Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Because my belief is back with proven evidence. Yours has none.

its a theory

does all of psd believe in evolution?

Quote Originally Posted by knightstemplar View Post
    formula for evolution-
    Nothing + nothing = two elements + time = 92 natural
    elements + time = all physical laws and a completely
    structured universe of galaxies, systems, stars, planets,
    and moons orbiting in perfect balance and order.

how can you believe that
    What on earth?

You realize that evolution is not astrophysics, right? It doesn't explain, nor does it even attempt to explain, galaxies, stars, plants, moons, etc.

Did you think by trying to apply evolution where it doesn't even claim to go that you'd somehow poke holes in it?

"There's no better public education than teaching kids that they should have been born to a parent who could afford their cancer treatments." - @LOLGOP

The story was obviously written by someone who has no idea what the theory of evolution is. It's really pretty pathetic.

Also, OP, did you not learn about evolution at all in your grade school days? Even with basic knowledge of it you'd be able to tell that the original story you posted is a huge crock of ****.

Thankfully, I don't need to go through point by point and shut you down because Nate is here to do the dirty work.

I was being nice with you, now your going to get **** on.

its a theory
    Yeah. A scientific theory. Which has a vastly different definition than the colloquial use of the word "theory."

Some scientific explanations are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them. The explanation becomes a scientific theory. In everyday language a theory means a hunch or speculation. Not so in science. In science, the word theory refers to a comprehensive explanation of an important feature of nature supported by facts gathered over time. Theories also allow scientists to make predictions about as yet unobserved phenomena
    Gravity is a theory, too. Why aren't you questioning it in this manner?

"There's no better public education than teaching kids that they should have been born to a parent who could afford their cancer treatments." - @LOLGOP

“To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree.”

-darwin

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/charles_darwin/

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Thankfully, I don't need to go through point by point and shut you down because Nate is here to do the dirty work.
    I feel like I should get a badge to wear or something.

9. 02-21-2011, 09:09 PM
    Reason
    Insults

formula for evolution-
    Nothing + nothing = two elements + time = 92 natural
    elements + time = all physical laws and a completely
    structured universe of galaxies, systems, stars, planets,
    and moons orbiting in perfect balance and order.

how can you believe that
    That is a severely oversimplied and false version of the Big Bang, not evolution.

You are trying to argue evolution and making a claim against the Big Bang, which are two completely separate actions.

Rule #1 of arguments: Know thine enemy
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

I was being nice with you, now your going to get **** on.
    I was waiting for nate to come too

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Yeah. A scientific theory. Which has a vastly different definition than the colloquial use of the word "theory."

Gravity is a theory, too. Why aren't you questioning it in this manner?
    Thanks for mentioning this. Communication break-down.

“To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree.”

-darwin

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/charles_darwin/
    We're resorting to quoting Darwin out of context, I see. People always jump to that when we're talking about slavery or murder in the Bible, but I guess the same standard can't be held to when quoting Darwin. Nevertheless, here's the full quote you, completely innocently I'm sure, neglected to include:

To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree.

Yet reason tells me, that if numerous gradations from a perfect and complex eye to one very imperfect and simple, each grade being useful to its possessor, can be shown to exist; if further, the eye does vary ever so slightly, and the variations be inherited, which is certainly the case; and if any variation or modification in the organ be ever useful to an animal under changing conditions of life, then the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, can hardly be considered real.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    We can even subtitle it... "Nate argues with the nut jobs"
    You know what the ironic thing about this is? Two years ago, it would be titled "Nate's one of the nut jobs."

gravity is a law, newtons law of gravity

It's a proven theory.
    Actually it isnt, a theory is just a set of assumptions that explains observations.

For instance, gravity is only a theory which explains why why we dont float away from the earth and why the earth doesnt float away from the Sun but the moon stays with us and doesnt float to the Sun.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast