Thread: offseason!

vCash
    I rather hayes
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    hayes would be at the 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crzycjunx76 View Post
    It has got to be driving every GM in the league who knows they need to make big moves this off-season crazy right now. We know what the owners WANT we know pretty much that the players would like to keep things as they are... and we know that neither shows any inkling of being willing to budge from their current stance. I have the feeling that the NBA labor dispute is going to make the NFL's (non)negotiations look like a friendly meeting of the local book club over tea and scones.
    I know man

After the draft its going to be very lame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koetravis View Post
    hayes would be at the 4.
    if we can't get a C, between hawes and hayes at center, i rather hayes

vCash
    why?

vCash
    I would think that you guys had the inside scoop on getting Deandre Jordan. There was an article where he said growing up, that he always wanted to be a rocket.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koetravis View Post
    why?
    common, hawes and scola together? no defense hawes and hayes together? no offense, forgert hawes

Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    I would think that you guys had the inside scoop on getting Deandre Jordan. There was an article where he said growing up, that he always wanted to be a rocket.
    it would be amazing, the problem is that he is restricted and choice isn't his, if the clips match all offers we won't have the money to sign him, but maybe sign and trade, i would love him, he has no offensive skills, but he is a monster on D, he blocks and he isvery strong, with a scorer PF like scola he would fix perfectly

vCash
    Jordan has some offensive skills(finishing around the rim and put backs), but he is not a monster on D. He's super athletic and blocks a lot of shots, but also fouls a ton and is not disiplined at all. Not saying I don't want him, but he's not the fix all player we need.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crzycjunx76 View Post
    If the new CBA puts a hard cap on teams then neither of us will be able to afford Tyson... if there is no hard cap then Cuban is not going to let him walk for any amount.
    Why is that? The Rockets should be around 49 million if they pick up the options on Bud and Dragic. Obviously none of us know where the hard cap will be, but I imagine it would be somewhere near the low/mid 60's (it was 58 this season with the luxury tax starting at 70.3 - so I figure split the diff). That being the case, we could spend somewhere around 10 to 15 million on a free agent. Dallas on the other hand is at 61 million already for next season with Chandler, Barea, Stevenson and Butler off the books. They will need to resign Barea or back fill their PG position, since Kidd will be the only PG on the team at that point. They can play Terry there, but then they'll only have two SG's on the team, Beaubois and the rookie Jones, since Butler and Stevenson are gone. They've still got Marion and Brewer at the 3, only Dirk at the 4 and Haywood/Mahinmi signed for next season at center. They have to pick up 1's and 4's before they can worry about a 3rd center, IMO. Not to mention they won't have any cash to sign him anyway, if there is a hard cap.

Teams that are in better cap shape that us next season are Denver (Nene/Andersen), Indy (Hibbert), LAC (Kaman), Bucks (Bogut), Twolves (Darko/Randolph), NJ (Lopez), NY (Stoudamire), Sac (*nobody*), Tor (Bargs?) and Was (Blache/McGee). Of those teams Sac and Tor have little or no money tied up at the 5 and a need at the center position. I think as a FA, Houston would be a more attractive destination than those two.
    "Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless." - Kenny Powers

vCash
    ^ They are talking about lowering the cap though. Not raising it.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    If the owners want a hard cap, there is no way they can lower the cap. The elite teams in the league are all just about over the cap or right there at it, do anybody actually think stern is gonna do something to hurt his cash-cow franchises?
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    There is no way there will be a hard cap, nor should there be
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Jordan has some offensive skills(finishing around the rim and put backs), but he is not a monster on D. He's super athletic and blocks a lot of shots, but also fouls a ton and is not disiplined at all. Not saying I don't want him, but he's not the fix all player we need.
    I think he is, he is a taller hayes with a great block shot ability, I think he would fix pretty amzing here with scola at PF and ayeas and patterson comming off the bench, I would sign him in a heartbeat, the problems is his discipline and his price

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    If the owners want a hard cap, there is no way they can lower the cap. The elite teams in the league are all just about over the cap or right there at it, do anybody actually think stern is gonna do something to hurt his cash-cow franchises?
    I know there has been talk of grandfathering in the old contracts as a percentage of the new cap... I also know a lot of the motivation behind wanting a hard cap has to do with a large segment of the owners wanting to do away with any sort of revenue sharing (luxury tax). Which is coincidentally part of the motivation behind the NFL labor talks, a group of owners has basically said revenue sharing needs to stop or be significantly reduced.

vCash
    If we're looking for a cheap Center.. Sign Eddy Curry, we could sign him for $1-2M..

Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast