Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: offseason!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    i like him, I would love him around here, but I think he will be a little expensive, he is young, quickly, versatile and good defender

Yeah, but you always have to be a lot lucky to do something like that, and the thunder (seattle) had two top 5 draft, that helps too, but look at the lasts drafts, thabeet and the phila's guy evans I think, both second picks, milicic, I hate the draft because this, you never know what the guy will do
    with yao not coming back ( at least to a large contract ) i think we should sign him but for no more than 6-8 mil a season, i think he could be a potential all star one day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TMAC94 View Post
    with yao not coming back ( at least to a large contract ) i think we should sign him but for no more than 6-8 mil a season, i think he could be a potential all star one day
    What contract would you give to Yao right now?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    What contract would you give to Yao right now?
    I would give an one year mid level exception, thinking in this CBA, but i don't know, if I would risk that much, but thinking in other way, he is the best center in this FA, he is all we need right now, If we could be sure that he would be healthy for the next season...
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crzycjunx76 View Post
    That is a very good idea, he moves to the top of my list as a replacement SF.

Wilson Chandler
    Andrei Kirilenko
    Tayshaun Prince

The problem becomes what do we do at center, the cap is GOING to shrink and it will likely be a hard cap so we might even have difficulties signing one of those guys, let alone getting a center as well. There is no one in the draft at C who I think could step in and start right away. I have been looking at trade possibilities, Andrew Bogut and Chris Kaman top my list at this point as potentially acquirable targets. I don't know what it would take to get Bogut but Kaman may come cheap(ish) since the Clips have basically let it be known they are going to match any offers to DeAndre Jordan. Of course there is still the chance that Morey is looking to re up Yao on the cheap for one season.
    man I would love bogut and kaman, bogut can be a little hard to get, we would have to give a lot for him, but kaman, if LA re sign Jordan, they would hear any offers for him, they need a SF, and we have two young and good for their game

vCash
    Has Thabeet done anything to show that he may still be able to be starting center(a good one) in the league?
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    Has Thabeet done anything to show that he may still be able to be starting center(a good one) in the league?
    Not anything that he has done, I still think he could become one but he is so far away from it at this point unless he starts developing much more rapidly I doubt he gets there before his current contract expires...

vCash
    he needs to work very hard

vCash
    i would give thabeet into his 5th season. and then by then if he isnt getting better,then i would give up on him. chuck hayes is doing alot better and this is his 5th or 6th season. if thabeet could train like chuck he could be a great defensive presence!

vCash
    if hayes could have the height of Thabeet...or just be a 7-footer... he would be the best center in the league, by far...
    I don't know, i would give this offseason for him to get better, if he doesn't it is because he is in the wrong job, maybe volleyball, don't forget that he is earning 5mi/season, we have two team options on here, I think if we could get a center in FA like chandler or gasol, morey would not even accept the team option, he would save this 5 million

vCash
    chuck hayes would be top 10,not the best. he is not athleic at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koetravis View Post
    Ok if athleticism is a combination of strength and quickness how the hell is Hayes not Athletic. He is quick enough to guard the 3 in many instances but he is strong enough to keep most 5's from backing him down. That is impressive athleticism, he cant jump out the gym or make circus dunks but that does not make a good BB player, in fact those guys usually end up being deficient players because they rely to much on flash without substance. The only substance I see Hayes missing is the ability to hit a *#&$ jump shot, and about 6-8 inches of height.

I will say he lacks extreme coordination with the ball in his hands but so do a lot of guys at the 5. If he had the height I wold put him along side a guy like Tyson Chandler probably even ahead of him...
    Last edited by Crzycjunx76; 03-27-2011 at 04:54 PM.

vCash
    oviously I was joking, but he would be top 10 with 6''10', with 7'' or more he would be top 3, he is not athletic but he has the stronger body in the NBA, I think just Howard and maybe Horford would be better than Hayes 2.0 giant version

vCash
    but also the reason he is so strong and almost impossible to move is cause he is alot shorter. make him taller and you have a totally different kind of hayes.

vCash
    but also the reason he is so strong and almost impossible to move is cause he is alot shorter. make him taller and you have a totally different kind of hayes.
    Unless his frame as a whole grew with his height... are we hypothetically stretching him taller or enlarging him completely? LOL

Anyway I would still say Tyson Chandler is what a taller Hayes would equate to. A bigger Hayes... 1994 Shaq. Either way unless someone has invented a science fictiony ray gun to accomplish this it is all just hypothetical. I look forward to a day when we have a Center who can swat shots as well as rebound and not be a complete offensive liability... so that Hayes can defend the 4/3 more often, he is still undersized there but it is more manageable.

vCash
    yeah he would look exactly like shaq, without hitting any shot, but strong like a Nose Tackle

Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast