Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: offseason!

vCash
    hey guys. pistons fan here.

what would it take to get T. Williams and Thabeet??

vCash
    Cryzcjunx, I agree with most everything you said, but I think that before Morey settles for a Varejao or a Brendan Haywood (both great defensive players, but a little older), I think he needs to do his due diligence on Marc Gasol, DeAndre Jordan, Tyson Chandler and Nene Hilario. No, I don't think it's likely at all that the Rockets sign any of those guys, but they might be better long term solutions and I like what they bring to the table, offensively.

If a deal for Biedrins isn't possible, there are a few backup centers around the league that I wouldn't mind Houston looking at... mainly Asik, Lopez and Mozgov, who are all still really young. Also, I believe Fesenko is a free agent and I know the Rockets have shown interest in him in the past.

If Houston does deal with Biedrins, any combination of Flynn, Hill, Thabeet and/or Williams would be perfectly fine with me. I don't think he fits in well with what they do as a team, and I think they'd be happy to get rid of his contract.

I agree SF is an issue, but Morey likely doesn't see it that way. My concern with a sign and trade With Budinger for Thad, is that he's got no range on his jumper and I'm not sure Morris will be a great long range shooter at this level.

At PF, hopefully Hill will be gone before the start of the season, and I agree that it looks less likely that they will resign Chuck Hayes. I hope they're still trying to move Scola, but there doesn't appear to be a huge need for PF among the contenders in the league. I still think he makes a lot of sense in Orlando, if the Magic could find a a third team to acquire assets the Rockets covet.

Part of me doesn't want to see Motiejunas in the D-league or in Europe next season, though. If they feel so confident to trade up to get him at No. 20, I'd kind of like to see what kind of player he is and how well his game translates to the NBA. If the Rockets move some players around, there could be space for him splitting time at the 4/5. If not, then if they move Scola mid-season, maybe that would free up some PT for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE WALL View Post
    hey guys. pistons fan here.

what would it take to get T. Williams and Thabeet??
    A friendly hand shake and a six pack of Bud Light...

In all seriousness, though, I'm not sure there are a lot of prospects on Detroit's roster that make a lot of sense for Houston. But, I think I'd be interested in a sign and trade for Tayshaun Prince if I'm Daryl Morey...

vCash
    Yep, Prince
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    there could be space for him splitting time at the 4/5.
    I agree with most everything you said except this, Motajunas should never play the 5. I also think it is going to take a lot of work to get him acclimated to the NBA game, he still needs to add some strength to play PF effectively, and perhaps most interestingly he is going to have to learn how to play when he is not the focal point of the offense... the first option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    A friendly hand shake and a six pack of Bud Light...

In all seriousness, though, I'm not sure there are a lot of prospects on Detroit's roster that make a lot of sense for Houston. But, I think I'd be interested in a sign and trade for Tayshaun Prince if I'm Daryl Morey...
    lol

somehow I love T-Will (no homo). Would nice to see him on the Pistons roster..his overall game is just great! I think on the right team he could be a poor man's LBJ. I don't want to see Prince in Detroit anymore...you can have him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE WALL View Post
    lol

somehow I love T-Will (no homo). Would nice to see him on the Pistons roster..his overall game is just great! I think on the right team he could be a poor man's LBJ. I don't want to see Prince in Detroit anymore...you can have him
    do you think the Pistons' GM thinks that way too?
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    NYK: Courtney Lee/2nd rd/filler

HOU: TD/Turiaf/Maybe Walker
    Last edited by SluggeR; 06-26-2011 at 06:21 PM.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    NYK: Courtney Lee/2nd rd/filler

HOU: TD/Turiaf/Maybe Walker
    Zero interest in Turiaf or Douglas... less than zero actually I would consider both players we would be trying to get rid of if they were on the roster.

Lee on the other hand may be the least tradable player on the team not named Martin or Lowry. He could step in and start at the 2 if we needed him to and he can provide quality minutes at SF and the point as well.... I would just go ahead and call him the 6th man if we really had any such designation.
    Last edited by Crzycjunx76; 06-26-2011 at 06:54 PM.

vCash
    Not trying to troll, but would you be interested in dealing with cleveland? Varejao for tpe and knicks pick?

vCash
    If we cannot find a shot blocking rebounding center in free agency I would be willing to do the Battier Trade exception head up for Varejao with you... but that is about it. His contract is not exceptionally friendly and I truly view him as more of a primary backup at the 5 and the 4 who brings physicality to the second unit. He filled in admirably at the 5 and could be a decent stopgap option with his length and toughness... but he is still not "the" answer at the 5. He would actually make an exceptional compliment to Motajunas IMO if they were both in the second unit.

Bottom line, we would be taking on a big contract for you... and only as a last option after striking out on some other options.

vCash
    we should try to trade Luis schola an give Patrick Patterson a chance to start... trade Luis scola thabeet an or hill for a quality center... or go hard for Jordan or gasol an use Luis scola in a trade for a 3 iguodala would help or even beasley

vCash
    I'd consider varejao for tpe and Minnesota's second round pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by meandujo1 View Post
    we should try to trade Luis schola an give Patrick Patterson a chance to start... trade Luis scola thabeet an or hill for a quality center... or go hard for Jordan or gasol an use Luis scola in a trade for a 3 iguodala would help or even beasley
    The problem is every team I can find with a quality 5 that they might be willing to trade has absolutely zero need for Scola... and though there are a couple teams out there with good 3's that might need Scola (Denver?) Philadelphia certainly has no desire to pick up another 30+ year old PF.

No if we move Scola for immediate help at the 3 or 5 it would likely have to be a three or four team trade. Sacramento could use a veteran and a 4 now that they are likely moving Cousins to the 5, Denver is likely losing Martin so they could be in the market, Orlando would probably love to have him but they have nothing worth trading for, New Jersey would be another place that could really use him but they are not going to part with Williams or Lopez so they dont have much we could use or use in a trade, New Orleans will be looking for help if West does not re-sign but they aren't giving up Paul and are otherwise devoid of talent ... the list goes on, there really is not a huge market for Scola at the moment and I suspect we will hold onto him till the deadline with the hopes that some contender team has a need at the 4 and is willing to pay handsomely for him.
    Last edited by Crzycjunx76; 06-27-2011 at 09:19 PM.

vCash
    How much do you think it would take to pry Emeka Okafor away from New Orleans? His contract is not all that nice but he is 28 blocks shots, plays physical D, and rebounds. They are likely to lose West to free agency and will want to bring in another player to try and keep Chris Paul happy... so Scola may actually be a fit with them. They also need another player who can knock down shots from outside preferably one that plays the 3... their Ariza experiment blew up in their face and they know it.

Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast