Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 2956 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 195624562856290629462954295529562957295829663006305634563956 ... LastLast
Results 44,326 to 44,340 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

vCash
    Stalberg may find himself ob the 3rd line vefore the season is over however he Kopecky and Johnson are playing well together
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    I love his potential, especially if he embraces that bottom 6 role (since he can score). His speed is deadly, but he doesn't always take advantage of it.

Since he's not proven much this year, and been placed in a bottom 6 role, I could see us keeping him on the cheap. I'd probably like that, too.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Toews is Captain Clutch, this guy steps up all the time whenever we need him to be. Good job Captain Serious

vCash
    Stalberg has good potential, still very much a raw player. He is a RFA at the end of the season and I hope we can afford to keep him in our tight cap situation (ie. also have to sign Crawford and Brouwer) I'd like to see him stick with the team for the next couple of years so we get to see what he can potentially do

vCash
    Niemi is picking up to the form that he was in last year with us, good goalie with alot of potential. Good on the Sharks for locking him up long term, bad for us though lol Oh well we've got Crawford, but he is also RFA this season and will be looking for a raise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    He's an RFA after this season.
    In other words we may have another Niemi situation this year I hope we made a cap dump move this summer so we can afford Crawford and Brouwer Frolik and Campoli

vCash
    Would you rather have had:

Niemi + Toivonen for 2.5M
    Turco + Crawford for 2.1M

vCash
    I'm perfectly content with Crawford and I always have been. SInce watching the 2 play together in Rockford I always believed and still maintain that Crawford is the better goalie. I like Niemi but Crawford has always been my guy. I'm intrigued to see what we end up having to pay Crawf this off season as Jimmy Howard and Niemi have me a tad confused on what the market would be. I can't imagine it will be more than the arbitrator found for Niemi last season.

As for Toivi, he isn't a bad AHL goalie, but he isn'ta good one either. He has been ok but if he was our back up, the Hawks likely would be in worse standing than they already are.

Nemi didn't leave because we didn't want him, he left becuase (at the time) we couldn't afford him and a decision had to be made. THe Sharks plaid an interesting game with Niemi and Hammer and a choice was made. Crawf has grabbed the starting spot solidly early in the season (something Niemi never did) and is a potential Calder winner. Say what you will about choosing Hammer over Niemi, but Crawford has provided anything but a down grade.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfael View Post
    In other words we may have another Niemi situation this year I hope we made a cap dump move this summer so we can afford Crawford and Brouwer Frolik and Campoli
    the hawks will have about 10 million in cap space this off season...that is with the seabrook extension factored in.

the cap is going to go up a couple of million, and the hawks have 4 million in penalties from entry level contract bonuses being removed. Brouwer Dowell, and Campoli arent going to get that big of a raise. Frolik will, as will Crawford.

I think now with his injury, the Hawks will let Hendry go. cant see any circumstances where Turco is brought back. Pisani will probably be let go.
    White Sox, Bears, Blackhawks, Spartans
    Go Green! Go White!

If Pro is the opposite of Con, what is the opposite of Progress?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitown Sparty View Post
    the hawks will have about 10 million in cap space this off season...that is with the seabrook extension factored in.

the cap is going to go up a couple of million, and the hawks have 4 million in penalties from entry level contract bonuses being removed. Brouwer Dowell, and Campoli arent going to get that big of a raise. Frolik will, as will Crawford.

I think now with his injury, the Hawks will let Hendry go. cant see any circumstances where Turco is brought back. Pisani will probably be let go.
    I agree with you for the most part. I do think that Brouwer gets a decent raise as well.

I also think that Hjalmarsson will be traded (or Campbell if possible). Blackhawks have a pretty solid blueline now and Leddy has stepped up big time. We have a lot of defensive prospects down in the minors who have a lot of promise (Lalonde and Olsen are two of the bigger names).

I think Crawford will likely get something like a 2 year agreement for 2Mil a year, or something close to what Jimmy Howard got. Remember, Niemi won the Stanley Cup and didn't get paid right away. This is Crawford's first season in the NHL and he will be paid accordingly (so I hope).

vCash
    Redemption time against Calgary, I say piss on those Flames
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I agree with you for the most part. I do think that Brouwer gets a decent raise as well.

I also think that Hjalmarsson will be traded (or Campbell if possible). Blackhawks have a pretty solid blueline now and Leddy has stepped up big time. We have a lot of defensive prospects down in the minors who have a lot of promise (Lalonde and Olsen are two of the bigger names).

I think Crawford will likely get something like a 2 year agreement for 2Mil a year, or something close to what Jimmy Howard got. Remember, Niemi won the Stanley Cup and didn't get paid right away. This is Crawford's first season in the NHL and he will be paid accordingly (so I hope).
    I agree about Hjamarsson. Especialy if Capoli preforms solidly. By moving Hammer, and paying Campoli instead you'd save about 2 mil (depending on Campoli's contract, RFA).

vCash

vCash
    Are you against IGT's made for specific games? I knew we have the weekly game thread.... But IDK that's boring.

I've been really busy but would it bad ok if here and there i made one? I've done it before but that was before the weekly threads.

Like the Blackhawks? Hockey? Sports in general? Create a free account at ProSportsDaily and join in on the conversations today. Signing up takes no time at all, and you can be on the forums posting your opinions before you know it!

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

vCash
    Good for Niemi