Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 2975 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 197524752875292529652973297429752976297729853025307534753975 ... LastLast
Results 44,611 to 44,625 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

Quote Originally Posted by Da Jam Hammer View Post
    Kane reminds me of Theo Fleury.
    The only similarity I really see is size...other than that I don't see it.

Yeah well you suck.

Sharp Toews Kane
    Brouwer Bolland Hossa
    Bickell Kruger Frolik
    Stalberg Dowell/Johnson Pisani

would be sick for next season if Kruger can prove he belongs here.

^^^ I agree, but I actually think that you put Kruger up in the second line and Bolland down in the third. Kruger will most likely have more offensive upside than Bolland and can feed the puck to Hossa all day. Kruger would struggle in a shut down role on the 3rd line because of his size. Also, I think if you put Kruger on the second with Hossa, Hossa will help out big time defensively as he is a beast.

Just my reasons for Kruger sliding up and Bolland going down.

A guy I look to, in hopes of fast success for Kruger, is Marcus Johansson of the Capitals. Johansson played in the SEL last year (same league as Kruger) and put up 20 points in 42 games. Johansson has 26 points in 61 games this year, while being primarily on the 3rd line for the Caps. Last year in the SEL, Kruger put up 31 points in 38 games and 35 points in 52 games this year. The guy is a set up stud...and potentially with Hossa, the sky is the limit.

Looks like Kruger will be on the third line tonight.

The 20-year-old center landed in Chicago on Tuesday, brought over once his season ended with Djurgardens of the Swedish Elite League. The former fifth-round pick from 2009 jumped on a line with Troy Brouwer and Bryan Bickell at the morning skate.
    http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...,5397230.story

^^^ Nice find. Should be very interesting. I just hope we don't use the 3rd line as a shutdown line tonight because that would be a tall order for Kruger in his first glance of NHL action.

This guy could be a steal if he becomes even a half way decent NHLer. Only 20 years old and we snagged him in the 5th round...impressive. Thank you Scotty Bowman.

There is a value but maybe a more worth while stat would be 1 goal victories.
    It looks like the HAwks are 13-10 in one goal games thru OT (no shoot out), the usual thought being less playoff goals overall...although CHI had pleanty of 4-6 goal games last year

BTW will anyone have a link for tonights game...I'm traveling and only have the computer!

Thanks

^^^ I don't have a link but I definitely agree. The Blackhawks have been hurt by some poor efforts in 1 goal games this year.

Also, if anyone does send a link, please do it via Personal Message as we are not allowed to post it on the wall. Hope you find a link!

The Green Bay Packers were in a similar situation this year. They snuck into the playoffs as a 6 seed (with only 6 playoff spots), but were second in the NFL in point differential behind New England. Also, the Packers were never down by more than 7 points at any point of any game in their entire 20 game schedule...and they ultimately won the Super Bowl.

If the Hawks get in, they will be a team no one wants to face, no matter their seeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    ^^^ I agree, but I actually think that you put Kruger up in the second line and Bolland down in the third. Kruger will most likely have more offensive upside than Bolland and can feed the puck to Hossa all day. Kruger would struggle in a shut down role on the 3rd line because of his size. Also, I think if you put Kruger on the second with Hossa, Hossa will help out big time defensively as he is a beast.

Just my reasons for Kruger sliding up and Bolland going down.

A guy I look to, in hopes of fast success for Kruger, is Marcus Johansson of the Capitals. Johansson played in the SEL last year (same league as Kruger) and put up 20 points in 42 games. Johansson has 26 points in 61 games this year, while being primarily on the 3rd line for the Caps. Last year in the SEL, Kruger put up 31 points in 38 games and 35 points in 52 games this year. The guy is a set up stud...and potentially with Hossa, the sky is the limit.
    I see where you are coming from but its kind of a crapshoot as to how those numbers will translate to the nhl. Bolland put up some pretty decent junior numbers himself and I think for next year he may still be scoring more than kruger plus I thought bolland and hossa were playing pretty well together at the time of the injury. I kind of envisioned that line being a shutdown line like the ladd-bolland-havlat line of 2009, and I think with a full season healthy playing with hossa bolly could put up 60 points, but I am sort of a Bolland optimist myself. That being said, Kruger very well may end of having more scoring upside next year and would have no problem with your version if its for the best.

All of the GT's are edited.

I'm on the lookout for a ****-smack from gocubs2118 if the Hawks lose the next couple...
    Last edited by blams; 03-23-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Like the Blackhawks? Hockey? Sports in general? Create a free account at ProSportsDaily and join in on the conversations today. Signing up takes no time at all, and you can be on the forums posting your opinions before you know it!

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

And...the game is under way. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we need a W...

Like the Blackhawks? Hockey? Sports in general? Create a free account at ProSportsDaily and join in on the conversations today. Signing up takes no time at all, and you can be on the forums posting your opinions before you know it!

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Another much needed win tonight and I feel like you can pretty much say that the rest of the way through this season.

Frolik with quite the wrister I see.

Wow what are the **** odds on that one. The ****ing puck flips up wide open net and it goes and lands on top of the net.

Getting all the looks in the world but, just can't net one.