Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Prospects Review Thread

Shawn Lalonde
    Talent Analysis:
    Lalonde is a mobile defenseman who has the ability to jump into the rush when required. Though he displays good instincts on the ice, Lalonde needs to improve his defensive play and make better decisions at times. He also needs to improve his strength and play consistently for the entire game.
    ASSETS:
    Displays all-around potential and some scoring upside. Is also capable of playing a physical game and has strong team qualities.
    FLAWS:
    Needs to refine his play in the defensive zone in order to maxmize his NHL potential. Must also get stronger to better handle the pro game.
    CAREER POTENTIAL:
    Potential offensive defenseman.

Kyle Beach:
    Talent Analysis:
    Beach is a big physical force on the ice. He has a nose for the net, is a force on the power play, and will not shy away from dropping the gloves. Beach is as close to a total package as the WHL has to offer. A bruising power forward, Beach is plagued by perceptions of attitude problems. But Beach is capable and he will be given every opportunity to develop as a professional.
    Future:
    Beach has the potential to become a dominating power forward at the next level if he can keep his emotions in check.
    ASSETS:
    Likes to rile up opponents, and is at his best when throwing them off their game. Boasts a lot of scoring upside. Is willing to go to the front of the net in order to score goals. Can also drop the gloves. Has good hands.
    FLAWS:
    His agitating ways can at times go too far, which can hurt his team and lead to issues with teammates. Needs more work on his defensive play.
    CAREER POTENTIAL:
    Agitating scoring winger.

Marcus Kruger:
    Talent Analysis
    Krüger is an exceptionally skilled playmaker with elite hockey sense. He likes to set up plays and find his teammates with tape-to-tape passes. Has become much stronger which has improved his game, although he still could use additional strength and muscles. Works well in all three zones and has leadership qualities.
    ASSETS:
    Has an abundance of scoring upside and the ability to play both center and wing.
    FLAWS:
    Lacks both size and strength, which can hinder his chances of thriving in North America.
    CAREER POTENTIAL:
    Potential scoring forward with a lot of skill.

Dylan Olsen
    Talent Analysis:
    Had the ability to take over games from the back end for the Camrose Kodiaks this season. Skates well for a big man. He isn't punishing physical but can over power the opposition when the need arises. Skates well and has shown the ability to move the puck on the rush. Was effective on the power-play this season but in order to be effect on the man advantage at the next level he will need to continue to develop his offensive instincts. Has a hard, accurate shot from the point. Played a lot of hockey in his draft year as he saw time at the World Under 18's, World Jr. A Challenge and the AJHL All-Star Game. His WHL rights belong to the Medicine Hat and some believe Tiger's Coach Willie Desjardins will go after him hard and possibly use a spot on the Junior National team as a selling point.
    ASSETS:
    Displays a great combination of mobility and aggressiveness. Also boasts plenty of offensive upside to make an impact in the NHL.
    FLAWS:
    Is extremely raw and needs to improve his coordination in order to maximize his big-league potential. Must limit the number of bad penalties he takes.
    CAREER POTENTIAL:
    Potential all-around defenseman.

Ivan Vishnevskiy
    Talent Analysis:
    A fluid skater, Vishnevskiy has all the offensive tools to become a powerplay quarterback in the NHL. He’s undersized and only average in his own end, two things that will work against him at the professional level. However, he has the vision and skill set that enable him to be a great puck-mover. Reads plays well and has the skating ability to stay in the play defensively, but isn’t consistent enough in that regard. Needs to figure out a way to handle power forwards effectively.
    ASSETS:
    Has a wealth of offensive potential and the ability to quarterback a power play. Is also willing to play the body.
    FLAWS:
    Every element of his game lacks consistency, especially his overall play without the puck. Lacks size and strength.
    CAREER POTENTIAL:
    Potential offensive defenseman.

Igor Makarov:
    Talent Analysis:
    A good skater with a strong foot speed and acceleration...possesses an effortless stride and an above-average agility...above average balance for a smallish player...deceptive puck handling skills...can fight and maneuver his way out of tight spaces regularly...able to succeed in one-on-one situations...knows how to get into position for a scoring opportunity...possesses a fast-released wrist shot...needs to work on the hardness of the slap shot...plays with lots of energy and is effective on the back check...a tight forecheker...average defensive awareness...blocks the opposing passing lanes and spots his man quickly...can throw a decent hit even on a bigger player, but clearly lacks size and physical power...a good asset on both the powerplay and the penalty kill units...isn't a tough hitter, but doesn't play with fear...needs to work on his discipline, as he tends to lose his temper at times...a late 1987 born forward.
    ASSETS:
    Has excellent skill and offensive prowess. Can line up on either side of center. Can shoot the puck with aplomb.
    FLAWS:
    Needs to tighten up his defensive play in order to maximize his National Hockey League potential. Also needs to get stronger.
    CAREER POTENTIAL:
    Potential scoring winger.

Nick Leddy
    Talent Analysis:
    While many view Leddy as an offensive defenseman, he could potentially blossom into more of a two-way defenseman. His play is equally strong at both ends of the ice. Leddy combines superb offensive prowess with conscientious and responsible defensive zone play. He does an excellent job of taking away time and space from the opposition, and can also create it for both himself and his teammates. One attribute that makes it all possible is his outstanding skating ability. Leddy is an agile skater with good speed and smoothness in his strides. This can particularly be seen in his transitioning and rushes up the ice. This past summer, Leddy added 15 pounds to his 5'11 frame. The result has enhanced his game tremendously, especially on the physical side.
    ASSETS:
    Is a tremendous skater with outstanding mobility and acceleration. Can lead the rush and set up teammates with great vision and passing skills. Is willing to initiate contact and take a hit to make plays in the defensive zone.
    FLAWS:
    Isn't overly big and will need to add significant bulk to his 5-11 frame in order to better handle big forwards at the National Hockey League level.
    CAREER POTENTIAL:
    Mobile puck-moving defenseman with offensive upside.

vCash
    Thanks bro for putting this up! I always like to hear about how the Hawks prospects are doing since a lot of them show a ton of promise.

Shawn Lalonde - I've been wondering about Lalonde with all the talk about our Defense lacking lately but if he's struggling on D that would make sense why we haven't heard much about him. Hopefully he works that out and we get to see him at some point next year

Kyle Beach - I'm hoping that next year we see Beach with the team as he would be a great fit along side Toews and Kane to protect them and score goals too. He just needs to hold his anger but I think Captain Serious should be able to help with that

Marcus Kruger - Kruger is the prospect I'm most excited for. I think he's got a HIGH ceiling if he can adjust to the NA rules. From what I've seen and heard he just has a knack for making great passes to set up guys for goals. I can see him up in a year or two playing along with Hossa and Sharp and them scoring TONS of goals

Dylan Olsen - Another Hawks D-man that I forgot about. Haven't heard a ton about him but I'm not expecting anything outta him for a few more years so he can develop his game since we just drafted him

Ivan Vishnevskiy - COMPLETELY forgot that we got him in the Ladd/Buff trade but he's another guy that excites me. I think he could be a legit replacement for Soup (if we can ever move him)

Igor Makarov - I was a big fan of Makarov a few years ago but at this point I don't see him being anything more that a 3rd/4th line guy who can maybe get 20 goals. Wouldn't be surprised if we never actually see him in a Hawks uni and he goes back to Russia

Nick Leddy - A big reason why our Defense has done better as of late, Leddy is really starting to impress me with his game. While he does have a lot of room to grow, he's shown he can stick around in the NHL and contribute to the teams success