Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Trade Deadline Panthers

So another trade deadline is here and we have a couple of real good trade chips. Here are a few names that could be dealt

Tomas Vokoun
    He has had another excellent season for tha Cats and he is an UFA at the end of the season, problem being he has a NTC and i just don't see him waiving. It was rumored the panthers had a deal with the Flyers at last years deadline and Tomas wouldn't waive. If this team wants to start a true rebuild they need to convince him to waive. He could bring back a good return of a least a 1st round pick and top prospect

Stephen Weiss
    Weiss also has a no trade but IMO i think if he was asked he would waive. Seeing what a guy like Mike Fisher got i think the Panthers could easily get a top prospect and a 1st rounder. C is the hardest position to fill and Weiss has decent numbers who have to think teams have called.

Bryan McCabe Another NTC guy, i personally think Bryan will stay and sign a 2 year extension. He has said he loves in in Florida and would be a great mentor to out up and coming defenders.

David Booth.
    We should really move this guy he has had a decent season but i am worried about his long term health with his concussion issues. He would command a lot. Top prospects would get him, i would see a team like the Canucks, maybe Hodgson.

Then there is a bunch of guys like Dvorak, Higgins, Allen, Reasoner who will more then likely be moved for 3rd or 4th round draft picks. This is a big chance for Tallon to put his mark on this team. Hopefully the panthers make some good moves and continue to build to the future.

"A friend in need is a friend to avoid"

vCash
    I definitely think we need to move Booth. The dude gets hurt too often, and has been playing well enough for us to get something decent in return

My American Hero

KoB Owns My Soul For Life

vCash
    I think McCabe, Stillman, and Vokoun get traded. Booth, Higgins, Reasoner and Dvorak are others too. It should be VERY intresting

vCash
    Stillman traded to Carolina for Ryan Carter and a 2011 5th round pick

vCash
    I like that deal for us actually.

My American Hero

KoB Owns My Soul For Life

vCash
    aything we could get for Stillman is ok with me

vCash
    thats exactly what i thought too ^

vCash
    Im reading a lot that more then likely Weiss and McCabe wont be moved. Both are reluctant to waive there no trade clauses. Im thinking that Tallon should really focua on moving Booth and Vokoun then, those are the only other players we could really get somethign good for.

vCash
    i agree. Im hoping McCabe gets moved though.