Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

vCash

Joe Nieuwendyk.... must die... James Neal

Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Goligoski is a good add but Niewy should have gotten a draft pick, or prospect like Tangradi, to balance it up a little more.

vCash
    ... I wonder if he manages to get a good deal for Brad Richards if he trades him.

vCash
    I won't lie as a Penguins fan I will say Go-go is a really good scoring Defensemen who many fans will tell you we looked down upon at times. I feel he will be a great addition to your team and could be the spark your team is looking for. He is great on the powerplay and can help your team in a needed scoring opportunity he does have a problem with clearing the net with his size and being physical but he is young and should improve his defensive play and his offensive skills even more in the future.

vCash
    With no ownership and no money, all we can do is look to the future. If we can deal Richards for forward talent, then this trade is a good one. Defense kills us in all aspects right now and this deal can only help. Neal is a stud, but with Morrow, Eriksson and Benn...we're still fine on the left side. Goglioski can take some pressure off of Daley and Robidas to provide all the offense from the back. I like the deal

vCash
    At first I was flipping out about the deal, now it doesn't seem that bad. I really hate to say it, but we need to trade Richards and get a HAUL for him. Might be tough with the concussion-like symptoms though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwsnj View Post
    At first I was flipping out about the deal, now it doesn't seem that bad. I really hate to say it, but we need to trade Richards and get a HAUL for him. Might be tough with the concussion-like symptoms though.
    I would have much rather traded Brad than Neal. Neal is younger and cheaper and we could have gotten a much better return for Richards. I also woulnd't have minded seeing Ribeirio in place of Neal. I can't stand how he just holds the puck and passes up shots sometimes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    I would have much rather traded Brad than Neal. Neal is younger and cheaper and we could have gotten a much better return for Richards. I also woulnd't have minded seeing Ribeirio in place of Neal. I can't stand how he just holds the puck and passes up shots sometimes.
    I agree with you about seeing Richards go over Neal for many reasons. The thing that worries me is the concussion-like symptoms may really bring his stock down. Talk about the worst time possible for that. We may see a weak return, or might just see him sign elsewhere in the offseason. As for Ribiero, I know what your talking about with holding onto the puck, it's like 10 years ago screaming SHOOOOOOOOT to Zubov. At least Zubov was quarterbacking the powerplay at the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwsnj View Post
    I agree with you about seeing Richards go over Neal for many reasons. The thing that worries me is the concussion-like symptoms may really bring his stock down. Talk about the worst time possible for that. We may see a weak return, or might just see him sign elsewhere in the offseason. As for Ribiero, I know what your talking about with holding onto the puck, it's like 10 years ago screaming SHOOOOOOOOT to Zubov. At least Zubov was quarterbacking the powerplay at the time.
    Never understood Zubie. Everyone said he had a wicked slap shot and every coach always encouraged him to shoot, but he never did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    really? goligoski has had a bigger impact in 5 games than neil and niskanen have had for the last two months combined.....trade is lookin better and nieuwendyk is looking smarter every day too.....jason williams has been a nice addition also....keep up the good work joe!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by red taco meat View Post
    really? goligoski has had a bigger impact in 5 games than neil and niskanen have had for the last two months combined.....trade is lookin better and nieuwendyk is looking smarter every day too.....jason williams has been a nice addition also....keep up the good work joe!
    You can't honestly tell me you were thrilled with this trade when it happened. I still feel we should have at least received a draft pick in addition to Goligoski. Once again Joe, at least at this point, has proven me wrong. I think I'll still see as his moves as stupid so they work out. I don't mind eating crow as long as it's during a win for the Stars.

vCash
    neal hasnt had a point since being traded and goligoski is playing well good trade so far
    John Condo at a Park by my House lol