Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gambitx777 View Post
    no to both of them. kanter spent a lot of time being around U.S teams and players thats why i am good with him. the rest of the internationals NO other than nikola vucevic if we can get him later with our 2 or by buying a pick some where. i dont like internationals unless they play some kind of U.S. ball first. its a trust and time issue for me unless they play us ball its a no for me.

Leonard will be productive and i see your point about the 3's but at the same time when is depth ever a bad thing. he will be a good player and even if we take a 3 next year he can produce off the bench for us and we will have good depth at the 3.
    This is one of the weakest drafts ever. I'm 100% okay with taking an international big as a high risk high reward type. Leonard just seems like a moderate risk/low-moderate reward. If all he ends up as a depth player I much rather at least take a shot on someone how could blow up or bust.

vCash
    In assessing the day after the draft, I'm okay with the guys we got. I always had a feeling we'd get Singleton with our #18 pick but thought for certain we'd get Kanter. Probably Grunfeld thought giving up #18 & 6 was too much along with a player or taking on a contract. I'd have to agree. I'm glad we kept everyone intact as the team is definitely better talent-wise. A big question would be whether we re-sign Josh Howard. If we did and he is healthy, it would add some wins which the team could use just to build on and attract free agents. I don't see us in the lottery again as we should be far more competetive with this nucleus. I'm not talking playoffs but more wins and more competetive.
    Obviously, the team now needs to develop and create a personality. One thing's for certain, this team has a much better direction than just one year ago when we didn't know if we could unload Arenas.
    And with the continued cap clearing, we can go after a big-time player down the road.
    BTW, getting a Singleton as a defensive stopper can make a difference in a playoff series. That was a nice piece to add for the future.
    I think Grunfeld has a done a great job in rebuilding this from a veteran-dominated, cap-strung team in two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckyfreshhh View Post
    This is one of the weakest drafts ever. I'm 100% okay with taking an international big as a high risk high reward type. Leonard just seems like a moderate risk/low-moderate reward. If all he ends up as a depth player I much rather at least take a shot on someone how could blow up or bust.
    well we will only know that in a few years you never know now do you. the spurs seem to trust him and they ALWAYS draft well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Formation View Post
    In assessing the day after the draft, I'm okay with the guys we got. I always had a feeling we'd get Singleton with our #18 pick but thought for certain we'd get Kanter. Probably Grunfeld thought giving up #18 & 6 was too much along with a player or taking on a contract. I'd have to agree. I'm glad we kept everyone intact as the team is definitely better talent-wise. A big question would be whether we re-sign Josh Howard. If we did and he is healthy, it would add some wins which the team could use just to build on and attract free agents. I don't see us in the lottery again as we should be far more competetive with this nucleus. I'm not talking playoffs but more wins and more competetive.
    Obviously, the team now needs to develop and create a personality. One thing's for certain, this team has a much better direction than just one year ago when we didn't know if we could unload Arenas.
    And with the continued cap clearing, we can go after a big-time player down the road.
    BTW, getting a Singleton as a defensive stopper can make a difference in a playoff series. That was a nice piece to add for the future.
    I think Grunfeld has a done a great job in rebuilding this from a veteran-dominated, cap-strung team in two years.
    i agree he got some really good players. the wiz are definitely in the top 5 teams draft wise this year. i will admit it was a good move skill wise taking jan. i don't think we should have done it because i really do not like to take international players in the draft unless they have played some u.s. ball. but i am starting to sound like a broken record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Formation View Post
    I saw somewhere that Ernie said teams wanted 6, 18 and a first next year to move up! Thats insane I'm glad he didn't do it either.

I want nothing more than to be in the lottery again next year lol. Next years class is loaded at the 3/4. So whatever Vesely possibly turns into we can get the oppisite/complimentary player in the draft. We need to find a way to get another draft pick next year for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckyfreshhh View Post
    I saw somewhere that Ernie said teams wanted 6, 18 and a first next year to move up! Thats insane I'm glad he didn't do it either.

I want nothing more than to be in the lottery again next year lol. Next years class is loaded at the 3/4. So whatever Vesely possibly turns into we can get the oppisite/complimentary player in the draft. We need to find a way to get another draft pick next year for sure.
    well the thing is that we should go for another pick next year but not if we have to trade a future first rounder to do it. you have blatche and young. do it that way or with some future 2eds. i agree with getting another first next year but we have to do it right, and not trade away our future to do it. even with our young team.

vCash
    Looking back at that Hinrich trade, it's not even close. To dump his contract, get Crawford and Singleton....that's a heist. The young talent continues to stockpile for us. I look forward to the power forwards from last year - Seraphin & Booker to get more minutes this year. Four 1st rounders last year, 2 this year with a high 2nd. Young veterans McGee, Blatche & Young...they all need some playing time ASAP.
    Last edited by Jet Formation; 07-04-2011 at 09:57 AM.

vCash
    i agree, E.G. really made a good case for him self this past year and definitely made up for past draft short comings like in 09. and once the off season can start back up who know what the wiz might do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gambitx777 View Post
    i agree, E.G. really made a good case for him self this past year and definitely made up for past draft short comings like in 09. and once the off season can start back up who know what the wiz might do.
    LOL '09 was the worst! That trade was so bad Idk if I can get over it. We wanted Rubio at 5 but it was a fact he wouldn't be there and then we traded out of 5 before the draft! (cannot understand why anyone would do that)

I'm willing to give EG one more year tho. The '10 draft was a slam dunk (idk if he really gets credit for that), 09 was awful and this year was pretty decent. So I say he gets one more year to make or break.

His trades have been good but than the contract he gave Blatche wasn't so good.

vCash
    IKIK i mean 09 was just WOW. but again who knows we could end up getting some 09 draft players at some point LOL. but yeah if he can do this again in next years draft he should keep his job for sure lol.
    Last edited by gambitx777; 07-07-2011 at 01:06 AM.

vCash
    we should fire EG and bring in Pritchard from Portland.

vCash
    i think he is doing a good job. the blame needs to fall on blatche, young, and flip. they are the three biggest problems for this team. E.G. has done a great job. his only wrong move was not totally blowing up the roaster. he took nick and blatche at there talent and potential and hoped that the did were not to influenced bye the team they were a part of. those to guys need to go. mcgee might be savable based on hows he is playing so far. but nick and blatch are to set in there ways and need to go NOW!
    as for the draft
    we might end up with the worst record. meaning an almost guaranteed top 4 or better. pick. we need to try and pick up one more some how. probably with blatche and nick. and try to cash in our two seconds for a late first. i think the goal should be to have 1-2 firsts and 1-2 seconds or 2-3 fists total. which is possible at least.

vCash
    Noell should be our pick dude is better tham anothony davis and is josh smith smith eith upside.
    Reed Doughty .......where second chances will ALWAYS HAPPEN. Stay tuned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jason17 View Post
    Noell should be our pick dude is better tham anothony davis and is josh smith smith eith upside.
    Noell doesn't even approach Davis' skill set. Not even close.

vCash
    Trade Idea

Bulls Get: Trevor Ariza and WAS 2013 Pick
    Wizards Get: Luol Deng and CHI 2013 Pick

vCash
    shabazz muhammad is our guy

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast