Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: offseason!

vCash
    Llull today against Australia, 8 points and 6 rebounds on 2-10 from the field (2-7 from three) in 27 minutes
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    HOUSTON - Beginning this fall, Toyota Center will redefine the in-arena fan viewing experience when it unveils a state-of-the-art video scoreboard which will set a new standard for indoor arenas. The new video board will be the largest indoor center-hung scoreboard in the United States, offering patrons an unprecedented view of the action at Houston Rockets home games and Toyota Center events such as the upcoming 2013 NBA All-Star Game. The new board is the centerpiece of a sweeping arena-wide improvement project that was announced today and also includes the installation of new HD flat panel screens throughout the concourses, upgraded Wi-Fi connectivity options, new concessions point-of-sale systems and other upgrades for Toyota Center patrons. The board will debut at the Rockets Nov. 3rd regular season home opener against the Portland Trailblazers.

“This is an exciting day for Toyota Center and the more than 1.3 million patrons who attend events here each year,” said Houston Rockets and Clutch City Sports & Entertainment Chief Executive Officer Tad Brown. “Mr. Alexander has always challenged us to find innovative ways of improving the fan experience, and this new scoreboard is quite simply going to be the best-in-class among indoor arenas in the country. Our fans in all locations will have the opportunity to experience Rockets games, and other events, like never before. Our new Wi-Fi data network will allow fans to stay connected and the upgraded concessions network will make ordering of food and beverage items faster and more efficient. These improvements, along with many others, will provide Toyota Center patrons with an unmatched in-arena experience for many years to come.”

The new scoreboard will be manufactured and installed by Panasonic and will feature the largest combined viewing area of any indoor center-hung scoreboard currently used in the U.S. The scoreboard will contain four large screens—two rectangular-shaped displays that will face the east and west seating areas and a pair of square-shaped screens that will face the north and south ends of the bowl. The larger boards will measure approximately 25’ high by 58’ wide. The two end panels will measure approximately 25’ high by 25’ wide. All the boards will display a full HD signal with 1080 lines of resolution. Plans also include the installation of ancillary boards in each of the four corners of the upper concourse that will be used to display additional statistics during Rockets games and other sporting events.

The new center-hung board will offer fans in all areas of Toyota Center an unmatched view of the action. The new board will provide a video image that is more than 600 percent larger than the previous scoreboard that had been used since the building’s debut in 2003. Additionally, the new board will be capable of handling limitless configurations for displaying live action, game statistical information and animations. While the previous scoreboard used a standard definition signal, the new board required a complete re-build of the arena’s scoreboard production studio facilities in order to produce the new HD content that will be used.

Other parts of the project include the installation of more than 300 all-new HD flat screen televisions in the lower and upper concourses, suites, as well as the Lexus Lounge and Woodforest Lounge. Patrons with smart phones will also have greater access to a high-speed data network, increasing their ability to stay connected while at events. Fans will also benefit from a new point-of-sale system that will make ordering concessions items faster and more efficient, new carpeting throughout the building, and new concessions menu offerings.
    Didn't know where to put this, but that's cool.

Here's the link http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/start-something-big
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash

vCash
    its about time les spent money in there. they needed to do something with that place because to be honest it was kind of a boring arena, just very low energy. they need more lighting in the upper bowl area and more bright white paint around the place to get more energy in the building. the changes will certainly attract more people. im excited.

i also love the signing of machado to be lins backup. really gonna be an interesting season

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IDunknown View Post
    How many Laker and Knicks picks we get?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c.c. View Post
    How many Laker and Knicks picks we get?
    I don't know, but you just proved my point.I posted this in the Knicks forum and was told Houston wouldn't even consider this.Patrick can start, and Blake is a good backup.If you want Dwight you need some three point shooters around him (I know you do have some).The strength of Lin's game is having the ball, but that is Harden's strength also. It is a trade to think on.

vCash
    I don't know, but you just proved my point.I posted this in the Knicks forum and was told Houston wouldn't even consider this. Patrick can start, and Blake is a good backup.If you want Dwight you need some three point shooters around him (I know you do have some).The strength of Lin's game is having the ball, but that is Harden's strength also. It is a trade to think on.
    Only if we making room for Chris Paul, otherwise its an horrible trade for us

vCash
    Only if we making room for Chris Paul, otherwise its an horrible trade for us
    I thought you're trying to get Dwight. You have room for both of them?... My fault, I think you're saying that trade might help you get both.
    Last edited by IDunknown; 06-11-2013 at 12:50 AM.

vCash
    I thought you're trying to get Dwight. You have room for both of them?... My fault, I think you're saying that trade might help you get both.
    We have room for Howard but if we want both, we most likely gonna have to get rid of Lin and Asik contracts. Lin won't be so easy to get rid of so therefore I wouldn't mind taking that bad trade you offered.

vCash
    I don't know, but you just proved my point.I posted this in the Knicks forum and was told Houston wouldn't even consider this.Patrick can start, and Blake is a good backup.If you want Dwight you need some three point shooters around him (I know you do have some).The strength of Lin's game is having the ball, but that is Harden's strength also. It is a trade to think on.
    The Rockets made almost as many 3s as the Knicks this year and both team shattered the previous NBA record for 3s made by a considerable margin, I think it's safe to say that the Rockets have shooters. Jeremy Lin shot almost 40% from 3 in the last 3 month anyway.

Beverly brings more defense than Lin, though it would be debatable how much more if he plays 30+ instead of 20ish, there are very few energy guys like that who can go all out for 30+ . they usually either start to suck badly offensively (ala Tony Allen) or simply can't bring the same level of defense for that long. I know Lin was awful in the playoffs, but Beverly's lines in the playoffs if he replicate that in the a full season would be among the worst PG in the league as well. unless he brings top notch defense all year long.

Offensively, Beverly has all of Lin's problems (turnover prone, reluctant to shoot or attack at times etc.) and fewer strengths. (hasn't really shown true PG play making ability, can't really get to and finish around the rim in half court sets.)

I can see the argument for Beverley base on money, but that would mean you have to really turn that money to something of better use. cause your losing a very valuable backup and would likely downgrade the PG position offensively while hoping that he makes up for it on the other end.

If of course you could somehow turn Asik Lin into Chris Paul you'd do it, but I see that as a rather unlikely possibility to say the least.

Lin and Harden started to show more off ball abilities as the year went on, Harden in transition especially became quite good off the ball, the half court sets remains rather problematic though, my general impression is that with a real training camp and some actual plays planned out it'll work much better next year . If Lin shoots like he did in the later half of the season then he's just fine, you'd obviously take a top 5 guy over him any day, but that's true for any non top 5 PG (duh)

vCash
    We're a exactly 1 month away from when the bombshells would probably start to hit in the FA market (7/10 is the date to keep in mind, its the day next year's salary cap would be finalized and official offers can be made.)

vCash
    I don't think there is a scenario I would ever take that trade, regardless of how many picks we get. Steve Novak and Steve Blake? I still can't figure out why they get playing time and on top of that we have to deal with Steve Novak's $4m + contract all the way though the 15-16 season? I feel like we could get those players for just Robinson. In terms of cap space, there's probably a million better trades out there to get us more room. Plus, I'd rather just sign Dwight and keep Lin, a good bench and either keep Asik or get a starting caliber 4 in a trade for him instead of signing CP3. And that's coming from someone who's favorite player is CP3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg. View Post
    I don't think there is a scenario I would ever take that trade, regardless of how many picks we get. Steve Novak and Steve Blake? I still can't figure out why they get playing time and on top of that we have to deal with Steve Novak's $4m + contract all the way though the 15-16 season? I feel like we could get those players for just Robinson. In terms of cap space, there's probably a million better trades out there to get us more room. Plus, I'd rather just sign Dwight and keep Lin, a good bench and either keep Asik or get a starting caliber 4 in a trade for him instead of signing CP3. And that's coming from someone who's favorite player is CP3
    The NBA is competitive so if teams seen Howard and Paul coming here they gonna offer us crappy trades or none at all so we cant pull it off. Asik is a solid player and there's a lot teams that could use a good big man with his defensive presence. Now Lin on the other hand, I seriously doubt it. For starters name a team that needs him or a team that has a PG that is worst than him. If they are worst than him, I'm almost positive its not that much of a gap skills wise but a huge gap contract wise.

76ers - Jrue Holiday
    Bobcats - Kemba Walker
    Bucks - Brandon Jennings, Monta Ellis
    Bulls - Rose, Nate Robinson
    Cavaliers- Kyrie Irving
    Celtics- Rondo
    Clippers - Paul, Billups, Bledsoe
    Grizzlies- Conley, Bayless
    Hawks - Harris, Teague, Williams
    Heat - Chalmers, Cole
    Hornets - Vasquez
    Jazz - Mo Williams
    Kings - Thomas, Fredette
    Knicks - Felton
    Lakers - Nash
    Magic- Nelson
    Mavericks - Collison
    Nets - Williams
    Nuggets- Lawson
    Pacers - Hill
    Pistons- Knight, Calderon
    Raptors- Lowry
    Spurs - Parker
    Suns - Dragic
    Thunder- Westbrook
    T'Wolves- Rubio
    Trail Blazers - Lillard
    Warriors- Curry
    Wizards - Wall

The team that can use a better point guard are probably not interested in Lin, a lotto team looking to draft one, cant afford him, or going with they current young player. (And yes I know some of those guys are upcoming free agents)

vCash
    The NBA is competitive so if teams seen Howard and Paul coming here they gonna offer us crappy trades or none at all so we cant pull it off. Asik is a solid player and there's a lot teams that could use a good big man with his defensive presence. Now Lin on the other hand, I seriously doubt it. For starters name a team that needs him or a team that has a PG that is worst than him. If they are worst than him, I'm almost positive its not that much of a gap skills wise but a huge gap contract wise.

76ers - Jrue Holiday
    Bobcats - Kemba Walker
    Bucks - Brandon Jennings, Monta Ellis BOTH ARE FA'S
    Bulls - Rose, Nate Robinson FA
    Cavaliers- Kyrie Irving
    Celtics- Rondo WHEN WILL HE RETURN?
    Clippers - Paul, Billups, Bledsoe FA AND WHAT DO EXPECT FROM BILLUPS? ALSO, LIN WOULD HELP IF PAUL LEFT
    Grizzlies- Conley, Bayless
    Hawks - Harris, Teague, Williams LIN>ALL 3 OF THEM
    Heat - Chalmers, Cole LIN>BOTH, BUT DOESN'T FIT THERE
    Hornets - Vasquez GOOD FIT HERE
    Jazz - Mo Williams , COULD GO THERE
    Kings - Thomas, Fredette LIN>BOTH, ALSO KINGS WILL DO ANYTHING FOR US!
    Knicks - Felton NOT GONNA GO THERE
    Lakers - Nash LIN>NASH AT THIS POINT
    Magic- Nelson LIN COULD HELP BRING SOME EXCITEMENT BACK TO ORLANDO
    Mavericks - Collison ^OR DALLAS
    Nets - Williams
    Nuggets- Lawson
    Pacers - Hill
    Pistons- Knight, Calderon ^OR DETROIT
    Raptors- Lowry WOULDN'T THAT BE IRONIC
    Spurs - Parker
    Suns - Dragic
    Thunder- Westbrook
    T'Wolves- Rubio LIN WOULD FIT HERE FINE
    Trail Blazers - Lillard
    Warriors- Curry
    Wizards - Wall

The team that can use a better point guard are probably not interested in Lin, a lotto team looking to draft one, cant afford him, or going with they current young player. (And yes I know some of those guys are upcoming free agents)
    My take.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast