Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Daily Show/Colbert Report

Not one thread about any of these two shows? Blasphemy i say! And i know at least half of active PSD members watch either show. I should of probably give these two shows there own thread but there shows are similar in terms of news reporting and there both on comedy central anyway.

Anybody catch Jon Stewart's impression of Glenn Beck again yesterday? Classic!

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-epi...1-jamie-oliver

My reaction if the Lakers get a top 5 pick this year.

vCash
    I find both shows to be kind of amusing but I don't watch them very often. I find satirical news kind of boring to be honest. I do appreciate what both shows try to do but it is quite sad that many Americans get the majority of their news and information from these sources. I find so many people conform their opinions about politics strictly from either show perspective and belief which is very frustrating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    I find both shows to be kind of amusing but I don't watch them very often. I find satirical news kind of boring to be honest. I do appreciate what both shows try to do but it is quite sad that many Americans get the majority of their news and information from these sources. I find so many people conform their opinions about politics strictly from either show perspective and belief which is very frustrating.
    With shows like fox news, mcnbc, or CNN, who could blame them XD

My reaction if the Lakers get a top 5 pick this year.

vCash
    I'm never at home anymore when they're on, so I'll either catch the replay or forget about it completely. I don't care that much for Jon Stewart but Colbert is pretty damn funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'm never at home anymore when they're on, so I'll either catch the replay or forget about it completely. I don't care that much for Jon Stewart but Colbert is pretty damn funny.
    Comedy Central plays reruns of the previous episode at least 5 times a day

but I agree with you, Colbert is much funnier, I rarely watch the Daily Show
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

vCash
    My Fair Colbert - Stephen Colbert's Crown Jewels was effin hilarious

vCash
    The Beck episode the other night was absolutely amazing.

Both Colbert and Stewart are just amazing. I really enjoy both shows a lot.

And, MHC, it isn't how I get my news. I watch it because it's funny and entertaining. And even if it was, I think it's a lot more balanced and reasonable (they're sensible and realistic people) than a lot of shows on primetime on some certain news networks. Stewart especially usually has a message that I find to be extremely, well..."duh" and "no-****" like. He's just chock full of common sense and reason.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]