Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    You let him play out the season and see if he bounces back lol. What else can you do? Sell low??

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Why do people act as if we have an easy answer at 2B if Hill isn't the guy? If he can give you a .265/.330/.440-ish line with plus defense at 2B (reasonable expectations, I think) I'd take that without hesitation for the next 3 years and 21M and I wouldn't be mad if they gave him the 10M option either. These aren't outrageous terms and the contract ends at the perfect time (when he's 31 or 32). A brilliantly drawn up contract in retrospect, actually.

vCash
    I'd say wait, too.

I can easily see an infield with Yunel at 2B, Hech at SS and Lawrie at 3B by as early as next year if Hill struggles. I wouldn't be surprised if they trade Hill by mid-season, with the aforementioned infield in mind.

vCash
    We are not the Yankees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by darius View Post
    I'd say wait, too.

I can easily see an infield with Yunel at 2B, Hech at SS and Lawrie at 3B by as early as next year if Hill struggles. I wouldn't be surprised if they trade Hill by mid-season, with the aforementioned infield in mind.
    I'd be pretty surprised to see Hech as a full-time big leaguer by the start of next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaHaRaJaH View Post
    We are not the Yankees.
    We are NOT the Pirates either....

vCash
    He is obviously not a .205 hitter. As mentioned numerous times he had a BABIP under .200 last year which was last in the league, that trend should even itself out and we should see a .270-.280 hitter who could go .300 + in a real good year (which at age 29 should be the next 2-3 years hopefully)

I think either way it's a relatively a small price to pay to get a player who gives you + defense and ++ power at 2B and is in the upper tier of 2B in the league.

Business wise though the smart move is to wait till the offseason and see what transpires.

They could always renegotiate and get that final year back plus more if they want.

vCash
    ^^He is never hitting over .300. Yeah the BABIP was crazy low but that tends to happen when everything you hit goes straight upwards. I'd guess that even .270 is wishful thinking. He's a solid player with above average pop and a great glove though, it isn't a lot of money to pay if he's healthy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12