Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

drama in Libya as fire of revolution spread

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_on_re_...libya_protests

I personally find what's happening in Libya more interesting than all the other protests and demonstrations that's currently going on in the Middle Eastern North African region.

Here is what happened so far in chronological order:

- Peaceful demontrations, inspired by events in Tusnisa and Egypt, begin in Libya's second biggest city to call for the ouster of Libya's long time dictator, Gadhafi.

- Peaceful demonstrators ignore order to disperse

- Troops begin to crack down on peaceful demonstrators and opened fire on them during protests and funeral precessions

- Muslim clerics and scholars in Libya, horrified by the massacre, appeal to the government for restraint issuing the following statement: "We appeal to every Muslim, within the regime or assisting it in any way, to recognize that the killing of innocent human beings is forbidden by our Creator and by His beloved Prophet of Compassion (peace be upon him)... Do NOT kill your brothers and sisters. STOP the massacre NOW!"

- A well known Libyan official, Abdel-Monem al-Houni, resign from his post to show his support for prostestors issuing the following statement: "As a Libyan citizen, I absolutely cannot be quiet about these crimes," he said, adding that he had renounced all links to the regime because of "my complete devotion to my people." Al-Houni was part of the group that carried out the coup in 1969 that brought Gadhafi to power. He later fell out with him, but they reconciled in 2000. Gadhafi then named him to the Arab League post.

- The demonstrators, angered by the massacre, turned violent. Police headquarters were burned down. The army in Libya's second biggest city retreated into a fortified compound as unrest spread to Libya's capital along with a half dozen cities. Protesters seize military bases and weapons.

- Gadhafi's son issued an official statement proclaiming the army's support for his father. The following is what his son issued: "We are not Tunisia and Egypt. Moammar Gadhafi, our leader, is leading the battle in Tripoli, and we are with him. The armed forces are with him. Tens of thousands are heading here to be with him. We will fight until the last man, the last woman, the last bullet."

- Despite the proclamation from Gadhafi's son..soldiers defects from the army to aid the protestors. According so a surgeon from a hospital, members of an army unit known as the "Thunderbolt" squad had brought wounded comrades to the hospital. The soldiers said they had defected to the cause of the protesters and had fought and defeated Gaddafi's elite guards."They are now saying that they have overpowered the Praetorian Guard and that they have joined the people's revolt," another man at the hospital, lawyer Mohamed al-Mana, told Reuters by telephone. A whole army battalion was also reported to have defected and was said to have aided protestors in chasing away pro-Gadhafi militia that was defending a presidential compound.

- Libya's largest tribe, Warfla, officially proclaim they are joining the protestors.

- The leader of another tribe, the Al-Zuwayya tribe, threatened to cut oil exports unless authorities halted what he called the "oppression of protesters."

- Akram Al-Warfalli, a leading figure in the Al Warfalla tribe, told Al Jazeera: "We tell the brother (Gaddafi), well he's no longer a brother, we tell him to leave the country."
    Last edited by FOBolous; 02-20-2011 at 11:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash

Revolution spread in Libya as peaceful demonstrators turn violent

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_on_re_...libya_protests

I personally find what's happening in Libya more interesting than all the other protests and demonstrations that's currently going on in the Middle Eastern North African region.

Here is what happened so far in chronological order:

- Peaceful demontrations, inspired by events in Tusnisa and Egypt, begin in Libya's second biggest city to call for the ouster of Libya's long time dictator, Gadhafi.

- Peaceful demonstrators ignore order to disperse

- Troops begin to crack down on peaceful demonstrators and opened fire on them during protests and funeral precessions. Hundreds are reported dead. Many more injured.

- Muslim clerics and scholars in Libya, horrified by the massacre, appeal to the government for restraint issuing the following statement: "We appeal to every Muslim, within the regime or assisting it in any way, to recognize that the killing of innocent human beings is forbidden by our Creator and by His beloved Prophet of Compassion (peace be upon him)... Do NOT kill your brothers and sisters. STOP the massacre NOW!"

- A well known Libyan official, Abdel-Monem al-Houni, resign from his post to show his support for prostestors issuing the following statement: "As a Libyan citizen, I absolutely cannot be quiet about these crimes," he said, adding that he had renounced all links to the regime because of "my complete devotion to my people." Al-Houni was part of the group that carried out the coup in 1969 that brought Gadhafi to power. He later fell out with him, but they reconciled in 2000. Gadhafi then named him to the Arab League post.

- The demonstrators, angered by the massacre, turned violent. Police headquarters were burned down. The army in Libya's second biggest city retreated into a fortified compound as unrest spread to Libya's capital along with a half dozen cities. Protesters seize military bases and weapons.

- Gadhafi's son issued an official statement proclaiming the army's support for his father. The following is what his son issued: "We are not Tunisia and Egypt. Moammar Gadhafi, our leader, is leading the battle in Tripoli, and we are with him. The armed forces are with him. Tens of thousands are heading here to be with him. We will fight until the last man, the last woman, the last bullet."

- Despite the proclamation from Gadhafi's son..soldiers defects from the army to aid the protestors. According so a surgeon from a hospital, members of an army unit known as the "Thunderbolt" squad had brought wounded comrades to the hospital. The soldiers said they had defected to the cause of the protesters and had fought and defeated Gaddafi's elite guards."They are now saying that they have overpowered the Praetorian Guard and that they have joined the people's revolt," another man at the hospital, lawyer Mohamed al-Mana, told Reuters by telephone. A whole army battalion was also reported to have defected and was said to have aided protestors in chasing away pro-Gadhafi militia that was defending a presidential compound.

- Libya's largest tribe, Warfla, officially proclaim they are joining the protestors.

- The leader of another tribe, the Al-Zuwayya tribe, threatened to cut oil exports unless authorities halted what he called the "oppression of protesters."

- Akram Al-Warfalli, a leading figure in the Al Warfalla tribe, told Al Jazeera: "We tell the brother (Gaddafi), well he's no longer a brother, we tell him to leave the country."
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Wow I can only hope this works out in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Gadhafi is the 4th all time leading non-king ruler in recent history. He has been in power for just over 40 years, i am going to make a bold prediction that he wont make it to number three.

If you dont look at the link or on your phone, that means he will make it less than two weeks (15 days technically).
    Member of the Owlluminati!