Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Who does Johnathan Toews remind you of?

I've seen alot of people compare him to Steve Yzerman. Alot of people are actually compared to Yzerman though, like Steven Stamkos. So other than Yzerman, who would you compare Toews to and why? Best case scernio for his career, and worst.

vCash
    Well I was gonna say Yzerman but...

vCash
    I was listening to the radio yesterday and the radio analysts were saying a less physical Mark Messier.

I would say that is accurate.

DeMar "DeFuture" DeRozan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I've seen alot of people compare him to Steve Yzerman. Alot of people are actually compared to Yzerman though, like Steven Stamkos. So other than Yzerman, who would you compare Toews to and why? Best case scernio for his career, and worst.
    I think Toews is the best comparison to Yzerman. Stamkos is completely different (not necessarily in a bad way) but I don't see that comparison at all.

I've seen Messier, but Messier was a whole lot more physical and a bit of a different player.

The nice thing is...everyone likes to compare Toews to the great leaders. I have no problem with that at all.

vCash
    And Kane?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Truth View Post
    I was listening to the radio yesterday and the radio analysts were saying a less physical Mark Messier.

I would say that is accurate.
    I think his skills compare more to stevie Y and his character/leadership ability is more reminisent of Messier

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    And Kane?
    I don't think there is anyone out there to compare Kane to. He has a very specific and very unique game.

Honestly, the best person to compare him to is Gretzky (which isn't fair and isn't exactly accurate). The only reason I say that is because both aren't extremely physical, Kane is becoming better defensively, but both see the ice extremely well, are pass first type guys, and would pull up and let the play come to them.

If someone can give a better comparison I would welcome it...because mine isn't that fair to either player.

vCash
    Elias/Brierre-ish for kane?

vCash
    Toews is most like Yzerman.

Kane is a tough one because Kane isn't that GREAT of a player yet (he's good, just not great). He's shown brilliant flashes, but that's about it. Toews, on the other hand, has put up similar point numbers to Kane, but has done so, so, so, so, so much more beyond the points than Kane.

vCash
    Fred Savage

vCash
    Jordan, he commands the respect of his teammates, leads when they need it, has a nice sidekick (Kane). Though I am unsure about a gambling problem and I also so not see him selling underwear or buying the Hawks. Seriously though, how many teams can say they have a face of the franchise? Not all teams. Toews also embraces the leadership role. Yzerman only won cups when the supporting cast around him was better, he did nothing in the first few years of his career, of course the Oilers dynasty was going at that time too.
    "But their winning that's all the knowledge I need and trust I know more about football than you do, becuse the reason your on here becuase the bears are not winning dumd **s right now I'm doing this in my office for your info I'm sitting at my desk at my six figure a year job I get paid to do nothing pls don't reply you don't make enough money see I was trying to be nice I'm done with this holla at me next year"

Nine posts in, one immortal quote by russturgis32

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aheili30 View Post
    Toews is most like Yzerman.

Kane is a tough one because Kane isn't that GREAT of a player yet (he's good, just not great). He's shown brilliant flashes, but that's about it. Toews, on the other hand, has put up similar point numbers to Kane, but has done so, so, so, so, so much more beyond the points than Kane.
    I still think kane is pretty damn close to a great player with his defensive game much improved and he usually puts up more points than toews does have slightly more offensive upside than Toews IMO.

I agree that there really aren't any good comparisons for kane and
    I think a slightly better Rod Brind'Amour is also a good toews comparison.

vCash
    Toews is a great leader he really doesnt have to be compared to anyone else, he has a cup, gold medal, and Conn Smythe.... nuff said.

Iowa's Gonna Knock You Out

vCash
    Kane reminds me of Theo Fleury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Jam Hammer View Post
    Kane reminds me of Theo Fleury.
    The only similarity I really see is size...other than that I don't see it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast