Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Pats are still the front-runners for John Abraham

By the way.. I was told today "New England is likely to land John Abraham" they hope to finish a deal in next couple weeks
    Source:Mike Lokyo
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Knowing Bill, it will be for a fair or team-friendly deal. If Abraham gets greedy, he can go pound sand. I'd rather give our other guys the PT and a chance to shine than to overpay for him.

vCash
    if abraham is added with armstrong, kelly, drafting collins. our olb/de are looking very good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Knowing Bill, it will be for a fair or team-friendly deal. If Abraham gets greedy, he can go pound sand. I'd rather give our other guys the PT and a chance to shine than to overpay for him.
    We need a big experienced end. We'll pay him good money, I guessed 1.75M 4-5 weeks ago. It's fair. At least half guaranteed.

We need to sign a vet WR as well. Maybe two.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    We didn't lose any of our pass rushers from last year and we've added (so far) Tommy Kelly, Armon Armstead, Jamie Collins and now potentially Abraham still. Plus you have to figure that Chandler Jones is a likely candidate to improve next season which is another upgrade in a sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    We didn't lose any of our pass rushers from last year and we've added (so far) Tommy Kelly, Armon Armstead, Jamie Collins and now potentially Abraham still. Plus you have to figure that Chandler Jones is a likely candidate to improve next season which is another upgrade in a sense.
    Dont forget the kid from illinois

vCash
    I doubt we sign Abe; he's not a fit in our 3-4 defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by se247042 View Post
    I doubt we sign Abe; he's not a fit in our 3-4 defense
    I'm wondering about this.
    Its only been speculation really, that we're moving back to a 3-4. Hope we do though.

vCash
    Abraham was seen as a OLB in a 3-4 when he came into the pros, but made his bones as a RDE in a 4-3. It's not clear what BB will run for a D next year, but Abraham being decent against the run means he could be more than a passing down sub package guy. It could also be that we play both 3-4 and 4-3, as we have before.

The problem with going to the 3-4 is that while we have the NT, and LB's, I'm not at all happy with the DE situation, and Abraham is too small to play DE in a 3-4. We'd end up playing 4-3 DT types as DE's (which has been done), but it might not be near ideal.

OTOH we seem loaded at LB, too many riches to stay in a 4-3 all year long, unless you want to keep putting an LDE on the field that keeps getting run over because he's really an OLB in 3-4, not a LDE in a 4-3.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 04-28-2013 at 08:28 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I can almost guarantee we'll see both 4-3 and 3-4, like we have for the past few seasons...

vCash
    Is abraham can still produce we will find a spot for him

vCash
    I just don't see it anymore. I think this is a bogus report to try and drum up interest from other teams. I expect us to go into next season with Jones, Collins, Ninkovich, Francis and Cunningham as our edge players. They'll try to sneak Jake Bequette and Michael Buchanaon onto the practice squad.

What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    I can almost guarantee we'll see both 4-3 and 3-4, like we have for the past few seasons...
    x2 BB loves the hybrid front 7s

vCash
    https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/329972706357424128

Ian RapoportVerified account
    ‏@RapSheet
    Veteran pass-rusher John Abraham will visit the #Titans today and tomorrow, I'm told. Interesting...
    I just don't see it anymore.

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Abraham was seen as a OLB in a 3-4 when he came into the pros, but made his bones as a RDE in a 4-3. It's not clear what BB will run for a D next year, but Abraham being decent against the run means he could be more than a passing down sub package guy. It could also be that we play both 3-4 and 4-3, as we have before.

The problem with going to the 3-4 is that while we have the NT, and LB's, I'm not at all happy with the DE situation, and Abraham is too small to play DE in a 3-4. We'd end up playing 4-3 DT types as DE's (which has been done), but it might not be near ideal.

OTOH we seem loaded at LB, too many riches to stay in a 4-3 all year long, unless you want to keep putting an LDE on the field that keeps getting run over because he's really an OLB in 3-4, not a LDE in a 4-3.
    I extremely doubt we'd do this, but we could run a variation of the Seahawks LEO defense.

Run Down:
    Play Deaderick at the 5 tech LDE (jumbo end), and then Vince and TK inside. Play Chandler Jones as a Leo RDE, and have Donta, Spikes, and Mayo at LB. Talib-A.Wilson-McCourty-Dennard at DB

Passing Down:
    Play Jamie Collins at Leo LDE, with Vince and TK at DT. Chandler puts his hand down and moves in to 5 tech RDE.
    Play Jerod Mayo inside, with Adrian at SLB, Tavon at WLB (both Wilson's as cover LB). Put Harmon/Gregory/Ryan at S next to DMC.

The run downs is more of a 3-4 front, as you can move Jones back, and slide the line to create the classic 3-4 front.

The passing down is more of a nickel defense in a 4-3, with Collins and Jones as DEs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast