Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB The Show 11

vCash
    It is limited.

The only thing I can really think of is to find players with similar potential on other teams and edit them to the prospects you're making then move them to your team. Which creates an awful amount of work just to get accurate prospects.

Even if they could make the milb players and just change names. It would make the process easier and somewhat realistic.

vCash
    It's so realistic it's amazing.

vCash
    The new batting is similar to NCAA Baseball 06, I like it...MVP Baseball 2005 is still the best baseball game availble. I hope next year EA comes back out with a baseball game (i think the exclusivity rights end following this season).

vCash
    Played a quick game on 2K11 last night since I can't get The Show cause my PS3 busted. Didn't look as nice and took some getting used to playing, but I guess it's not horrible. In the next year or so I plan on getting another PS3 and MLB The Show 11 (or 12 if it's at the right time) will probably be at the top of my list. I'm just glad to be playing a new baseball game again!

Anyone play 2K11 for more than just a quick game that can offer their good/bad comments on it?

vCash
    I played a game as the cardinals last name and I got my butt kicked by Aaron Harang and the padres. It's gonna take some getting used to, but I'm just waiting for the rosters with prospects before I start a real franchise.

The gameplay is awesome though.

vCash
    I have bought this series since 2006. I was an avid MVP series fan. I miss those but overall I am happy with The Show. I do not like the new hitting/pitching and throwing analog setting. I took that off and put it back to how it was last year. I really hope they don’t eventually make it like this.

Anybody tried using that motion controller with the cam for this game?

I tried playing online last year and it was just too much lag. I was also playing my friend who lives 10 minutes away so it was not like I was playing somebody in 10 states away. I’d love to be in an online league but can’t deal with lag. Now that I think about it. I played Madden online in 2004 and 2005 and had more good games than bad in terms of lag. Not sure why they can’t get it right in 2011 with a ps3.

vCash
    I remmeber downloading a roster from somebody last year that had every minor leaguer and pro player. If anybody knows the name of that person please let me know. I'd like Jerry Sands on my team

vCash
    How do you do that, that is download a roster into the game?
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    I have MLB2K11 and I have to say that it is even better than last year. Last year many people felt that the 2K product was catching up to the The Show and I personally believe that it has now surpassed it. MLB2K11 is a great game and I am impressed by the changes that they have made. It is the superior game in my opinion.

vCash
    Not a fan of MLB2k, just depends on the person. I was happy with it. Everything sharper.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash

vCash
    It's too bad the 2K series just can't catch-up graphically, because to me it's made by people that know baseball better. You can edit/control everything. Ratings/stats are way better. Just visually, it's 2nd rate.
    Last edited by Kelly Gruber; 03-09-2011 at 03:28 PM.

vCash
    Bought it yesterday... Updated the rosters. But gameplay and everything else is super slow....Pure Analog is fun but extremely hard recommend getting the PS3 move (that controller that looks like a Microphone)...I was the Giants and the whole time Buster Posey was up he kept hitting HRS...I played 4games (9innings) and Buster Posey was 13Hits-13At-Bats with 13 HRs...this game has many glitches...PS3 is soo cheap they going to charge for unlocking Gold/Silver team while in last yr 2010 show its was free!!!

Rating: */10
    Fun: 7/10
    Difficulty:7/10
    Gameplay: 6/10
    Graphics:9/10
    Players Update: 8/10

This year show is what I expected but the Pure Analog way to play is fun not worth paying $59.99 I would what until it gets to $39.99

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PatelJ1010 View Post
    Bought it yesterday... Updated the rosters. But gameplay and everything else is super slow....Pure Analog is fun but extremely hard recommend getting the PS3 move (that controller that looks like a Microphone)...I was the Giants and the whole time Buster Posey was up he kept hitting HRS...I played 4games (9innings) and Buster Posey was 13Hits-13At-Bats with 13 HRs...this game has many glitches...PS3 is soo cheap they going to charge for unlocking Gold/Silver team while in last yr 2010 show its was free!!!

Rating: */10
    Fun: 7/10
    Difficulty:7/10
    Gameplay: 6/10
    Graphics:9/10
    Players Update: 8/10

This year show is what I expected but the Pure Analog way to play is fun not worth paying $59.99 I would what until it gets to $39.99

Maybe you were hitting so many homeruns, because only HR Derby supports Move?

And the Silver and Gold teams can't be downloaded, so I don't know why you're making that stuff up.

and btw. You can download an advanced stats addon for a dollar at the PSN Store, which shows more stats on the players card. I thought this might interest some of you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by keymax View Post
    Maybe you were hitting so many homeruns, because only HR Derby supports Move?

And the Silver and Gold teams can't be downloaded, so I don't know why you're making that stuff up.

and btw. You can download an advanced stats addon for a dollar at the PSN Store, which shows more stats on the players card. I thought this might interest some of you.
    I did this, it's worth it, I also did the extra ballparks for 4.99.

But I don't think they should be charging us for this

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast