Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB The Show 11

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    who cares about the contracts.. mlb doesnt have a salary cap
    It matters in franchise mode because your team has a payroll budget. You are the team's GM, not the owner, so you don't decide how much you are able to spend on the payroll as a whole. If you do well then ownership will start to give you more budget room. I like the challenge of taking a small market team and trying to make them successful. If all the contracts are messed up it makes it not nearly as fun.

And Jeffy, I'm with you on arbitration! It's a pile of **** as is. You'll have merely good players making like 10 million in first year arbitration. Half the time I end up just trying to clear salary of first or second year arb players.

Also, (and this is going by '09 still. I'm outdated), you can't work on extending contracts until free agency starts. Then you only have a short amount of time to work something out. And, in free agency I don't know how many times it will say the player I am after is most interested in my offer (by a decent chunk) and then they go sign with a worse team, less years, less money, to a contract they weren't as interested in. It seems like the game picks certain years for this to happen more than others and it drives me crazy.

Yet, I still play it simply because the idea of it is just fun.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    http://www.operationsports.com/forum...er-thread.html

I was looking for some custom covers and I came across this. Check it out, some are very good and there are probably over 50 there.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2012

vCash
    I'm sad they don't have the legends like ruth, robinson, and ryan even though i don't like to add them to current teams i like to play as the gold and silver era teams

vCash
    Triple Play 2000 - Best.Game.Ever

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    Will be my first baseball game since World Series Baseball 2K3!

Follow me on Twitter @MooseWithFleas

vCash
    anyone buying mlb 2k11 instead or have played i got 360 so cant get the show

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi StateOfMind View Post
    anyone buying mlb 2k11 instead or have played i got 360 so cant get the show
    Same here. My PS3 went out awhile ago so now all I have is XBox 360. Anyone try MLB 2K11 and feel like commenting about it? I've heard it's a pretty big improvement over last year.

vCash
    The franchise mode is just so frustrating, you can't rebuild a team, nothing is realistic when it comes to negotiations and player development and the arbitration system is so far out of whack.

It's just personally frustrating.

I am up for joining some leagues though.

vCash
    Nitpicking...fsfsfs

vCash
    it's frustrating for some because it's what we enjoy about baseball.

And for them to just completely ignore it is frustrating.

They did not touch the franchise mode at all, and it was awful before hand, it's bad again. And that is very frustrating.

Another example: Contract renewable players (i.e guys without enough service time to be arb eligible) get dumped into the free agent pool if you don't select contract renewable on a specific date (which they don't let you know in the off-season which date that is)

I'm sure Giants fans will be happy to see Madison Bumgarner getting dumped into free agency for no reason.

I got offered Joe Mauer for a made up 'fakey' middle reliever.

It's incredibly annoying, when they have been producing this game for so long and it's the predominant seller on the market. They could take the time to work on these functions.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 03-08-2011 at 01:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    it's frustrating for some because it's what we enjoy about baseball.

And for them to just completely ignore it is frustrating.

They did not touch the franchise mode at all, and it was awful before hand, it's bad again. And that is very frustrating.
    Are you talking about the rosters not having prospects?

I 90% sure they can't add them untill play play a game at the MLB level. You'll have to wait for someone to make a roster update. It shouldn't take long for someone to do so, give it time Jeffy.

The AI franchise stuff it annoying, I give you that.

vCash
    I'm not a spammer, http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9 MLB the show $50 shipped

Lets go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgerbluemmm24 View Post
    Are you talking about the rosters not having prospects?

I 90% sure they can't add them untill play play a game at the MLB level. You'll have to wait for someone to make a roster update. It shouldn't take long for someone to do so, give it time Jeffy.
    no, read the rest of that post (I edited and added).

I'm annoyed about the arbitration system, the contract renewables, the trade AI, their whole financial system as a whole.

The rosters are just a minor part of it.

vCash
    Well yeah thats why mauers on the cover again. Its the same game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwabSquad View Post
    I'm not a spammer, http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9 MLB the show $50 shipped
    Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    no, read the rest of that post (I edited and added).

I'm annoyed about the arbitration system, the contract renewables, the trade AI, their whole financial system as a whole.

The rosters are just a minor part of it.
    Eh, it has always been like that. I didn't expect it to change, either.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast