Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: offseason!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koetravis View Post
    i would hate mike as a coach. offence doesnt win championships. i want a good defensive coach!
    Mike teaches d. The knicks are 7th in the league in steals and 1st in the league in blocks. Plus he dosn't let good defensive players like double j go to waste.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin's better View Post
    Mike teaches d. The knicks are 7th in the league in steals and 1st in the league in blocks. Plus he dosn't let good defensive players like double j go to waste.
    This doesn't mean anything, one thing is on-ball defense and other thing is off-ball defense, some payers are amazing on-ball and horrible off-ball, so if the team is good in steals and blocks doesn't mean that the coach is good at D, he have to teach the defense off-ball, and have you already watched a knicks' game this year? everybody is lost on the floor, a lot of open shots
    Last edited by EDUTEXANS; 03-08-2011 at 08:25 PM.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderPearce View Post
    It's all about the DRAFT! We have to trade up or pick up a player that is overlooked. There just arn't players out there that are going to make a huge impact on this team in FA. We are going to be this type of team for the next year or so. The west is falling off and just holding tight should get us in the playoffs next year at the 6-8th spot. We are not a champ team and we are not two or three pieces to getting there. We're just going to have to stick with this team and hold tight! We can add pieces through FA but the answer to move into the top four just isn't there.

Jamal Crawford
    Shaquille O'Neal
    Glen Davis
    Kwame Brown
    Von Wafer
    Boris Diaw
    Anthony Parker
    Tyson Chandler
    Caron Butler
    Mo WIlliams
    Nene Hialrio
    Tayshaun Prince
    Tracy McGrady
    Chris Wilcox
    Shane Battier
    Chuck Hayes
    Yoa Ming
    T.J Ford
    Matt Barnes
    Shannon Brown
    Eddie House
    James Jones
    Michael Redd
    Troy Murphy
    David West
    Grant Hill
    Jason Richardson
    Carl Landry
    Samual Dalembert
    Joel Przybilla
    Tim Duncan
    Andrei Kirilenko
    C.J Miles
    Barbosa
    Earl Watson

All players that could improve us quite a bit.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Retired?

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    No way should we look to trade either guy. You need some vets to lead the boys (miller, Scola, and Martin are our 3) - Scola is a vet based on his basketball experience (not just his NBA time).

I would like to see Martin show a bit more leadership next season though (but he may not be the kind of guy to give that kind of leadership, this is also a reason I would like to hold onto Hayes, as he shows abit of heart on the court - It hasen't rubbed off on Hill, but maybe on PP).

I would look to trade out Hill and T will in the off season (I would also like to see Thambeet play some minutes to end the season so we can see what he is at the moment)
    C: Asik PF: PatPat SF: Parsons SG: Harden PG: Lin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    This doesn't mean anything, one thing is on-ball defense and other thing is off-ball defense, some payers are amazing on-ball and horrible off-ball, so if the team is good in steals and blocks doesn't mean that the coach is good at D, he have to teach the defense off-ball, and have you already watched a knicks' game this year? everybody is lost on the floor, a lot of open shots
    +1 - Its a shambles out there
    C: Asik PF: PatPat SF: Parsons SG: Harden PG: Lin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Jamal Crawford
    Shaquille O'Neal
    Glen Davis
    Kwame Brown
    Von Wafer
    Boris Diaw
    Anthony Parker
    Tyson Chandler
    Caron Butler
    Mo WIlliams
    Nene Hialrio
    Tayshaun Prince
    Tracy McGrady
    Chris Wilcox
    Shane Battier
    Chuck Hayes
    Yoa Ming
    T.J Ford
    Matt Barnes
    Shannon Brown
    Eddie House
    James Jones
    Michael Redd
    Troy Murphy
    David West
    Grant Hill
    Jason Richardson
    Carl Landry
    Samual Dalembert
    Joel Przybilla
    Tim Duncan
    Andrei Kirilenko
    C.J Miles
    Barbosa
    Earl Watson

All players that could improve us quite a bit.
    just nene and sami (+/-) and tyson chandler, in my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegame187 View Post
    No way should we look to trade either guy. You need some vets to lead the boys (miller, Scola, and Martin are our 3) - Scola is a vet based on his basketball experience (not just his NBA time).

I would like to see Martin show a bit more leadership next season though (but he may not be the kind of guy to give that kind of leadership, this is also a reason I would like to hold onto Hayes, as he shows abit of heart on the court - It hasen't rubbed off on Hill, but maybe on PP).

I would look to trade out Hill and T will in the off season (I would also like to see Thambeet play some minutes to end the season so we can see what he is at the moment)
    first part: if we could get battier back, it would be great too

second: the coach gives the leadership to a player (and adelman idk, he seems not to like kmart very much) hayes has been great for us, no doubt re-sign him

third: if we get a new coach, i would like to see how he would play twill, we need to work thabbet in the summer before what we are gonna do with him and about hill, i like him, but if we get a new C and with PP, he is useless
    Last edited by EDUTEXANS; 03-09-2011 at 04:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    just nene and sami (+/-) and tyson chandler, in my opinion
    Please explain.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Please explain.
    Players that would really help us, that we should try in the FA, IMO
    Nene and Dalembert (would help, but... not great players) and Tyson Chandler, who would be the best option for us, oh... and re-sign hayes
    you know what i'm sayin'?

vCash
    A lot of these players are not going to be free agents, like Boris Diaw could be helpful at multiple positions for a reasonable salary, but he has a 9 million dollar player option for next season and is not opting out... same with Mo Williams.

Here is a complete list of UNRESTRICTED free agents that do not either have a player or a team option.

Jason Collins
    Jamal Crawford
    Maurice Evans
    Josh Powell
    Etan Thomas
    Marquis Daniels
    Glen Davis
    Von Wafer
    Delonte West
    Kwame Brown
    Javaris Crittenton
    Dominic McGuire
    Nazr Mohammed
    Keith Bogans
    Brian Scalabrine
    Kurt Thomas
    Jamario Moon
    Anthony Parker
    Leon Powe
    J.J. Barea
    Caron Butler
    Brian Cardinal
    Tyson Chandler
    Steve Novak
    DeShawn Stevenson
    Tim Thomas
    Anthony Carter
    Kenyon Martin
    J.R. Smith
    Shelden Williams
    Tracy McGrady
    Tayshaun Prince
    Chris Wilcox
    Rodney Carney
    Dan Gadzuric
    Vladimir Radmanovic
    Shane Battier
    Chuck Hayes
    Jared Jeffries
    Alexander Johnson
    Yao Ming
    Mike Dunleavy Jr.
    T.J. Ford
    Jeff Foster
    Solomon Jones
    Josh McRoberts
    Rasual Butler
    Jarron Collins
    Craig Smith
    Theo Ratliff
    Sasha Vujacic
    Acie Law
    Zach Randolph
    Damien Wilkins
    Carlos Arroyo
    Juwan Howard
    Jamaal Magloire
    Earl Boykins
    Michael Redd
    Sebastian Telfair
    Kris Humphries
    Troy Murphy
    Quinton Ross
    Joe Smith
    Darius Songaila
    Peja Stojakovic
    Kelenna Azubuike
    Eddy Curry
    Roger Mason
    Nick Collison
    Nenad Krstic
    Morris Peterson
    Malik Allen
    Jason Williams
    Tony Battie
    Willie Green
    Jason Kapono
    Grant Hill
    Dwayne Jones
    Jason Richardson
    Joel Przybilla
    Samuel Dalembert
    Carl Landry
    Antoine Wright
    Tony Parker
    Marcus Banks
    Reggie Evans
    Andrei Kirilenko
    Ronnie Price
    Earl Watson
    Hilton Armstrong
    Mardy Collins
    Josh Howard
    Sean Marks
    Adam Morrison

Some of these guys are SCRUBS and some will be extended and never see free agency.

At center it seems like the players most likely to fit our needs are Tyson Chandler and (sigh) Yao Ming. Dalembert could be an option as well even if he does make Miller look fleet of foot by comparison, as could Przybilla though he has regressed this season. Even Troy Murphy or Josh McRoberts could provide a shot swatting presence and spread the floor on O... though they both get beaten up one on one by physical bigs. Nazr Mohammed would be a good option for a backup if we already had a starter in place(and Miller was not sucking a roster spot up).

At Small Forward Kirilenko, Prince, or Butler would seem to be good options as starters.

We are going to have 3 open roster spots minimum this off-season and another three players have team options for a maximum of 6 possible holes. We are going to have two first rounders one way or another, and a couple second rounders (we could also buy more draft picks). Also dont forget we have guys like Sergio in Europe ready to come over and play.

Trades can of course significantly alter all of these circumstances and likely will.

vCash
    I like Sami, Chandler, humphies and reggie evans, the four would help a lot in boards and at SF, I really like tayshaun prince, but I thibk he would be expensive, he is playing really well despite the pistons' probs, and this sergio llul guy play at what position?

vCash
    He is a combo guard so not a need spot. If we decided to rebuild I would bring him in to compete with Lee at the 2 and give us another point capable option on the team. If we are in win now mode he has value as trade chip. I think his Euro contract is up this season so Noe is the time to move on him one way or another.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crzycjunx76 View Post
    He is a combo guard so not a need spot. If we decided to rebuild I would bring him in to compete with Lee at the 2 and give us another point capable option on the team. If we are in win now mode he has value as trade chip. I think his Euro contract is up this season so Noe is the time to move on him one way or another.
    I would rather keep him, let him improve and get used to NBA, he would be our third option for guard and the next season, dragic will be FA and he could be our back up, if you say that he is good

vCash
    I think we should collectively construct a wish list of what we'd like to see the Rockets do in the off season. If you google NBA free agents you can check out a list of guys available for this year and next. Let's keep trade targets to a minimum, such as we should try to acquire a SF not let's trade for LeBron. FA targets can be different since they are available to sign with anyone. I wouldn't mind seeing us go into a different direction at the coaching spot. Adleman is a great coach, but someone mentioned earlier that we need a younger guy and that Adleman is a guy you bring in to a contender. I wouldn't mind seeing Mike Brown step in and see what he's got, he'll want to prove to everyone that LeBron didn't make him. I'd also like to see us make a run at Deandre Jordan, he's a FA on the Clippers who need to save their money for Griffin and Gordon. He also went to TAMU so the thought of coming home maybe appealing. There aren't too many other FA's available, so aside from that the only other thing I'd like to see is freeing TWill.
    Lowry/Dragic
    Martin/Lee
    Bud/TWill
    Scola/Hayes/Hill
    Jordan/Patterson/Thabeet
    That's 12 guys, the other 3 would be in suits. I assume Thabeet would eventually move up the depth chart and either Hill or Patterson would be packaged at some point to add another piece at next years deadline. We would still be missing a superstar, but we would be giving an opportunity to Bud, Lee and TWill to become just that.

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast