Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB The Show 11

vCash

MLB The Show 11

Released tonight:

Guess what? They didn't update the franchise mode, at all.

No contracts are correct, relievers are the best players in the game, and arbitration is still messed up.

How much money do they spend making these games?

And they can't get one person to go in there and fact check this stuff? It hasn't been touched, at all. You can tell, they only focus on the look and the feel of the gameplay, meanwhile, franchise mode is completely unrealistic.

It's so frustrating that they refuse to improve this facet in the game, am I in the minority here of caring about franchise mode being improved and accurate?

Sadly, OOTP will remain more my style.

I mean someone had to go in there and select a contract for Lance Berkman....why not take two seconds to check out what he is getting paid and make it slightly more correct? He's making 8, not 2.7, and Nick Punto isn't making over 2 million either, in fact, not a single Cardinals contract (or any team that I saw for that matter) was correct.

Also, still a ton of made up players, and no prospects (Bryce Harper).

I know people will make their own rosters, myself included, but you still can't edit the contracts and the arbitration system is ran terribly, almost to the point where it eliminates the fun in playing long term.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 03-07-2011 at 11:51 PM.

vCash
    Uh, you can't have anyone who hasn't played a game in the MLB in the game legally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwarne52 View Post
    Uh, you can't have anyone who hasn't played a game in the MLB in the game legally.
    Yup, was just going to say that, they're not in the Union yet.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    They'll probably have an update released in the near future.

vCash
    They send out an update after the game comes out. Or on opening day, not sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwarne52 View Post
    what?

OOTP and Mogul both do without any issues it seems.

And they aren't a part of the MLBPA, so how is it exactly illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgerbluemmm24 View Post
    They send out an update after the game comes out. Or on opening day, not sure.
    That still doesn't fix the issues with contracts and arbitration, something you can't edit/fix

vCash
    There is a legal issue with correct contracts - Also there is a guy that makes every minor leaguer, to their batting stance, face, exact pitches if he is a pitcher, everything just Google it.

This game is hands down the best sports game on the market..the developers put madden to shame.
    Last edited by TheGiantYankee; 03-08-2011 at 12:37 AM.

vCash
    You have to download the new roster from the online portion of the game. I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGiantYankee View Post
    You really don't know what your talking about..

There is a legal issue with correct contracts - Also there is a guy that makes every minor leaguer, to their batting stance, face, everything just Google it.

This game is hands down the best sports game on the market..the developers but madden to shame.
    If there are legal issues, then why/how do Mogul and OOTP do it? How is it illegal to simply make a contract figure for the game, it doesn't have to exactly represent millions of dollars and years. I mean they still input dollars and years for players, they are just incorrect...and there is no way for you to edit them.

As well, the whole arbitration system, it's a joke in the game. Giants fans, are you happy to lose Madison Bumgarner after 2011?

vCash
    RTTS much improved though

vCash
    I agree that since A-rod is making $30M this season they could of simply made him make $28M instead of say $16M (which I am guessing is his salary)

Rules are rules, I don't know how Mogul & OOTP get around it..maybe they just break it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGiantYankee View Post
    I agree that since A-rod is making $30M this season they could of simply made him make $28M instead of say $16M (which I am guessing is his salary)

Rules are rules, I don't know how Mogul & OOTP get around it..maybe they just break it.
    13.3 for 7 years

Mogul and OOTP are quite large sellers, I would be surprised they could just break the rule and it go unnoticed and unpunished after 10 years.

vCash
    East Coast bastards, I have to wait another hour and 15 til it comes out
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    I don't have a clue as to why the other games can get away with it, but the MLB, and thus any game they would license, doesn't have the rights to the names of the players until said players have their first at bat or have recorded at least a third of an out in the Majors. Someone should go find out why the other games don't have the same issues.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Could have something to do with it being text based rather than full on interactive.

Or perhaps it's their likenesses that are trademarked.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast