Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What to do with Aaron Hill?

Don't remember seeing this addressed in any detail in any other threads so I figured I start a thread on it.

On March 31st the Jays need to make a decision on whether they will pick up all three of Aaron Hills options worth 26M. If they don't then they have till after the World Series to decide whether to pick up 1 or 2 option years worth 8M each. If they decline both options Aaron Hill will be a free agent after this season.

I think its more than likely the Jays will wait till season end to make a decision on Hill, thus voiding the 2014 option worth 10M. I think this is probably the best way to go.

What does everyone else think?

vCash
    When healthy Aaron Hill has been worth 10 Million, except for last year. Its a tough decision but I am not sure at the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    When healthy Aaron Hill has been worth 10 Million, except for last year. Its a tough decision but I am not sure at the moment.
    A 2009 Aaron Hill is worth 17 million. It is tough to say what to do here, though- I kind of see AA waiting to see what kind of a rebound there is.

vCash
    there isn't much harm in waiting for the offseason to decide

vCash
    If they don't pick up the option then they loose a year. Even if he turns out to do what he did last year we are only paying for one extra year which potentially turns into a bargain if he raises his BA to .270-280. I accept the option with risk comes reward.

vCash
    accept it and hopes he has a good year. Then trade him in one of those good years for some good ole prospects

vCash
    I'm not too worried about waiting. We have guys in the system who could take over at 2nd in 2 years if needed. I think we should wait until after the season to see what to do.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    I'm not too worried about waiting. We have guys in the system who could take over at 2nd in 2 years if needed. I think we should wait until after the season to see what to do.
    Agreed, and thats why the options are there in the first place. It wouldnt make sense to pick the option now especially with the bad year Hill had last season.

vCash
    Wait till after the World Series.

Favourite UFC Fighters
    HW - Cain Velasquez
    LHW - Lyoto Machida
    MW - Vitor Belfort
    WW - Georges St-Pierre
    LW - Anthony Pettis

vCash
    I would wait and see what happens with Hill in 2011 before picking up options. Even if we lose him in 2014, 10 million will bring us a hell of a second baseman.

vCash
    they need to wait...Hill had an off year last year but also had a few nagging injuries that clearly effected his play. Hopefully he gets back on the field today against the twins and finishes the spring strong. When healthy Hill is a legit threat to hit .280 or better with 30hr.. i think if he hits.250 26hr 85 rbi they will pick up his options

Nofear is offline Amish Rake Fighting Champ
    vCash
    Wait until next offseason. Even if you lose that one year, you still can work out a new deal if he bounces back.

vCash
    I agree you gotta wait till after the world series, I can't imagine 3 years from now when Hill is 32, that he's gonna be getting anything significantly north of 10M in FA anyways. Who knows maybe by then we have another 2B in the pipeline and its time to part ways.

vCash
    The Blue Jays should wait and determine his value. He truly needs to improve his batting average and overall performance to be worth that money. If he can bat .280 and still jack as many HRs as he does, then he is worth the option.

vCash
    I would wait to see how he bounces back this season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast