Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Warner Bros. to 'reinvent Batman' after TDKR

To any Batfan's wondering about Batman's future on the big screen:

Warner Bros. to Reboot BATMAN after THE DARK KNIGHT RISES; Christopher Nolan to Remain on as Producer

Christopher Nolan has publicly stated that The Dark Knight Rises will be his final Batman film, and Warner Bros. is already looking ahead to the future of the franchise. As we reported last night, the studio is currently planning a Justice League movie for 2013 and Warner Bros. president Jeff Robinov tells Hero Complex that scripts are being written for Flash and Wonder Woman (the Wonder Woman project would exist separately from the upcoming NBC show). But most intriguing is what the studio plans to do with its marquee superhero, Batman:

“We have the third Batman, but then we’ll have to reinvent Batman…” says Robinov. “Chris Nolan and [producing partner and wife] Emma Thomas will be producing it, so it will be a conversation with them about what the next phase is.”

Since Nolan said TDKR would be his last Batman film, I already assumed that Warner Bros. would reboot the franchise. However, I hope that they don’t devote yet another film to Batman’s origin story. We all know how Bruce Wayne became Batman.

I’m a little worried about keeping Nolan and Thomas on as producers. I’m hoping that they’ll be on board simply to give the reboot some cred and leave the creative decisions to a new director and his or her team. Nolan has recast the Batman world in a “realistic” setting and that’s a perfectly valid take that’s had both positive and negative repercussions. But I think a trilogy of Batman films done in that style is enough and it’s time to see what a new director can bring to the table.

Another question worth asking is if Warner Bros. plans to tie Justice League to their new Batman. Will the actor who plays Batman in JL also play Batman in the new franchise? Or will Justice League exist in its own universe?
    Thoughts?

I'm ok with this. Ideally I wanted WB to half-re-boot it if you will. I would've liked to see them keep this style and start telling a new trilogy in that universe, the realistic one Nolan has laid out with perhaps a new Batman and cast.

The thought of a new version is cool though. It will be interesting to see who they nab to helm the new era of Batman films.
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    More Batman is always better. I still think WB will eff up the Justice League, especially if they rush it like a 2013 date would.

Strongly doubt Nolan will be heavily involved, they're just using the name to sell the idea to fans.

vCash
    I think that is kind of pathetic TBH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedBadMan View Post
    I think that is kind of pathetic TBH.
    People forget that these companies are businesses and if they stand to make a lot of money than why the hell should they not make a JL movie or have another version of batman? I am sure they really care how pathetic we think they are while they wipe their ***** with money.

vCash
    The more batman the better.

The End is Coming.

vCash
    They are never going to stop making batman movies. Its just a matter of how long in between them it will be.

Can't imagine 2 good re imaginings in a row, but maybe Nolan's success will convinse them not to water down the edginess with too much piss.

vCash
    Won't be wiping their *** with my money. If people buy into them churning out another Batman right after the last iteration, more power to them. But if enough people go, "Do I really want to see another Batman off the assembly line this soon?" maybe they won't be wiping their *** with anyone's.

I don't mind these reboots of series and what not as time passes, but to put out another one right after one ended? And when it was so good? Just seems like a money grab to me, and the movie will probably suck.

vCash
    I think is lame, but what do you expect? People go to see Batman movies and they will continue to make them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbs View Post
    not true...

I love Batman but to put him in the Justice League they are going to have to make him at least a little bit more campy I think, which I don't like. They are also going to have to make his world less believable to be able to be dropped right into the Green Lantern, Superman, Aquaman, Flash, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter universes. This Batman will NOT be as popular because it can't be as "real" as the current franchise. Your going to go back and see Arnold as Mr. Freeze and Uma Thurman being pushed with her chemicals into a shallow grave and emerging as a poison lipped villain.

Hopefully they don't make an Aquaman movie...that guy is just ****ing boring...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbs View Post
    lol have you not seen the Clooney batman?

vCash
    Ok this is true. They should put effort into it. Was freeze that awful lol?

The End is Coming.

vCash
    If people are willing to go see new Batman's, they are going to make them....its as simple as that.

vCash
    This would only be news if Warner Bro's had said that they WERE NOT going to make any more Batmans after this...

Of course they will continue making them.

vCash
    I don't mind the idea, but I do agree they should probably hold off instead of rushing it. Let Marvel lay some sort of ground work as to how they should approach this and make any necessary changes to make their version successful.

I will enjoy although I highly doubt I will like the new Batman as much as Nolans.
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    I don't think that they'd have to make Bats that campy in order to be an a JL movie. In the majority of comics/cartoons/etc that he's involved in with the JL he has been one of the stoic/serious characters who's always using his problem solving abilities to figure things out and such. As opposed to characters like the Flash, Green Arrow, and later others (like Firestorm) who are the comedians of the group. To keep an edge about him would work perfect IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast