Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

2011-free agents

I do this every year,, lol I get excited about the future free agent class,
    can anyone give us a list of free agents out there, and what ur opinion is about who to bring in?
    we are very close to being a good playoff team,, quote me 2011-2012 season we will be in the playoffs!

vCash
    http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2011-n...-unrestricted/

-It's a weak class.

Our roster next year is already pretty set:

Tavares, Moulson, Grabner, Nielsen, Parenteau, Hunter, Martin, Bailey, Comeau are all either signed next year or RFA's that will definitely return. And hopefully we re-sign Konopka and re-sign Haley and keep him in the system. That leaves 1-3 forward spots open... Could be Niederreiter, Joensuu, Dibenedetto, Haley, Konopka, out 1st round pick, Petrov, Rakhshani, Colliton, or a FA signing.

I see those 3 spots being Konopka, Niederreiter, and Joensuu. Could be Haley, our 1st, or a signing too.

On D we have Mac, Hamonic, Jurcina, Streit, Eaton, Mottau. Hillen and Wishart are RFA's. Honestly I really like our D if it's healthy, maybe one agitator/tough guy defenseman... and we like let Hillen go or something even though I like him.

DP is out goalie. Lawson is a UFA and Montoya is an RFA. Have to believe Poulin and Koskinen will be our AHL guys next year, so do we re-sign Montoya to back up DP? Or do we go after a veteran like our Roloson/Biron signings? Or both?

If we stayed healthy this year we'd be a playoff team. I think we're going to make it and make it definitely. Maybe a few minor tweaks in the offseason, but nothing major unless we make a ridiculous trade I probably wouldn't like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    De-Haan??
    were is he?

vCash
    ^Still too small. He was drafted as a project an is still a work in progress. That doesnt mean he cant/wont be the top pairing defenseman we wanted but he's not ready yet. He's playing in juniors and since he'll be 20 (eligible for the AHL) im sure well sign him and hell get to come to camp but i dont see him making the team nd he shouldnt, we cant mess up his deveopment, he's out replacement for Streit in 2 years so we gotta make sure we do it right with this kid.

vCash
    did you forget about okposo or do you think hes leaving?...I hope you just forgot

vCash
    It does seem to be a weak class. I'm not really sure outside of upgrading the bottom line players if much improvement can be made. I like watching this team grow, I know no major money is going to be spent until a new arena deal is in place so I'm ok without going crazy on FA's this year. I'd rather have another Moulson or Grabner for next year but on the D...but I'll take offense again too....lol

vCash
    ^I'd like to try and deal Eaton/Mottau in the offseason for like a 2012 5th round pick... We need a spot to sign a big physical dman. The only somewhat physical dman we have is hammy. Jurcina is huge but doesnt have a tough bone in his body. Wishart is essentially the same player but not as good lucky lol. Hillen is 6th dman at best, lets not bring him or Gervais back.

Streit, MacDonald, Hamonic, Eaton/Mottau, Jucina, Wishart, McCabe/Salo/Brewer. That's a very solid D.

Streit-Mac
    McCabe-Hamonic

^Would be an awesome top 4.

For the O, next year I'd like to see:

Moulson-Tavares-Comeau
    Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo
    Laich/Glencross-Bailey-Parenteau
    Martin-Konopka-Joensuu

Streit-MacDonald
    Hamonic-McCabe/Salo/Brewer
    Jurcina-Wishart
    Eaton/Mottau

DiPietro
    Montoya
    (Poulin and Mikko in Bridgeport)

vCash
    I can't see McCabe coming to the Islanders when he should be looking for a contending team. I like Tomas Fleischmann in an Islander uniform though.