Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    Only way he is moved if they can convince him to waive his NMC. I dont think that is out of the question.

Again if you sit him down and tell him he is going to be a healthy scratch every game his career is prob over. We are not winning with his cap hit so why not go young trade away anyone over 30 and just play kids. We might not be very good but he are not good with him on the ice.

I think he wont be happy not playing so if he can go somewhere else to play i think he does. Plus if he sits the whole year his career would prob be over.
    Yeah, don't get me wrong I'd love to get Drury and his horrendous contract coupled with his abysmal production out of here, but there's a good chance that doesn't happen.

Either way, the extent of how much of a makeover this team will be getting hinges greatly on being able to move Drury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    ****, I thought Krieder was coming up next year.

Boogs does suck, but I feel like he's gonna end up sticking around.

Gilroy should be moved, yes.

We need a good vet presence in this young D core, and someone reliable on the PP. McCabe is solid for that role for atleast next year and maybe 2. I feel like it is not worth lowballing him that much because it really would be a huge help to have him back. Imagine is MDZ could take some notes? haha

I'm not opposed to the Tyutin idea, but I just feel like our defensive depth is clogged as it is with defensive D-men. We'd have to make some supplemental trades.

Second thought, prospal ain't bad, but I feel like we could just do better without him.

Trade Wolski and try to resign Frolov for around 2.5, Keep Wolski at 4 and let Frolov walk, or let Frolov walk and try to trade Wolski as well? (I'm just doing this because I feel like they are almost the exact same player).

The common denominator here is that we both agree we need more scoring(duh) and we're assuming we can get Richards.

What if we can't get Richards? It's highly possible he returns to Dallas or someone offers him too much (please don't offer him 8 million Sather...).
    Tyutin has a good shot and he would help on the PP he is not solely a defensive dman nowadays. I dont feel McCabe is worth big money at the age of 36.

I want no part of Frolov to be honest. He played horribly in the beginning of the season 7 goals 9 assists in 43 games. Prospal has 8 goals and 13 assists in 28 games. I take Prospal and especially at a rock bottom price.

I do think Wolski could bounce back and he will be better starting the year with us. I think we have to remember he had 65 pts last year. I dont know if i give up on him yet but i would field offers. He isnt untradeable but i look to move other guys first.

I agree we def need offense though and i am scared of Sather offering Richards a deal. He doesnt know how to work in a cap era because he way overpays for guys that are UFA's. Like i said i front load a contract with a cap hit around 6.5 mill. Anything more and we are screwing ourselves for the future.

vCash
    Actually just looking at Stats and Tyutin and McCabe almost have identical lines 7 goals and either 20 or 21 assists. McCabe has one more assist.

vCash
    Yeah, don't get me wrong I'd love to get Drury and his horrendous contract coupled with his abysmal production out of here, but there's a good chance that doesn't happen.

Either way, the extent of how much of a makeover this team will be getting hinges greatly on being able to move Drury.
    You are right Drury is def the key to which direction we go. If he is on this team next year we are screwed. I do think that he is too much of a competitor to be a health scratch for the whole season. I just think he would waive his NMC to actually play somewhere.

vCash
    There's more to the comparison of McCabe and Tyutin than a stat line can tell imo

McCabe is a much more vocal leader and seasoned vet than Tyutin, that much is obvious.

I firmly believe McCabe manages a PP better than Tyutin ever could...I don't think Tyutin would even play on our PP.

McCabe is cheaper actually. Tyutin is being paid 2.9 million and I think it is safe that McCabe would get that amount or less if he were to play for us next season. Also, we have to trade for Tyutin...we could instead use those guys to trade for something else, even if it's just prospects.

vCash
    You know how to fix this team? Patience. The next level of Rangers are coming shortly. Starting with Duby and Callahan and going to Stepan, McDonagh, Anisimov, McDonagh, Kreider, Thomas, Grachev, MZA, Bourque, Werek, and McIlrath. The Rangers have one of the deepest prospect pools in the league with another first round pick coming to add to the cupboard.

When Drury expires, the Rangers are gonna have the space to add a BIG gun to the group that will contain Duby, Callahan, Stepan, McDonagh, Anisimov, Kreider, Thomas, Grachev, MZA, Bourque, Werek, McIlrath, Gaborik, and Lundqvist.

vCash
    - Drury's contracted can't be moved, so he's likely back next year, unless he retires (which isn't going to happened)

- Boogaard can't be on this team - he has zero talent. I don't know if he can be exiled to the Whale or if a KHL team really has interest.

- RFA's we keep - we have to bring back Dubinsky, Callahan, Sauer and Anisimov. I'd also bring back Boyle (at a reasonable price - he's still a solid 4th line player, can't kill penalties, and we've seen he has some offense to his game)

- RFA's we let go - Gilroy doesn't fit unless Girardi or Sauer are trade to fill other needs

- UFA's - this team isn't close to a Cup, so let Frolov, Fedotenko (though a decent roll player, can't score), Prospal (like his passion at times, but he's older and won't be around by the time we turn this around, if we do), Christensen, McCabe & Eminger (keep him at the right price if he's interested in being the 7th defenseman)

- I'd try to trade Gaborik, though with his salary, performance and injury history, that's not happening

- I'd consider trade Girardi (will his value ever be higher then this year) or Sauer in a package if we could get a scorer in return

- I don't give Richards a huge contract. At a reasonable price, yes. But, not at $6 or $7M. Plus, do we even have cap space for a contract like that we our RFA's, Drury and Boogaard on the roster?

