Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: offseason!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA-GMaster View Post
    How about Larry Brown?
    He was recently fired this season IIRC, and has a reputation ever since the Pacers of turning teams into a big steaming pile of Brown

We can already play D.... problem is the Princeton offense really requires a powerful presence in the paint... which we're sort of lacking in. Hayes is a little big-man compared to guys like Howard, Jordan, Boozer, etc. Not saying he's not capable, people have a hell of time with him, but most of the time can shoot over him if he doesn't give up position.

vCash
    Mike Woodson, I wish we could back in the time and tryed everything for thibodeau
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    why not bring van gundy back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koetravis View Post
    why not bring van gundy back?
    Worst... idea.... ever.

His style is probably as boring as watching golf on tv, and not effective whatsoever. This team's built around the Princeton offense.... which is a polar opposite of Van Gundy's defense-heavy style. Having him back here would necessitate gutting the entire team and starting over. It's best to bring in a coach that could either adopt the current offense style, or a flex or triangle offense (the triangle is the far-fetched option). This way the transition to a post-Adelman playbook wouldn't be too much of a shock to the team.

This team needs a few tweaks, not an across-the-board change. I honestly think the only piece we're missing is a dominating center working the paint and boards. Hayes is fantastic, but just not enough for what this team needs. I can see him playing a secondary role again, or moved over to the SF to be put to more use if someone huge like a JJ Hickson or a Dwight Howard were somehow enticed this way.

vCash
    but since there are no good centers that would make us that much better,shouldnt we just try a new style anyways?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koetravis View Post
    but since there are no good centers that would make us that much better,shouldnt we just try a new style anyways?
    In a way yes. The thing is, you don't want to re-program your top scorers just to work a completely new style of offense. Martin and Lowry would basically go into scoring shock which would be far more damaging. The idea here is to 'tweak' the offense slightly.

Check out how the Flex-Offense works and you'll see what I mean. It's tactically similar to the Princeton offense, so the transition is very light. The training regimen and plays designed for it are very similar to what we have now, and actually works in our favor with the way there's no real designed role for any position. The way Miller and Bud can shoot the 3 as front men, and Lowry, Martin and Patterson can work the boards and paint or drive to the hole, it just makes sense since they're already role swapping on the floor.

There's a few epic free agents this summer so a big-named, or big-presence center could find their way here.

vCash
    I would like JVG, he isn't a great coach but he would be OK in Houston, IMO

vCash
    i was just kidding about jvg,idk who we should get. just get rid of rick.

vCash
    Why were you kidding about van gundy?

vCash
    JVG is the same as Rick. If either of them coach next year, they will want a team with a star player on it. We need a coach that knows/prefers to work with young talent.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I would be fine with Jeff, don't know if he would be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    JVG is the same as Rick. If either of them coach next year, they will want a team with a star player on it. We need a coach that knows/prefers to work with young talent.
    every coach wants a star on their team, every coach wants to win and without a star, that isn't possible

the only coach the rockets will be getting is a first time coach, there is no reason for an established coach to come here

and young talent and young are 2 different concepts, the rockets are young, but none of their young players are going to develop into stars

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    I would be fine with Jeff, don't know if he would be
    Jeff would be awful for this sort of team, he cannot run an offensive scheme to save his life, that is why it never worked out with him before

he also does not like young player and prefers system guys, that is why his Rockets teams were filled with scrubs like Ryan Bowen, David Wesley, Rafer Alston, etc

Rockets management was stuck with bringing in his type of guys who were hard workers but lacked talent
    Last edited by rhino17; 04-10-2011 at 09:50 PM.
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post

Jeff would be awful for this sort of team, he cannot run an offensive scheme to save his life, that is why it never worked out with him before

he also does not like young player and prefers system guys, that is why his Rockets teams were filled with scrubs like Ryan Bowen, David Wesley, Rafer Alston, etc

Rockets management was stuck with bringing in his type of guys who were hard workers but lacked talent
    good times...

vCash
    JVG would be interesting because he'd be working with a completely different team in the same city. My biggest concern is starting center, Chuck has done a great job being undersized, but just imagine what he could do if he played guys closer to his height at the PF. Would you move Scola for a draft pick or center and resign Chuck to play the PF. Lowry/Martin/Bud/Hayes/Center??

vCash
    with hayes at PF we could sign a player like nene or another offensive center, it could give us more options

Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast