Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: offseason!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA-GMaster View Post
    Find a starting center in Free agent market and find a potential starting PG in nba draft..
    A two way SF would be my preference before PG.

Oh and the owners basically let fly in the first round of NBA CBA negotiations. They want a 45 million dollar hard cap.

vCash
    Find a starting center in Free agent market and find a potential starting PG in nba draft..
    Why exactly?
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Why exactly do we need to find a starting PG in the draft? Hell we don't even need a backup PG in the draft. Lets look for some bangers down low. Our back court is ok as it is unless we can get some type of allstar then I am all for it.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Why exactly do we need to find a starting PG in the draft? Hell we don't even need a backup PG in the draft. Lets look for some bangers down low. Our back court is ok as it is unless we can get some type of allstar then I am all for it.
    I have not looked into this draft too much but from what I can tell all of the high upside potential stars are a ways away from contributing to a quality club. In other words we need to figure out which way we are going and fast, we are either all in for the next 2-3 years and all our assets need to be focused on acquiring a good center who can defend the rim, a two way starting SF, and a veteran 6th man who can be the catalyst in the second unit. Otherwise we need to blow it the hell up and acquire as much star potential young talent as we can get our hands on and some future draft picks to boot. This "mediocrity treadmill" crap we are locked into is somewhat infuriating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crzycjunx76 View Post
    I have not looked into this draft too much but from what I can tell all of the high upside potential stars are a ways away from contributing to a quality club. In other words we need to figure out which way we are going and fast, we are either all in for the next 2-3 years and all our assets need to be focused on acquiring a good center who can defend the rim, a two way starting SF, and a veteran 6th man who can be the catalyst in the second unit. Otherwise we need to blow it the hell up and acquire as much star potential young talent as we can get our hands on and some future draft picks to boot. This "mediocrity treadmill" crap we are locked into is somewhat infuriating.
    We may have some of what you are looking for on the roster.

Thabeet MAY be a great defensive center when he starts really working with Dawson and maybe Hakeem.

TWill COULD be that 2 way(A.I.2) type player with some coaching, natural progression, and P.T.

I think we have that 6th man you are talking about in Courtney Lee.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I would look at trading our draft picks to find a center if thabeet doesn't start to play well, i think we cannot expect very much from this draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    We may have some of what you are looking for on the roster.

Thabeet MAY be a great defensive center when he starts really working with Dawson and maybe Hakeem.

TWill COULD be that 2 way(A.I.2) type player with some coaching, natural progression, and P.T.

I think we have that 6th man you are talking about in Courtney Lee.
    We need them immediately if we want to contend, we have about a two to three year window with Scola and Martin... Thabeet will likely be one of those players who blossoms in his second contract (if at all) and TWill seems to me to be just as far away from playing good team basketball as Thabeet.

vCash
    If we could afford to grab any one of the players that will be available in free agency I would have to target Andrei Kirilenko. Unfortunately we will not be able to afford him, Utah would likely have a franchise tag under the new CBA, and he has already said if there is a work stoppage he will go back to Europe... and there is going to be a work stoppage.

vCash
    don't know about that

vCash
    bcoz there are lots of scoring PG in this coming nba draft.. Out of the PG's, i want Kanter, Jones or Barnes(if possible).. If we could trade Martin, Hill and our pick or suns pick(which is higher) for cavs and clips 1st pick.. I will surely do it.. We could sign a center that we want in FA plus draft a potential star wing man and a scoring PG..

vCash
    Need some veteran players' coaching(Drexler and Olajuwon/Mutombo) for Twill and Thabeet

vCash
    bcoz there are lots of scoring PG in this coming nba draft.. Out of the PG's, i want Kanter, Jones or Barnes(if possible).. If we could trade Martin, Hill and our pick or suns pick(which is higher) for cavs and clips 1st pick.. I will surely do it.. We could sign a center that we want in FA plus draft a potential star wing man and a scoring PG..
    a couple of things. have you missed the fact that kyle lowry has been beasting it the last month and a half? now if you suggest we need to get a scoring PG to come off the bench, i could see the argument (i think dragic is fine as the backup PG, but i could see why some would disagree). starting PG is not a need. starting center and upgrading SF are needs.

now on to your draft analysis. non of those guys are point guards.....kanter is a center, jones and barnes are both SFs. all guys we could use, but not PGs like you are saying. also, we wont get the suns pick cause they are going to miss the playoffs. since they lotto protected the pick, we get orlando's pick they got in the VC/Hedo deal. now if we could package our pick, with the later first round pick, and maybe someone like hill to move up and get one of those three, i would do it in ah heartbeat. but odds are we wont be able to. and i wouldnt deal martin to move up, this draft just isnt talented enough to warrant it
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    a couple of things. have you missed the fact that kyle lowry has been beasting it the last month and a half? now if you suggest we need to get a scoring PG to come off the bench, i could see the argument (i think dragic is fine as the backup PG, but i could see why some would disagree). starting PG is not a need. starting center and upgrading SF are needs.

now on to your draft analysis. non of those guys are point guards.....kanter is a center, jones and barnes are both SFs. all guys we could use, but not PGs like you are saying. also, we wont get the suns pick cause they are going to miss the playoffs. since they lotto protected the pick, we get orlando's pick they got in the VC/Hedo deal. now if we could package our pick, with the later first round pick, and maybe someone like hill to move up and get one of those three, i would do it in ah heartbeat. but odds are we wont be able to. and i wouldnt deal martin to move up, this draft just isnt talented enough to warrant it
    I know they are not PG.. plus I KNOW the draft consideration about the sun's pick that's why i put "our pick and which is higher".. please read my post again..Thanks!!

What i meant for OUT OF THE PGS are players who are not PG.. Sorry!! =P
    Last edited by NBA-GMaster; 03-20-2011 at 02:06 PM.

vCash
    plus im not looking of what our team's lack of, im searching for best players we could get in draft.. this year's draft are full of potential PGs and potential PFs..

vCash
    plus im not looking of what our team's lack of, im searching for best players we could get in draft.. this year's draft are full of potential PGs and potential PFs..
    We have too much "potential". We need impact player(s).

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast