Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Im really into that Valciunas and Vesely right now. I like the analysis by MANE, I'm seeing Kawhi Leonard name rise up on a lot of boards. From highlights Vesely is a dunking machine... but he has a decent game overall. Hes has decent post game and can stroke it. I know hes 6 11, but I hope he can play SF.

vCash
    Heres what i'm thinking about the 18 pick.

The 18th pick in this years draft is one that surprisingly holds a lot of value in a thin draft. Higher picking teams may use it to trade back because they may think they’re able to acquire a player with the same level of talent with a lower pick. Lower picking teams may package a player and a pick to move up to get a certain elite young talent. But, i think unless there is a very good offer, the Wizards will likely hold and get a pretty talented player. With those post, i will discuss some of those candidates talents and how they would help the team.

Markieff Morris, 6’9 241 21 years old, PF – Kansas

He’s not the greatest offensive threat in the world, but this is a completely safe pick to make. Markieff would immediately step in and be a solid rotation player. He’s good at essentially everything, he just won’t get too much better than he already is. Solid pick and pop, good shooter, just doesn’t have very good handling/physical nature to draw fouls like you would hope from a player like him.

Chris Singleton, 6’9 230 21 years old, SF/PF – Florida State

I have a bit of a high on Singleton. If he’s available at 18, i see absolutely no way we don’t draft him. I think there’s also a strong chance we could package our 18 with this years second or next years second to trade up and pick him. He is an elite defender, and he will be able to guard essentially every player in the NBA. He’s also an incredible athlete, which attributes to his defense really, he jumps in passing lanes, swats shots, and throws down some incredible dunks with ease. He has a fairly decent jump shot. His post moves and overall offensive skills are really where he is lacking, but he has room to develop i believe. Not going to be a superstar by any means, but he could very well be one of the best defenders in the league one day.

Tobias Harris, 6’8 223 18 years old, SF/PF – Tennessee

Tobias has a really nice jumper, but he’s nothing more than a project. Project players aren’t always the best picks, but they have high rewards. He’s actually pretty good at everything, and has awesome potential. The only problem with him is the blend of him being undersized at PF, and he lacks the quickness to beat/be able to defend SF’s, which could be a huge problem.

Obviously, there is a wide range of other players that could be picked here as well, but i decided i’d examine the options that are best for us. I think Singleton is the clear cut pick at 18 if available, but the other two are not in the least bit bad options.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Im really into that Valciunas and Vesely right now. I like the analysis by MANE, I'm seeing Kawhi Leonard name rise up on a lot of boards. From highlights Vesely is a dunking machine... but he has a decent game overall. Hes has decent post game and can stroke it. I know hes 6 11, but I hope he can play SF.
    I want Kanter above all but I don't see us getting him unless we move up. If we stay at 6 I like both of those guys. Vessley makes me a little nervous and i don't kow a ton about him he just reminds me of AK47.

I don't want Kawhi Leonard at all. Especially when we could potentially get a similar palyer at 18 (singleton). I don't put much stock into the NBA combine but when one of your main draws is your athleticism and you test bad at the combine thats a red flag.

vCash
    MANE- those were two very good write up btw. I really want Hamilton from texas at 18. He's got great size and is probably one of the best scorers in the draft.

vCash
    He's another great option. And thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckyfreshhh View Post
    MANE- those were two very good write up btw. I really want Hamilton from texas at 18. He's got great size and is probably one of the best scorers in the draft.
    He's been moving up due to good workouts. Not so much in Washington as he was light-headed and didn't show the Bullets very much. Like you, I'd still like him and think he could be a solid scorer at #3 for a long time. Maybe we trade our 2nd rounder to move up from 18 to get him. We have lots of ammo. Fredette's been looking very strong in workouts too. He'd be a nice complement to Crawford at #2 and a coveted shooter. We'd be set at guard forever if we took him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckyfreshhh View Post
    I want Kanter above all but I don't see us getting him unless we move up. If we stay at 6 I like both of those guys. Vessley makes me a little nervous and i don't kow a ton about him he just reminds me of AK47.

I don't want Kawhi Leonard at all. Especially when we could potentially get a similar palyer at 18 (singleton). I don't put much stock into the NBA combine but when one of your main draws is your athleticism and you test bad at the combine thats a red flag.
    I agree with you on Leonard. I think comparable players will be available with our 2nd first rounder. It's an overvalued pick for him at #6 IMO. But I also don't want tweener Tristan Thomas. I'd gamble on one of the two Euro guys (2 V's) before Leonard/Thomas. But ultimately, Kanter is my guy and I'd give up a player (McGee, Blatche or Young) to move up and get him if there's a taker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    He's another great option. And thanks!
    You knwo anything about his D though? how bought his rebounding?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Formation View Post
    He's been moving up due to good workouts. Not so much in Washington as he was light-headed and didn't show the Bullets very much. Like you, I'd still like him and think he could be a solid scorer at #3 for a long time. Maybe we trade our 2nd rounder to move up from 18 to get him. We have lots of ammo. Fredette's been looking very strong in workouts too. He'd be a nice complement to Crawford at #2 and a coveted shooter. We'd be set at guard forever if we took him.
    Good to finally have some action on here!

That sucks he didn't have a good workout for us I thinkhe'd be a really nice fit. We could definitely be able to score tho with Wall, crawford, young, hamilton. I'd be down with trading 34 for to move up a little if that meant we could secure him.

I don't like Ferdette at all for us tho. Undersized at the 2 and he's not going to be able to gaurd any 2's (or possibly any 1's). I'd rather just resign NY to be our Shooting. that and try to get hamilton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Formation View Post
    I agree with you on Leonard. I think comparable players will be available with our 2nd first rounder. It's an overvalued pick for him at #6 IMO. But I also don't want tweener Tristan Thomas. I'd gamble on one of the two Euro guys (2 V's) before Leonard/Thomas. But ultimately, Kanter is my guy and I'd give up a player (McGee, Blatche or Young) to move up and get him if there's a taker.
    Yeah I think in a better draft he wouldn't even go in the lottery. I'm with you on not wanting Thomas either. I hate tweeners who are really undersized 4's. I think we should definitely go Euro with this pick. Number one is Kanter for sure. followed by the two V's. who do you like more? I odn't know a ton about them but I'm liking Valciounas.

I want to move up for Knater I just don't wanna move McGee. They would compliment each other so well. Would definitely give up blatche tho. I don't think we can trade NY tho cuz he's a FA and we woudln't be able to sign him until after the draft. But before I knew that I was all about trading him and 6 and 34 to utah to get Kanter.

vCash
    If we didn have to move Mcgee tho A frontcourt of Blatche and Kanter wouldn't be bad either.

vCash
    Most talk seems to have the Wiz taking a SF at #6 and expecting them to start next year but has anyone mentioned what the plan in for Rashard Lewis? That's a tough contract to try and move and I hate the idea of paying someone $20+ million a year to come off the bench.

That said I like Leonard at #6 unless we move up for Kanter of course...

At #18 I could go a number of ways. If we think he will be gone in the 2nd round then I wouldn't mind looking at Nolan Smith, otherwise I'd like to take a shot on someone like Jeremy Tyler or Bismack Biyombo if either are there at 18. In the second round take a guard in the 2nd round like Malcolm Lee, Corey Joseph, Norris Cole, or Reggie Jackson unless Smith was selected at #18 in which case take the best player available.

vCash
    just saw the wolves have offered beasly + #2 pick for mcgee and #6 pick ... personally i woudln't do it ... we could get kanter but beasley is still unproven and mcgee is pretty solid defensively

vCash
    Derrick Williams is the best player in this draft. He can play the 3 and 4 and would create a dynamic duo with Wall... especially on the fast break. He's an athletic freak. If the Wizards don't draft him then this draft will be a complete waste.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shareeb_omac2 View Post
    Derrick Williams is the best player in this draft. He can play the 3 and 4 and would create a dynamic duo with Wall... especially on the fast break. He's an athletic freak. If the Wizards don't draft him then this draft will be a complete waste.
    Got to completely disagree. Idk everyone thinks he can play the 3! He doesn't have the ball handling and has never played the 3! He's an undersized 4 who was just able to dominate 19 physically thats not going to happen in the NBA. I don't doubt that he'll be able to score and find a niche but c'mon who is this guy going to cover? he definitley can't cover NBA 3's and he'll get posted up on down low. Plus 8 boards a game? that's weak. He is Michael Beasley lite..

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast