Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

OT: Niemi Extended 4 Years by Sharks

Deal works out to just under 4 million per year...

finally, the guy gets the credit he deserves. I am a huge Niemi fan, and all the guineas done in two short seasons in the NHL is pitch shutouts after shutout, win games, and win a Stanley Cup...this summer he didn't get the respect, and signed with San Jose at the end of the summer. nice then, he started off slowly (after playing a ton of hockey last year) but since Right around mid-December he has been the NHL's best goalie, statistically and from a record standpoint.

I am putting together the numbers since then, but they are staggering..

More to come..
    Niemi Extended 4 Years by Sharks

I know the source is bad, but i'll look for another one

vCash

vCash
    1.94 GAA
    .934 SV%
    4 shutouts
    15-6-1

since December

Sucks that he had to leave our team, but I'm perfectly fine with Crawford.

vCash
    Niemi is picking up to the form that he was in last year with us, good goalie with alot of potential. Good on the Sharks for locking him up long term, bad for us though lol Oh well we've got Crawford, but he is also RFA this season and will be looking for a raise

vCash
    Would you rather have had:

Niemi + Toivonen for 2.5M
    Turco + Crawford for 2.1M

vCash
    I'm perfectly content with Crawford and I always have been. SInce watching the 2 play together in Rockford I always believed and still maintain that Crawford is the better goalie. I like Niemi but Crawford has always been my guy. I'm intrigued to see what we end up having to pay Crawf this off season as Jimmy Howard and Niemi have me a tad confused on what the market would be. I can't imagine it will be more than the arbitrator found for Niemi last season.

As for Toivi, he isn't a bad AHL goalie, but he isn'ta good one either. He has been ok but if he was our back up, the Hawks likely would be in worse standing than they already are.

Nemi didn't leave because we didn't want him, he left becuase (at the time) we couldn't afford him and a decision had to be made. THe Sharks plaid an interesting game with Niemi and Hammer and a choice was made. Crawf has grabbed the starting spot solidly early in the season (something Niemi never did) and is a potential Calder winner. Say what you will about choosing Hammer over Niemi, but Crawford has provided anything but a down grade.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

vCash
    Good for Niemi

vCash
    Good for Niemi, good for the Sharks. I'm perfectly happy with Crawford and I think he's better than Niemi with a higher ceiling.
    GIFSoup

It's a Big Sexy block party!! Apparently Big Baby didn't get his invitation...

vCash
    Pretty much the same, good for him
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Overpaid. Howard 2.25 mil while more consistent does not have a Cup win still is the better goalie.