- Give MDZ another shot at running the Power Play (though, I just don't think he's going to be the player everyone hoped for and expected after a pretty start last year - he's an average at best NHL player)

- Give Valentenko a shot to replace Girardi or Sauer if one is traded

- Hope that Grachev is finally ready to produce

I'm not sure what free agents are out there, so I avioded that. Though, we know Sather will screw that up anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    You know how to fix this team? Patience. The next level of Rangers are coming shortly. Starting with Duby and Callahan and going to Stepan, McDonagh, Anisimov, McDonagh, Kreider, Thomas, Grachev, MZA, Bourque, Werek, and McIlrath. The Rangers have one of the deepest prospect pools in the league with another first round pick coming to add to the cupboard.

When Drury expires, the Rangers are gonna have the space to add a BIG gun to the group that will contain Duby, Callahan, Stepan, McDonagh, Anisimov, Kreider, Thomas, Grachev, MZA, Bourque, Werek, McIlrath, Gaborik, and Lundqvist.
    Thank You I agree,I don't like the fact that we probably won't make the playoffs either,but I do think we are on the right track.

vCash

This
    JETS/RANGERS/YANKEES/KNICKS/VA TECH/SYRACUSE/ARMY
    "I don't know what a Hokie is, but god is one of them" - Lee Corso
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVP0Q...eature=related - J.O.B. (Jets Over B**ches)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Thank You I agree,I don't like the fact that we probably won't make the playoffs either,but I do think we are on the right track.
    Quote Originally Posted by jEtS60 View Post
    This
    Alternatively they could send those prospects away for veterans who won't be as good as them . Its what the Leafs and Rangers USED to do lol.

vCash
    Drury's contract CAN be moved, he's not a guy that's gonna wanna sit on the bench all night, and that's what he's gonna do here, if he got the option to go to say Toronto where he'd help out their PK and get 2nd line minutes or maybe a cup contender next year I think he goes. Hes not gonna wanna play on a line with Boogard and some kid out of junior. There wouldn't have to be anything of value coming back, his salary off the books is enough. As we've seen with how hard he worked to come back in the lineup today, he knows his time is getting shorter, he's gonna wanna play next year, not sit on the bench, and I don't think Torts wants to sit him their either, I think they talk about it and if a deal can be made it'll be done.

vCash

In theory you have the right idea. But, alone, just waiting for prospects to all pan out usually doesn't work. You have to be able to fill in with the right free agents (either for leadership or other key roles). And you have to be willing to trade some of the kids to fill a need none of the prospects can. They all won't end up being NHL players, so determining what you really have is critical and which one are going to be better than average NHL players.

I agree we seem to have a brighter future, but with this group, do we have enough pure goal scorers, 1 or 2 puck moving defenseman who can carry the puck end to end (like Leetch did so well) and 1 or 2 guys to quarterback the Power Play at the NHL level?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Drury's contract CAN be moved, he's not a guy that's gonna wanna sit on the bench all night, and that's what he's gonna do here, if he got the option to go to say Toronto where he'd help out their PK and get 2nd line minutes or maybe a cup contender next year I think he goes. Hes not gonna wanna play on a line with Boogard and some kid out of junior. There wouldn't have to be anything of value coming back, his salary off the books is enough. As we've seen with how hard he worked to come back in the lineup today, he knows his time is getting shorter, he's gonna wanna play next year, not sit on the bench, and I don't think Torts wants to sit him their either, I think they talk about it and if a deal can be made it'll be done.
    I don't know why Toronto would want Drury. They are rebuilding, which included trading away their veterans.

And besides, he's not a 2nd line player. He's a 4th line checker and penalty killer. Who's going to take his salary (and the cap hit) for that role?

vCash
    There's more to the comparison of McCabe and Tyutin than a stat line can tell imo

McCabe is a much more vocal leader and seasoned vet than Tyutin, that much is obvious.

I firmly believe McCabe manages a PP better than Tyutin ever could...I don't think Tyutin would even play on our PP.

McCabe is cheaper actually. Tyutin is being paid 2.9 million and I think it is safe that McCabe would get that amount or less if he were to play for us next season. Also, we have to trade for Tyutin...we could instead use those guys to trade for something else, even if it's just prospects.
    McCabe is almost 10 yrs older when does his body start breaking down? I think Tyutin would do fine on our PP to be honest and my original plan was to offer McCabe 2 mill which is below what Tyutin was making. Both of them on the PP would be real nice. I just dont give McCabe more then that because at his age it could bite us hard.

vCash

I agree with this but at the same time i disagree. I love our young players but i think we need to upgrade every year because frankly our youth is not NHL ready. They are at least 2 yrs away and some maybe more. Plus it takes a few yrs for them to hit full stride, by that time Gabs will prob be gone and Henrik will be on the otherside of his career.

I love our most of our youth and would not trade them unless its for elite players but i still think some moves could be made to take the next step.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast