vCash
    The only thing I see is that if we're bothering to get a Richards type player, we have to have a guy like Gaborik for him to play with, otherwise it's useless with Richards being a passer first.

vCash
    The perfect player for the Rangers is Rick Nash. He's a big physical forward who can score and create his own opportunities. Go after him instead of Richards. Richards isnt going to make the offense that much better. Prospal is a good passer as well so Richards would basically fill the same role.

JETS ~YANKEES~ISLANDERS~BLACKHAWKS
    IRISH CARBOMBS HOCKEY
    ~Est. 2009~

PSD's Joba Chamberlain
    ERA- 3.24 IP- 8.1 K- 9

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JJOY60 View Post
    The perfect player for the Rangers is Rick Nash. He's a big physical forward who can score and create his own opportunities. Go after him instead of Richards. Richards isnt going to make the offense that much better. Prospal is a good passer as well so Richards would basically fill the same role.
    Where is all this Rick Nash trade talk coming from? I'm doubtful Columbus wants to trade the face of their franchise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JJOY60 View Post
    Richards will make the offense that much better. Elite puck carrier, PP QB, he's had 4 seasons of more than 50 assists. Bringing a guy like Richards allows Anisimov to play the second line role and Stepan the third and gives them time to develop. Stepan has first line potential imo, but he's not ready yet obviously. Richards would do so much for our team.
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    It's going to take a much smarter man than me to figure out how to dump salary while, at the same time, making this team better.

Common, you brought up trading Gabs for 2-3 solid players. I'd do it, but it would have to be the right group of players coming in. We can only have so many Callahan/Dubi type players. At some point we need get a couple true stars that can create and actually score on a consistent basis.
    I agree but even if we acquire players that can be moved later on, easier then it would be to move Gabs, i am down for it. I just dont think with his salary cap hit and his play that he is the player this team needs. His play has fell off big time and he is not even giving the effort sometimes.

We do need skilled players and i would target them but if we received 2 players that are both good players i would do it.

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast