Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

OK I'll say something good....Part 4

The Padres have established a credible 3-4-5-6 in their lineup (Headley, Quentin, Grandal, Alonso), a very good SS and 2B combo (Cabrera, Amarista, Forsythe). They have hit as a team with the rest acting as character actors with speed. They have starting pitching (how?) and somehow overcame a closer deficit.

It's called a team effort.

I salute Balsey, Black and Plantier.

vCash
    Agreed on the bats, injuries to the arms this year killed the team. Looking forward to a healthy 2013.

vCash
    The Padres may be a little too aggressive on the base-paths as in a lot of line drive double-plays, but I'd rather see them aggressive than hesitant. Guzman is still a weak spot defensively despite a limited amount of starts at 1B and OF, but fills in offensively. Amarista is still a little raw at the plate and is susceptible to the high pitch, I'd rather see him take the high pitch than whiff. Maybin is quickly learning the strike zone after a really awful long time...He's my biggest surprise and take-back. He is legit offensively and especially defensively. Cabrera is learning from the Chase Headley school of making the pitcher work with the extended at bat. Quentin is swinging too much at that low and away sucker pitch, but no complaints here other than that. He'll be 30 and 100 next year with this line-up getting on base and Grandal hitting behind him.

vCash
    Still think we need a cleanup hitter Quentin is more of a 5 Alonso more a a 2.

vCash
    Quentin barely played half a season. He is an average player defensively. Injury prone. I still think he is perfect as the Padres cleanup hitter if he stops swinging at the low and away sucker pitches. He's a 30 100 guy with this team if he plays a full season. Headley too.