Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Plains View Post
    I don't know why Toronto would want Drury. They are rebuilding, which included trading away their veterans.

And besides, he's not a 2nd line player. He's a 4th line checker and penalty killer. Who's going to take his salary (and the cap hit) for that role?
    Burke loves him, their PK is awful and the Leafs are never rebuilding, they're always trying to make the playoffs. If their PK was better this year we'd probably be below them in the standings. He'd be getting atleast 3rd line minutes and first line PK minutes in Toronto, he's not getting that here, 4th line, and then mixed in with Callahan, Prust, Boyle, Dubinsky etc on our PK. The Leafs have to make playoffs this coming season, the pressure is on Burkie and Wilson to make it and they might not be there the next year if they don't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Plains View Post
    I don't know why Toronto would want Drury. They are rebuilding, which included trading away their veterans.

And besides, he's not a 2nd line player. He's a 4th line checker and penalty killer. Who's going to take his salary (and the cap hit) for that role?
    Toronto was rumored to be in on Drury for awhile. They are young and are still a few yrs away from competing. Plus they have a ton of cap space next year so maybe they would do it for picks.

I still think the Islanders are a better fit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Burke loves him, their PK is awful and the Leafs are never rebuilding, they're always trying to make the playoffs. If their PK was better this year we'd probably be below them in the standings. He'd be getting atleast 3rd line minutes and first line PK minutes in Toronto, he's not getting that here, 4th line, and then mixed in with Callahan, Prust, Boyle, Dubinsky etc on our PK. The Leafs have to make playoffs this coming season, the pressure is on Burkie and Wilson to make it and they might not be there the next year if they don't.
    I agree with this but i still think they are 2 or 3 yrs away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    Toronto was rumored to be in on Drury for awhile. They are young and are still a few yrs away from competing. Plus they have a ton of cap space next year so maybe they would do it for picks.

I still think the Islanders are a better fit.
    Toronto is closer than you think. Toronto finished like 10th this year and had an incredible record since the break. They have a goalie coming up in Reimer who can be a good starter for this team next season. They're defense is getting much better with the likes of Phanuef, Schenn, Gunnarson, Aulie, Komisarek, and whoever else they add in.

Up front is their needs. They've got Grabovski, Armstrong, Kulemin, Kadri, Colbourne (who could be up next season), Lupul and Kessel with the plan on resignin' MacArthur and bringing in a top six player.

I think this team makes the playoffs this year. There is absoloutly no way they take on Drury's contract now.

vCash
    I agree with this but i still think they are 2 or 3 yrs away.
    Probably 2 or 3, but why would they want Drury now then. In 2 or 3 years Drury won't be playing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    I feel like we need more of a superstar caliber player, someone like a Richards or a St.Louis. We have a whole bunch of youth of defense and forwards and we are set (cross my fingers) at goalie for a while.

I'd move some of our youth at defense and some of our youth at the forward position. Sign Boyle and then ship him out while his value is this high coming off a 20 goal season. Bring up Kreider. I'd shop around guys like Sauer, Valentenko, Boyle, Grachev, Drury, Zucs and maybe even some more if it came to it.
    The bottom line is that this team needs a playmaker.

Ideal hypothetical (and probably unrealistic) scenario is:

-Sign Brad Richards
    -Trade away Drury for scraps
    -Resign McCabe
    -Trade away some of our youth at defense and forward(above mentioned names) for another scoring forward
    -Bring up Krieder
    -Resign Duby

Would have to dump Drury in order to sign Richards and McCabe.
    Dubi is going to get paid this offseason(I'd say around 3.5-4)
    Boyle is going to be seeking money that he isn't worth.
    I'd let Prospal and Fedetenko walk.

Assuming a decent scoring winger costs around the price of Zucs, Boyle, Draft Pick(s), Defensive Prospect(s)

Scoring Winger - Richards - Gaborik
    Dubi - Anisimov - Cally
    Krieder - Stepan - Prust
    Boogard - Christensen - Wolski

Staal - Girardi
    McCabe - Eminger
    MDZ - McDonaugh

Avery and Sauer as the backup 2.

Not exactly the best, but I don't know how much we can do. This also leaves Avery on the outside looking in. I feel like Avery is no longer very effective, especially with Torts at the helm(not a shot at Torts, just Avery and Torts don't mesh).
    Thats the only part i have a legitimate gripe with.

If you want to shop him around...fine. But if he is on this team i see no reason why he shouldn't be somewhere in our top 6 defensemen, especially over Eminger. Sauer is a big, strong kid who played well for us all season and had a +18 rating on this season. He scored some big goals for us and is one of those guys who isnt afraid to get physical...especially when someone is crowding Henrik. I don't see why he would be a 7th d-man.

vCash
    I don't see the Rangers signing Brad Richards. I mean, if they do, they may be ****ed in the future with him and Gaborik on absoloutly long term deals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I don't see the Rangers signing Brad Richards. I mean, if they do, they may be ****ed in the future with him and Gaborik on absoloutly long term deals.
    Finally some sense from someone. Signing Richards is great for the next couple of years so if its a short deal fine but beyond that could be another over the hill player making tons of money for us.
    Averymustgo...must go

vCash
    our top four d-men are set for next season (staal, girardi, sauer, and mcdonough)
    beyond them i see del zotto coming back up and id hope mccabe gets resigned on a one year, low money deal to play with dz on the third pair and on the pp.

goalie situation is settled

moving on to forwards
    -line 2 is set (aa cally duby)

-line 4 is set (boyle prust avery) altho i could definitely see torts trying to keep fedotenko

-line 1 we have a winger and we need a center and/or another winger... plan A is obvious and that is brad richards, but an alternative to that plan and one that i like better is go after restricted free agent zach parise and let stepan center that line. i understand we would have to give up draft picks and it will definitely be hard to pry parise away from the devils, but hes younger than richards and definitely fits into our style of play and stepan has been awesome in his rookie year and can only get better between parise and gabs... if thats not in the cards and it's likely not prospal or christensen can play opposite gabs with richards between them

- line three is a crapshoot and depends on the other three lines... id personally like to see wolski and the rights for gilroy get sent to toronto for one of their newly aquired first rounders. this line could have any one of stepan, mza, avery, feds, and id like to see grachev show what he has for more than four games

i think drury will be bought out and boogs will be an extra for when we need a fighter

gaborik - stepan - parise
    cally - aa - dubi
    mza - christensen - grachev
    avery - boyle - prust
    staal - girardi
    mcd - sauer
    mdz - mccabe

but more likely

gabs - richards - christensen
    cally - aa - dubi
    mza - stepan - grachev
    avery - boyle - prust

vCash
    wouldnt mind adding a guy like tomas kopecky for the third line

vCash
    Toronto is closer than you think. Toronto finished like 10th this year and had an incredible record since the break. They have a goalie coming up in Reimer who can be a good starter for this team next season. They're defense is getting much better with the likes of Phanuef, Schenn, Gunnarson, Aulie, Komisarek, and whoever else they add in.

Up front is their needs. They've got Grabovski, Armstrong, Kulemin, Kadri, Colbourne (who could be up next season), Lupul and Kessel with the plan on resignin' MacArthur and bringing in a top six player.

I think this team makes the playoffs this year. There is absoloutly no way they take on Drury's contract now.
    Toronto has played well as of late but they were still 8 pts out and teams like the Devils and Carolina are only going to get better. Devils had a bad coach that they did not play for and Carolina is crazy young and going to be better next year. I still dont see Toronto competing next year but maybe the year after.

vCash
    There not screwed for the futre because you are missing one thing, Henrik is the same age as Richards so we only have so many years with a top rated Goalie. To be honest if he wasnt a Ranger we are not even close to a playoff team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Faithful View Post
    Finally some sense from someone. Signing Richards is great for the next couple of years so if its a short deal fine but beyond that could be another over the hill player making tons of money for us.
    Again Richards is only 30 so if he is over the hill i guess Henrik is too?

vCash
    Again Richards is only 30 so if he is over the hill i guess Henrik is too?
    Thats not what he said...at all.

He just doesn't want to be paying a over the hill Richards some ridiculous money 5-6 years from now.

And Henrik is nearly 2 full years younger then Richards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Thats not what he said...at all.

He just doesn't want to be paying a over the hill Richards some ridiculous money 5-6 years from now.

And Henrik is nearly 2 full years younger then Richards.
    I understand what he said but the facts are still the facts. Henrik and Gabs are in their prime now. Gabs will probably have a shorter career because of injuries so realistically its possible he could be gone after his contract is over with us.

Adding Richards now makes us a lot better for the next 4 or 5 yrs if we have to eat a year on his contract then you do it just so you can make a run for the next few. Plus you front load it, so he may retire if he is not effective, same way Kovie and Pronger are not going to play the last few yrs of their deals.

If we have the chance to sign one of the best centers in the game for a figure of 6-7 mill you do it.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast