Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: offseason!

vCash

offseason!

should we try and trade luis scola and kevin martin for younger players and draft picks? if so who? or if not,why?

vCash
    Way too soon to start talk about offseason
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    When does the CBA expire?

vCash
    June 30 i think

vCash
    To think we could be without Basketball and Football at the same time! Only Baseball and the Astros suck out loud.

vCash
    I'm not crazy about the idea of breaking them up just yet, considering how well they are playing right now and the cap space they will have in the offseason. However, if I had to part with one or the other, I'd part with Scola. I love the guy, but Patterson or Hayes could easily fill in for him and provide better defense with similar rebounding abilities. If the Rockets could somehow acquire a center with some post moves who also plays defense, then I think the overall team defense would improve significantly.

Also, Scola is one of the oldest players on the team, and a contender lacking front court offense might really covet him and his reasonable contract. If they don't deal him in the offseason, then I think they should start shopping him by next year's trade deadline (of course assuming we have any kind of basketball season at all next year).

vCash
    scola for andrea bargnani play him at the 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdroubi View Post
    Horrible idea. In what way does that improve the team at all? The only reason trading Scola makes sense is to improve defensively. If they can move him for draft picks and young talent, pick up a legit defensive center and move Hayes or Patterson to the starting 4 spot, they would improve significantly on defense.

Swapping Scola for Bargnani will not make this team better at all. It's swapping offense for offense...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crzycjunx76 View Post
    To think we could be without Basketball and Football at the same time! Only Baseball and the Astros suck out loud.
    I would think in kill myself...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdroubi View Post
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    i say get mike d'toni, (sorry if i spelt his name wrong) if he leaves as knicks coach. With yao gone, we can play this run and gun offensive which suites us much better. Imagene how many points martin would score a game.

vCash
    i would hate mike as a coach. offence doesnt win championships. i want a good defensive coach!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koetravis View Post
    i would hate mike as a coach. offence doesnt win championships. i want a good defensive coach!
    agreed, i rather rick over mike, seriously, what do you guys think about mike woodson???

vCash
    i just read about woodson on wikipedia and i wouldnt mind having him over rick! he is a defensive minded coach,fairly young and i think he could really help develop our young players into pretty good defensive players!

vCash
    It's all about the DRAFT! We have to trade up or pick up a player that is overlooked. There just arn't players out there that are going to make a huge impact on this team in FA. We are going to be this type of team for the next year or so. The west is falling off and just holding tight should get us in the playoffs next year at the 6-8th spot. We are not a champ team and we are not two or three pieces to getting there. We're just going to have to stick with this team and hold tight! We can add pieces through FA but the answer to move into the top four just isn't there.

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast