Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    After fully customizing everything, and setting it up exactly how I want, I actually like it a lot more. Not sure if I'll use it over Chrome still, but it's much better than I expected.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FaM0us Skins View Post
    The new version is ok but they shouldn't of move stuff around in the new version
    Well it isnt an upgrade, it is a new version so that doesnt bother me so much. But i do understand what you mean.

I wish there was some drag and drop customization in moving stuff around, but i will get use to it.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    After fully customizing everything, and setting it up exactly how I want, I actually like it a lot more. Not sure if I'll use it over Chrome still, but it's much better than I expected.
    i like chrome. But i always seem to gravitate to FF. I do use both, but i prefer both. Now with 4 out i like it a bit more now.

But both are great browsers

vCash
    Mozilla has officially released Firefox 4, a major update of the popular open source Web browser. The new version introduces a much-improved user interface, significant performance enhancements, strong support for the latest Web standards, and noteworthy new features like built-in support for synchronizing bookmarks and other browser data.

Firefox 4 has been under development for over a year—the last major update, version 3.6, was released in January 2010. The 4.0 release arrives at a time when the Web is enjoying an unprecedented level of competition and a rapid pace of evolution. Although Mozilla arguably deserves a lot of credit for the role that it has played in accelerating the advancement of the open Web, the organization fell behind competing browser vendors due to the protracted length of its development cycle. The 4.0 release catapults Firefox back to the front of the pack, bringing parity in performance, features, usability, and support for Web standards.

User interface

Firefox 4 includes some of the most significant user interface changes in the browser's history. The tabs have been moved to the top of the window, above the main navigation bar. Other elements of the user interface have also been streamlined.

The stop and refresh features, which previously had their own dedicated buttons in the navigation toolbar, have been combined into a single button that is integrated into the tail end of the URL box. The bookmarks bar has been collapsed into a single button that is positioned at the right-hand edge of the main toolbar. The home button was moved to the immediate left of the new bookmarks button.

Mozilla has removed the conventional statusbar from the bottom of the window, replacing it with the same kind of transient statusbar that Google uses in Chrome. When the user hovers their cursor over the contents of an anchor tag in a Web page, the destination URL will appear in a floating rectangle at the bottom of the window. Mozilla experimented with several other ways of presenting the destination URL during the Firefox 4 development cycle, including an approach where the destination URL was displayed as an overlay in the URL box, before settling on Chrome's method.
    Source: Arstechnica.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Darn, they moved stuff around and now i have to re-adjust. It use to be right click and down arrow twice to open in a new tab. Now it is right click and down arrow once.
    I had no idea what you were talking about until I opened up a new window a couple times instead of a new tab.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    gonna have to get used to the home button being on the far right...but w/e

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I had no idea what you were talking about until I opened up a new window a couple times instead of a new tab.
    It could go under the radar unless you use it that way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I like Chrome more still

Anyone else?
    i love chrome. firefox always takes a while to load chrome doesnt.

i havent checked out the new version of firefox, but i'll dl it to see how it measures up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rego247 View Post
    i love chrome. firefox always takes a while to load chrome doesnt.

i havent checked out the new version of firefox, but i'll dl it to see how it measures up.
    this firefox is so much faster. its way better than the old one. it's pretty much a rip off of chrome though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    gonna have to get used to the home button being on the far right...but w/e
    The only thing I dont like so far.

For some reason firefox acts up when i am playing a video. I updated my flash player and it still freezes a bit

Too many what Ifs

vCash
    You know you can move the home button right? Right click on it, customize, and drag it wherever you want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hizpcstr View Post
    The only thing I dont like so far.

For some reason firefox acts up when i am playing a video. I updated my flash player and it still freezes a bit
    I know what you mean. When I first downloaded it, every video I watched would freeze or lag. But since then it has been stopped doing that.

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    If you upgrade from the old FF, does it keep all your add-ons and such or do you have to do that yourself?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    If you upgrade from the old FF, does it keep all your add-ons and such or do you have to do that yourself?
    I upgraded, and it keeps all of your old stuff barring that it is compatible, which all of mine were.

vCash
    Even if they're not compatible, it keeps them and will just update them when a compatible version is released.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast