Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Thumbs up TSN.CA Ranks Crawford as the #1 Rookie thru 1/28

Crawford is rated above the rest of the leagues rookies here...

Bickel is mentioned at #6

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=10841
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Crawford is playing great this year. He has done a pretty solid job of stopping all the shots that he needs to stop. We will need him on his game for the road trips that we have coming up.

vCash
    Are we going to have a Niemi situation after this year? How many more years do we have Crawford locked up for?

vCash
    I'm glad my support of Crawford is finally being vindcated. I fully believe that he is the better goalie between himself and Niemi. We might have him signed through next season but it shouldn't be a similar situation to last off season because the Hawks financial situation will not be as tight as it was. While its normal to see 4-5 guys turning over from year to year, I don't think we will see many off seasons like the one we saw last summer.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Are we going to have a Niemi situation after this year? How many more years do we have Crawford locked up for?
    He's an RFA after this season.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    He's an RFA after this season.
    In other words we may have another Niemi situation this year I hope we made a cap dump move this summer so we can afford Crawford and Brouwer Frolik and Campoli

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfael View Post
    In other words we may have another Niemi situation this year I hope we made a cap dump move this summer so we can afford Crawford and Brouwer Frolik and Campoli
    the hawks will have about 10 million in cap space this off season...that is with the seabrook extension factored in.

the cap is going to go up a couple of million, and the hawks have 4 million in penalties from entry level contract bonuses being removed. Brouwer Dowell, and Campoli arent going to get that big of a raise. Frolik will, as will Crawford.

I think now with his injury, the Hawks will let Hendry go. cant see any circumstances where Turco is brought back. Pisani will probably be let go.
    White Sox, Bears, Blackhawks, Spartans
    Go Green! Go White!

If Pro is the opposite of Con, what is the opposite of Progress?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitown Sparty View Post
    the hawks will have about 10 million in cap space this off season...that is with the seabrook extension factored in.

the cap is going to go up a couple of million, and the hawks have 4 million in penalties from entry level contract bonuses being removed. Brouwer Dowell, and Campoli arent going to get that big of a raise. Frolik will, as will Crawford.

I think now with his injury, the Hawks will let Hendry go. cant see any circumstances where Turco is brought back. Pisani will probably be let go.
    I agree with you for the most part. I do think that Brouwer gets a decent raise as well.

I also think that Hjalmarsson will be traded (or Campbell if possible). Blackhawks have a pretty solid blueline now and Leddy has stepped up big time. We have a lot of defensive prospects down in the minors who have a lot of promise (Lalonde and Olsen are two of the bigger names).

I think Crawford will likely get something like a 2 year agreement for 2Mil a year, or something close to what Jimmy Howard got. Remember, Niemi won the Stanley Cup and didn't get paid right away. This is Crawford's first season in the NHL and he will be paid accordingly (so I hope).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I agree with you for the most part. I do think that Brouwer gets a decent raise as well.

I also think that Hjalmarsson will be traded (or Campbell if possible). Blackhawks have a pretty solid blueline now and Leddy has stepped up big time. We have a lot of defensive prospects down in the minors who have a lot of promise (Lalonde and Olsen are two of the bigger names).

I think Crawford will likely get something like a 2 year agreement for 2Mil a year, or something close to what Jimmy Howard got. Remember, Niemi won the Stanley Cup and didn't get paid right away. This is Crawford's first season in the NHL and he will be paid accordingly (so I hope).
    I agree about Hjamarsson. Especialy if Capoli preforms solidly. By moving Hammer, and paying Campoli instead you'd save about 2 mil (depending on Campoli's contract, RFA).

vCash
    We should have just let San Jose sign Hammer in the summer time and take the draft picks that we would have gotten for him (since he was RFA)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfael View Post
    We should have just let San Jose sign Hammer in the summer time and take the draft picks that we would have gotten for him (since he was RFA)
    Agreed, and then used that saved money to resign either Big Buff or Ladd, who IMO were more important to this team last year than Hammer..

Take me back to the Forest

vCash
    As of March 1st Crawford is still ranked the #1 rookie and the #3 goalie overall.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    Crawford is rated above the rest of the leagues rookies here...

Bickel is mentioned at #6

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=10841
    funny on trade day on tsn the dumb ashes said crawford wasn`t gonna win and they needed to pick up a goalie like volkun......crow is flying right now...didn;t like some of the rebounds vs flames but he`s been solid!
    STANDLEY'S COME HOME!!!