Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    And our team D sucks all acros the board. D.Will can't guard anyone at this level and we'd be trading the only player on our team that has some impact on defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckyfreshhh View Post
    MANE- those were two very good write up btw. I really want Hamilton from texas at 18. He's got great size and is probably one of the best scorers in the draft.
    I completely agree about wanting Hamilton.

vCash
    You knwo anything about his D though? how bought his rebounding?
    His defense is probably his weakness. His game is purely based around his jumpshot. Below average athleticism for his size.. He takes some Ill advised shots too. I think he's just an average rebounder for his size.

But, he is a phenomenal scorer. Mostly based around his jumper.

I think we're better off with Singleton, but I think in all likelihood Jordan Hamilton will be picked at least a few picks before 18.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    His defense is probably his weakness. His game is purely based around his jumpshot. Below average athleticism for his size.. He takes some Ill advised shots too. I think he's just an average rebounder for his size.

But, he is a phenomenal scorer. Mostly based around his jumper.

I think we're better off with Singleton, but I think in all likelihood Jordan Hamilton will be picked at least a few picks before 18.
    Sounds similar to Nick Young. Still would like to have him tho esp with his size. And i agree that he'll probably go somehwere in front of us.

Not sure how i feel about singleton. I love good D and that's what we need but if he can't do anything else, it deosn't matter how good he is at D cuz he won't get on the court.

At 18 I'd actually really just wanna take Motiejunas. He's got big time potential and we could keep him stashed over seas for a year or two to let him develop. I feel like we might as well go for the potential at 18 cuz in this class I don't see it materializing into much.

vCash
    Yeah, probably will end up more of a complete player than young though. He'll end up a versatile wingman.

I see that problem with Singleton, but I think his athleticism is good enough to become an offensive threat. His jumpshot isn't awful, just average though. I think he's a really good player... But I'm always kinda high on ACC guys because I watch them a lot.

I don't know much about Motiejunas, but if he's available at the 18th pick i see no way we can pass up on him. I know he's a fantastic rebounder.

vCash
    well my bigboard at 18 looks like that than: hamilton, singleton, montiejunas.

It might just be me but I can't stop seeing Al thorton when I look at singleton.

vCash
    Florida State.. Athletic.. Small forward..

I know what you mean, but Al Thornton was a pure scorer in college and never had the tools to do the same in the NBA.. All signs point to Singleton being able to translate his game into the NBA.

Honestly, we can't expect to get too many starting players with an 18th pick. Especially in a thin draft. It normally doesn't happen unless you get lucky. Either way, if Singleton develops some more offensive skills he could very well end up a starter, but I'm fine with a pure defensive role player that we can put in at the end of games to get some big stops.

vCash
    hi again, lol and well when you look at the 18th pick since 2000

Eric Bledsoe
    Tywon Lawson
    JaVale McGee
    Marco Belinelli
    Olexsiy Pecherov
    Gerald Green
    JR Smith
    David West
    Curtis Borchardt
    Quentin Richardson

there are some good starting caliber players in that list, the wiz just need to scout right and not get caught up in hype. who has the tools to make it in the NBA, that what they need to be watching for.

im not to big on Tobias Harris but i do like Jordan Hamilton and Tyler Honeycutt. i really like J.will form MD i think he is going to make something of him self. but with the second round pick i really think we should take Cory Joseph from texas. IK he is a bit raw but i think he is going to be a steal in the 2ed round. i also think if he falls to 18 or you get another pick mid draft that they should take Klay Thompson.

also i hear a lot of people saying trade the 6 trade the 6. i say no you should never trade a first round pick unless your doubling up on your picks. Kawhi Leonard should be a good value at 6.

we should move up to the 2 but there are other ways to do that and maybe snake the 20 as well. plus the wolves wants established big men not picks. all i am saying is we should keep the picks we have and add what ever other picks we can get for this year and next.

this trade would be a good idea for example.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3e9n2et
    with nick in a sign and trade to LA for there trade exception and the wiz getting the 2 and 20 picks from the wolves
    this is just an example and very unlikely to happen but the point is there.

vCash
    I really hope the Wizards don't trade Mcgee and pick for the 2nd overall pick. I will be devastated if we draft Derrick Williams. Not athletic enough to play the 3, doesn't have a jumper and not strong enough to play PF. Hes going to be a disappointment. Granted John Wall could make me look like an All-star.

vCash
    i agree, there are better ways to get the 2 you should not trade the 6 or mcgee. we are rebuilding we need him and we can get a good productive player at 6
    Last edited by gambitx777; 06-17-2011 at 01:47 AM.

vCash
    Not having a jumper is hardly the weakness of Williams' game. He's going to be great, i just think he's immature. He's weak, sure, but that can be overcome.

I definitely don't want to trade McGee though. We would have absolutely no center. center's are too valuable these days..

vCash
    true and he is to good to just let go like that. and the wiz have some other pieces to move such as nick and Blatche and we can get other picks. the most important thing is to not get desperate. if the wolves do not want what we are selling then we sell it some where else. plus we may still be able to move up by other means.

there is a rummer that the cavs are close to a deal with the pistons and the wolves to get the two which would apparently give the wolves 4 and 8. and they might be more willing to move the 4 for blatche and/or nick. picks are going to be flying like crazy closer to draft night the wiz need to play this close to the vest and not panic and make a bad move. if they play it smart and not fast the wiz could capitalize on teams that are not keeping there cool or who are just looking to make moves.

vCash
    Sounds similar to Nick Young. Still would like to have him tho esp with his size. And i agree that he'll probably go somehwere in front of us.

Not sure how i feel about singleton. I love good D and that's what we need but if he can't do anything else, it deosn't matter how good he is at D cuz he won't get on the court.

At 18 I'd actually really just wanna take Motiejunas. He's got big time potential and we could keep him stashed over seas for a year or two to let him develop. I feel like we might as well go for the potential at 18 cuz in this class I don't see it materializing into much.

You're going to have to move way up to snag Motiejunas. He could be a guy they are targeting at #6 if he's there. NBAdraftnet has him in the top 5. They're not the only ones. He's got Pao Gasol-like skills. Very creative down low in freeing for short jump shots and layup. A physical body, agressive rebounder and shot blocker. Not your typical contact-shy low post guy from Europe. Not quite as wide as Kanter but a bit more mobile and no knee issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    Florida State.. Athletic.. Small forward..

I know what you mean, but Al Thornton was a pure scorer in college and never had the tools to do the same in the NBA.. All signs point to Singleton being able to translate his game into the NBA.

Honestly, we can't expect to get too many starting players with an 18th pick. Especially in a thin draft. It normally doesn't happen unless you get lucky. Either way, if Singleton develops some more offensive skills he could very well end up a starter, but I'm fine with a pure defensive role player that we can put in at the end of games to get some big stops.
    Yeah i agree. Most likely this will be a rotational player. So Singleton makes a lot of sense.

Anybody see Chad Ford's lastest mock?

I know its just a mock but it was exactly what I wanted. it had Kanter at 6, and then Hamilton at 18.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Formation View Post
    You're going to have to move way up to snag Motiejunas. He could be a guy they are targeting at #6 if he's there. NBAdraftnet has him in the top 5. They're not the only ones. He's got Pao Gasol-like skills. Very creative down low in freeing for short jump shots and layup. A physical body, agressive rebounder and shot blocker. Not your typical contact-shy low post guy from Europe. Not quite as wide as Kanter but a bit more mobile and no knee issues.
    Dam I got to check out those sites cuz i Havn't seen him even in the lottery in most mocks. Chad Ford has him going 20.

Well I'm not opposed to moving up maybe package 18 and 34, dout that gets us that much higher tho.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast