http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|CGY|home

CALGARY, AB -- It was all about addition, not subtraction, for Calgary Flames acting general manager Jay Feaster on the NHL trade deadline day.

After picking up defenceman Brett Carson off waivers from the Carolina Hurricanes, Feaster added another depth player in veteran winger Fredrik Modin from the Atlanta Thrashers.

The Flames gave up their 2011 7th round draft pick for Modin which Feaster believes is a a very small price for what he can bring to the club.

"In Fredrik Modin, we bring what in what is essentially the 13th forward now and we bring in a winner. We bring in someone who has won a Stanley Cup, who has won Olympic gold, someone who has won a gold medal at the world championship and someone who I think is going to fit in very, very nicely within the fabric and the character of our room."

Modin has been hampered by injuries over the past few years of his career. He's been limited to just 36 games this season but now that he's healthy, Feaster said he'll bring not only a bit more offence to the roster but the wisdom that comes with experience.

"He's in the twilight of his career now," Feaster noted. "From our standpoint, this isn't someone who we have to have come in and score 20 goals for us here in the months of March and April. It's a depth forward move. It's somebody who brings depth and gives Brent (Sutter) some options in terms of what he wants to do with the lineup."

Modin, who is flying to St. Louis tomorrow to join the team, is happy to be back within a hockey market and a team that's in the middle of the playoff race.

"It's exciting, coming to Canada to play for the Flames," he told CalgaryFlames.com. "I have some experience playing against them. It was always a fun place to play. A great building, crazy fans. I am looking forward to being on the right side of it this time."

While he'll join the team on Tuesday, he isn't sure whether or not he'll be in the lineup.

"I really don't know what the plans are at this point. It (the trade) is only an hour old. I am going out there and hopefully will meet the team tomorrow and find out what they are expecting and what they want me to do."
Well Modin is terrible, but Feaster had him in TBay I believe, so at least he's familiar with him. Some forward depth with no big contract to take along, so I'm satisfied with this deal, as long as he stays where he belongs, on the fourth line.