Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB The Show 11

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Anyone bothering to play the franchise mode might care.

And the fact that Nick Punto is rated better than Colby Rasmus is pretty disgusting.
    Who says Nick Punto isn't better than Rasmus? But yeah the gameplay on MLB the Show is the best but neither 2k11 or the Show have good or even decent franchise options. It sucks.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    MLB The Show is easily the best baseball video game available and it's also the primary reason why I have a PlayStation and not an Xbox.
    New York Yankees New England Patriots New York Knicks

The Official Mariano Rivera Tracker:

38 GP, 36.0 IP, 31:6 K:BB, .247 BAA, 1.029 WHIP, 24 Saves

Chasing Hoffman's 601 Saves: *18* more to go -- 583 career saves

Last updated: 7/18/11

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi StateOfMind View Post
    anyone buying mlb 2k11 instead or have played i got 360 so cant get the show
    Im purchasing mlb 2k11 after my classes end today. I have my ps3 at home, while my xbox is with me. I have MLB 2K10, it was a big improvement over the previous games. They have some good modes and what not, but there is usually a few glitches. It is a lot easier to hit a home run in 2k10 compared to the show so. its a decent package over all. The show is a more realistic game simulator tho.

vCash
    I just bought 2k11 at Toys r Us. I know it's not as good as the Show, but I also bought the Show last night and it feels like last year's game and the online portion of the game still isn't working for me. At least 2k11 will be something different. And 2k11 has a much better franchise. I'll let you guys know how it is after I play it a little.

vCash
    please let me know about the franchise mode

vCash
    I bought it but will probably play tomorrow.

vCash
    Trades suck altogether.

First, you can only do trades between you and one other team, no three-team or more trades are possible. Also, there is no option of covering part of a player's salary in a trade. And, it's way too easy to get rid of a big terrible contract. Half the time you can dump off your overpaid, underperforming players for virtually major league ready prospects. Way too unrealistic. Almost everything about The Show's franchise mode sucks.

Also sucks that the only stats you can see from a player's past seasons are their AVG/HR/RBI's. While you're in season you can see OBP/SLG and other stuff. But once you start a new season all those stats are history.

I could go on and on.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    This game is amazing, I got raped and it was still extremely fun. After months of playing with guys who arent really on the team and with outdated skill ratings, this is such a sight for sore eyes. The animations and detail in this game are amazing. I hit a HR to centerfield into the Pirates bullpen, and not only did it show my guy who i had warming up, but the other guys in the bullpen ducked and got out of the way of the ball too. Just little things like that make the game so much better.
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoggin88 View Post
    Trades suck altogether.

First, you can only do trades between you and one other team, no three-team or more trades are possible. Also, there is no option of covering part of a player's salary in a trade. And, it's way too easy to get rid of a big terrible contract. Half the time you can dump off your overpaid, underperforming players for virtually major league ready prospects. Way too unrealistic. Almost everything about The Show's franchise mode sucks.

Also sucks that the only stats you can see from a player's past seasons are their AVG/HR/RBI's. While you're in season you can see OBP/SLG and other stuff. But once you start a new season all those stats are history.

I could go on and on.
    They don't just suck when you're trading with the AI. It sucks when they're trading between AI controlled teams. I hate that by August I can't possibly predict a lineup or rotation as several teams will have moved multiple all star caliber players all over the place.

vCash
    Just bought it, add me on PS3, same username as here if you're interesed in an online league or just a game, just lemme know your PSD name

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Anyone want to play MLB 05 The Show on PS2?

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    Well i played the 2K11 Demo on PS3 and i didnt like it at all...The Show is by far the better game...However its pretty much the exact same game as last year....kinda dissapointed...but whatever, i guess i dont have much choice...maybe one day my prayers will be answered and EA's MVP Baseball will resuscitate from the dead

speaking of nitpicking, im still sometimes frustrated about how some players who in real life have full two-handed follow through swings get the quirky one handed swing in the game...Other than that, i guess most of the batting stances are decent enough...

vCash
    in regards to prospects and such.. guys over at operation sports do up a ridiculously good roster set. It is usually up by opening day in sportsconnect section on the main menu. They do everything, faces, potential, pitching and hitting styles. It is really well done and for the most part includes spec in each teams system.

Think it's labelled Full OS minors and it will be the highest rated roster update when it's out. You can check out their forums to see how close they are to releasing it.

vCash
    Strasburg has been a beast for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killerlefty View Post
    in regards to prospects and such.. guys over at operation sports do up a ridiculously good roster set. It is usually up by opening day in sportsconnect section on the main menu. They do everything, faces, potential, pitching and hitting styles. It is really well done and for the most part includes spec in each teams system.

Think it's labelled Full OS minors and it will be the highest rated roster update when it's out. You can check out their forums to see how close they are to releasing it.
    Yeah, they do a good job, I am still currently going through making my own.

But it's just hard to understand why the game wouldn't make some sort of realistic prospects list. You can't edit potential, or how they will develop in what etc.

You are just awfully limited IMO.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast