Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Could Gallinari be the Answer?

Gallinari was brought to Denver in a 3 team blockbuster deal that involved 13 players and brought the now-knick forward Camelo Anthony to New York. The trade also brought Timofy Mozgov who has been traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers, Raymond Felton who was traded to the Portland Trailblazers and Wilson Chandler to the Denver Nuggets.

Danilo Gallinari, Gallo or The Rooster for short was one of the main reasons that the Denver Nuggets went on to win a franchise record 57 games in the 2012-2013 NBA season. Of course they also had Andre Iguodala on the wing. Gallo was playing at the highest level of his career connecting on 37% of his 3pt attempts and 42% from the field while pouring in 16ppg. The numbers might not catch anybodies attention but Gallo was taking and hitting the biggest shots of his career. He made a couple of game winners while propelling the Nuggets to victories on a regular basis. Gallinari suffered a season ending knee injury which kept him out the 2013-14 season as well. He has returned to the active list this season and looks to get back to his old form.

The last couple of games the Nuggets have played have been discouraging to say the least with loses to the lowly 76ser, Celtics and Pistons to name a few. One thing that has been encouraging is that the Nuggets forward Gallinari has been playing at least 25mpg and has been getting to the free-throw line regularly which shows he is not afraid to take it to the defense. Although Gallinari does not shoot the best percentages from the field he makes up for it at the free throw line where he connects 84.7% of his attempts for his career. In February Danilo is averaging 13.7ppg in 27 minutes of action. This is the first time he has averaged 20+ mpg in a month so far this year. If Gallinari can get to his old form do you think he could solve some of the Denver Nugget’s problems?
    http://www.realballinsiders.com/wc/d...gets-problems/

This is my first article and I want to know what you guys think about Gallo, I would honestly like to keep him around and not trade him...
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

vCash
    If this was 7 months ago I would say yes but we've missed our window on this guy now. He's 26, so theres still time, but this team needs to go young if we want a chance to ever win a chip. The fact is that the west is just too competitive, and will be too competitive for the forsesable future considering the ages of most of it's stars. Our only real chance is to build a superteam through the draft and for that, Gallo works against us. I personally think the plan should be to trade Chandler, showcase Gallo and try and flip him your another asset. I had high hopes for him but it's clear that his injuries have prevented him to reach his ceiling. I just don't think we'll ever see him in 2012-2013 form again.

vCash
    The last few games though he's averaging 27 mpg and he looks to slowly be coming back to his level of play from 2012-13 season... he's still young i think he could be a starting forward on a winning team. if he keeps up the progress and he plays like he should be playing by the beginning of next year don't you think at 27-28 years old that would be good for us? we don't have any prospect small forwards anyways
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

vCash
    I certainly wouldn't mind but the fact is, he is a UFA in 2016. The Knicks will have cap space, he might seek a reunion. I don't see Ty, Afflalo, Chandler or Gallo resigning with this team. I think they have been deeply offended by the front office/coaching overhaul and are not buying in. Right now I don't think that theres a coach that would get these guys playing playoff ball. I am tired of having a team that's not on the same page but apparently our management and coach are on the same page. X's and O's aside as the 49ers have shown, you need a coach who aligns with management, then you can build a team around that coach. That should be our plan of action. What is the purpose of getting Shaw to begin with if this was the team we were expecting him to coach? We need a serious upgrade in terms of talent. I love Gallo but all he is going to do is get us a little lower of a pick if we resign him. He is not the difference maker we need. Once we have an established wing or guard superstar, we can start making win now moves. If we can nab a guy in this draft, and another next one, maybe Gallo would be a decent resign. He's a good defender and can shoot the 3.

vCash
    Yeah i get what you're saying I think they will build a team around shows system but a core of maybe lawson, harris, gallo, arthur, nurkic wouldn't be a bad start.

Agreed

vCash
    The team has never really been the same once Gallo went down. I do not think Gallo can be the whole answer for the team but I think if he gets healthy he will be part of the solution. Gallo came back fast from that December knee injury and is playing more aggressive. The teams morale seems to be really down. Coaches/players making snide comments in the press is a really bad sign.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    How would you guys feel about THJR for Gallo this offseason? Salaries wouldn't have to match.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    How would you guys feel about THJR for Gallo this offseason? Salaries wouldn't have to match.
    THJR is completely reliant on his shot. Gallo is a better defender. Idk.

vCash
    This team has to get its coaching situation resolved and then figure out 5-7 guys they want to keep as a nucleus. I think Gallo will be one of those guys when he gets over his rust and healing. I think the time off and knee have messed with his long range accuracy. If I was the coach I would move him off that 3 point line. The guy is lights out from the FT line so post him up a bit. He will make shots or get fouled. Whatever the coaches are doing now is not working for these nuggets. They play like they are defeated before the game even starts.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    I'd say no to hardaway.. gallo could be a good player if he drives constantly and I think he could be a big part of our team going forward.

Agreed

vCash
    Gallo wont fetch anything in a trade worth it right now so might as well keep him and evaluate

I have my doubts it will ever happen but if he returned to the form that was pushing Ty for best player on the team we could make a quick bounceback next year. Im guessing he will be here at least until next deadline, and that should give us plenty of time to evaluate him and see if he makes it back to form.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    This team has to get its coaching situation resolved and then figure out 5-7 guys they want to keep as a nucleus. I think Gallo will be one of those guys when he gets over his rust and healing. I think the time off and knee have messed with his long range accuracy. If I was the coach I would move him off that 3 point line. The guy is lights out from the FT line so post him up a bit. He will make shots or get fouled. Whatever the coaches are doing now is not working for these nuggets. They play like they are defeated before the game even starts.
    I don't think its all the coaches. Watching Gallo this year, he is forcing a lot but it also a really dumb player overall this year. I don't remember him like that at all...

vCash
    Would you guys do gallo for the Greek freak strait up?

vCash
    I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say yes we would

Agreed

vCash
    What are you waiting for? Send him and you will get OKC 1st round pick too...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast