Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 2982 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 198224822882293229722980298129822983298429923032308234823982 ... LastLast
Results 44,716 to 44,730 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

There is a very real chance that Crawford and Niemi could go up against each other in the playoffs as well. Do the Hawks have 2 goalies in the AHL that could face each other too? lol

^^^ I wish, we are pretty low on quality goalie prospects. That is why getting Salak in the Frolik deal was so big for us.

95: Coys: Col, @LA, SJ, @SJ
    94: Kings: @Van, Dal, @SJ, Phx, @Ana, Ana
    93: Anah: @SJ, Dal, SJ, LA, @LA
    92: Preds: @Col, Det, Atl, Clb, @StL
    90: Hawks: @CLB, TB, @Mtl, StL, @Det, Det

ANA has 16 pts over their last 10 gms, & are playing the best of the 5 now. The Hawks are not likely to catch the Pacific teams, so it all comes down to them & the Preds for the right to face Det instead of Vancouver. The Preds have the more favorable sched left, so the Hawks have to look at each game as must win now. I do like the Hawks chances against Det so I hope they play with a sense of urgency from here on.
    Last edited by ChiSoxJuan; 04-04-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Blackhawks' 'chirping' infuriates Bruins' Thornton

BOSTON -- The Blackhawks aren't making many friends around the NHL.

For the second time this season, an opponent accused the Hawks of taunting from the bench while making his way off the ice following an injury

Blackhawks ignore Shawn Thornton
    Last edited by icehogfan08; 03-31-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Mike Brodeur and Joe Fallon had stints in Rockford, other than that none are coming to mind

Joel Quenneville says Patrick Sharp "progressing well. We could see him on the ice next week."
    Via Chris Kuc Twitter

To spark some convo in this thead these are the following Free Agents. Who would you guys bring back, and for what price.

RFA:
    Evan Brophey
    Troy Brouwer
    Brian Connelly
    Corey Crawford
    Nathan Davis
    Jake Dowell
    Michael Frolik
    Rob Klinkhammer
    Mathis Olimb
    Alec Richards
    Alex Salak
    Viktor Stalberg
    Ivan Vishnevskiy

UFA:
    Jassen Cullimore
    Garnet Exelby
    Jordan Hendry
    Ryan Johnson
    Tomas Kopecky
    Fernando Pisani
    Jeff Taffe
    Hannu Toivenon
    Marty Turco

^^^ haha Scott stepping up from the press box.

Look, I don't condone anyone chirping a guy in Thornton's condition but a few things here...
    1. I'm sure the Blackhawks (or just one player) was yelling about Karma. That was knee to knee all day on Hjalmarsson.
    2. I'm sure they didn't think he needed 40 stitches.

It really isn't that big of a deal, everyone chirps.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nh...e=NHLHeadlines

"Corey Crawford not talking contract" - will wait until after the season. Probably a good move for the young goaltender as he has enough on his shoulders right now.

Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    To spark some convo in this thead these are the following Free Agents. Who would you guys bring back, and for what price.

UFA:
    Jassen Cullimore
    Garnet Exelby
    Jordan Hendry
    Ryan Johnson
    Tomas Kopecky
    Fernando Pisani
    Jeff Taffe
    Hannu Toivenon
    Marty Turco
    I'll talk about the UFA's. About 99% of the RFA's we should resign if the deal is right.

Cullimore/Exelby/Hendry/Toivenon/Taffe - They can all walk for the most part unless we sign them to dirt cheap contracts. Everyone but Hendry would most likely be an AHL player next year.

Ryan Johnson - lock this guy up....RIGHT NOW. Best faceoff guy in the league. He is a HUGE reason why we are in the playoffs right now. A solid energy guy who can skate and is perfect for our 4th line.

Kopecky - mixed feelings. I don't like him at the 1.2 Mil and I am not a fan of him. He does however work hard. If we could get him at 1 Mil for the bottom 9, I'd be fine.

Turco - probably let him walk. Definitely wouldn't sign him for over .750M, as he would definitely be the back up goalie. I rather sign someone that is a professional backup (has experience there) and knows the role. Even though Turco has been a professional throughout this whole thing, being a back up is tough.

Pisani - I let Pisani walk. We need to use his money to sign a 4th liner that can skate, hit, and has size.

We'd better beat the jackets. It would suck to miss the playoffs the season after winning it all.

Like the Blackhawks? Hockey? Sports in general? Create a free account at ProSportsDaily and join in on the conversations today. Signing up takes no time at all, and you can be on the forums posting your opinions before you know it!

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Thornton is a punk. That was a dirty hit on H4. What goes around, comes around.

The road to playoffs:

Wins over CBJ, TB and StL - maybe one over Detroit.

I would think that would do it.

^^^ I agree. Even less in all honesty...even though I rather they just win out! Big win by the Sharks over the Ducks, really big. Also the Canucks beating the Kings helps us a little.

Friday, April 1

Blackhawks at Blue Jackets - HUGE win needed here.
    Flames at Blues - would love for the Blues to put the Flames out of this race
    Avalanche at Coyotes - I wish the Avs knew how to win.

Saturday, April 2

Lightning at Wild - might as well root for the Lightning to put the Wild out for good
    Redwings at Predators - rooting for the Wings
    Stars at Kings - I'm rooting for the Kings. Rather the teams in the playoffs win at this point.
    Ducks at Sharks - rooting for the Sharks

Poor planning, I'll have the GT done by tomorrow. Use this as the GT I guess, lol

Hawks vs. Blue Jackets

Like the Blackhawks? Hockey? Sports in general? Create a free account at ProSportsDaily and join in on the conversations today. Signing up takes no time at all, and you can be on the forums posting your opinions before you know it!

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.