Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: MLB The Show 11

vCash
    Once again, Tim Wakefield is the greatest pitcher who ever lived. RA Dickey isn't far behind.

The Show really needs to ****ing fix that crap.

vCash
    I started Joba Chamberlain against the Twins just for kicks. Joba Chamberlain is a relief pitcher. I struck out 7 of the first 9 hitters I faced. I sat down having thrown 1 ball out of the zone in 3 innings. With foul balls and whatnot I ended the third inning with 24 pitches.

He struck out 1 in the 4th and kept his pitch count fairly low, 32 pitches after 4. One in the fifth and he hit the 40 pitch marker at the end of that frame. He had given up 0 hits and one batter reached on an error but was quickly erased on a double play.

with 72 pitches into the 9th inning and a no hitter still in tact, he walks the shortstop but induces a double play on Casilla. 82 pitches. I replaced A-rod with Teahan for defensive purposes, and lo and behold Butera scortches a ball to 3B. Teahan lunges, picks it up, and does a jump throw to first. Out.

The highlight itself is pretty awesome, but PSN is down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MelkyNYY View Post
    I started Joba Chamberlain against the Twins just for kicks. Joba Chamberlain is a relief pitcher. I struck out 7 of the first 9 hitters I faced. I sat down having thrown 1 ball out of the zone in 3 innings. With foul balls and whatnot I ended the third inning with 24 pitches.

He struck out 1 in the 4th and kept his pitch count fairly low, 32 pitches after 4. One in the fifth and he hit the 40 pitch marker at the end of that frame. He had given up 0 hits and one batter reached on an error but was quickly erased on a double play.

with 72 pitches into the 9th inning and a no hitter still in tact, he walks the shortstop but induces a double play on Casilla. 82 pitches. I replaced A-rod with Teahan for defensive purposes, and lo and behold Butera scortches a ball to 3B. Teahan lunges, picks it up, and does a jump throw to first. Out.

I have only thrown 2 no hitters in any baseball game

One was with Tim Lincecum maybe with 2009 the Show

and the other was against a friend so that doesnt count as much but it was somewhere around then too maybe a little earlier
    __________________________________._________

vCash

I threw a no hitter with Joba when he was a starter in the game, pretty cool you did it with him as a reliever and his low stamina

vCash

I take it you probably didnt adjust the reliever stamina slider? Every year the default for that is way too high, it needs to be lowered to no more than 2 clicks. Not saying for sure you wouldnt have gotten the no-no, but i'd say its not likely as he wouldve been gassed much sooner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CUBDOM4life View Post
    Once again, Tim Wakefield is the greatest pitcher who ever lived. RA Dickey isn't far behind.

The Show really needs to ****ing fix that crap.
    They need to make the knuckler fail every so often. Like once every 5 pitches have it just be like a floater down the middle that gets clobbered. That might be too often, maybe every like 15-20 pitches. Its ****ing impossible to hit knuckleballers and it has been as far back as I can remember in any baseball game.

Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    I have only thrown 2 no hitters in any baseball game

One was with Tim Lincecum maybe with 2009 the Show

and the other was against a friend so that doesnt count as much but it was somewhere around then too maybe a little earlier
    I've thrown 4. One was with Roger Clemens in Triple Play 99, one was with Johan Santana in MVP 05, one with David Purcey in the Show 09, and one with my road to the show pitcher Jared Battle in the Show 09.

I'm a king with David Purcey. He sucks but I could probably beat anybody using David Purcey as my starter and lose to most people using anyone else. I threw a 2 hitter online with Purcey threw 8 innings against some guy who was probably laughing the whole time that I picked David Purcey as my starter and then put in BJ Ryan for the 9th inning and ended up losing like 6-2 or something.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112