Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raider77 View Post
    Nice how was hank Jr? im a huge fan of his and want to see him.
    It was fun, If you have the chance you should go see him.

vCash
    Nice thanks! there really isnt other country fans on here i guess? This has been sitting and no one else has jumped in. I guess PSD isnt the place for country music.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raider77 View Post
    Nice thanks! there really isnt other country fans on here i guess? This has been sitting and no one else has jumped in. I guess PSD isnt the place for country music.
    Yea there's a few of us fans on here and im sure some fans dont even go into the music forum so they wouldnt know about this thread.

vCash
    That just sucks. Do u like the song bait a hook?

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    I was one of those kids who grew up going "ugh I hate country." But I don't know this last summer. I really started getting into it. I mostly only have bigger names on my Ipod right now but I probably have a 100 or so songs now.

Luke Bryan
    Keith Urban
    Jason Aldean
    Tim McGraw
    Johny Reid
    Toby Keith

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbs View Post
    I was one of those kids who grew up going "ugh I hate country." But I don't know this last summer. I really started getting into it. I mostly only have bigger names on my Ipod right now but I probably have a 100 or so songs now.

Luke Bryan
    Keith Urban
    Jason Aldean
    Tim McGraw
    Johny Reid
    Toby Keith
    You know i was the same way about 5 years ago. I couldnt stand it but i just started loving it all of a sudden. Some of the songs are just good fun. Luke bryan i will say is one of my favorite at the moment. wasting bullets is a good song if you like to hunt but he has a good range of them.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    Bait a hook is a good song. Forgot that I saw Justin Moore again a couple months ago.

vCash
    Damn you have been to alot ill admit. Justin moore is one of my favorite artist at the moment.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    Haha yeah, its hard to keep track of them all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbs View Post

Luke Bryan
    Keith Urban
    Jason Aldean
    Tim McGraw
    Johny Reid
    Toby Keith
    I was literally the exact same way. One of my roommates would play it all the time last year and I really started to pick up on it and genuinely enjoy it.

vCash
    When I was growing up my family would listen to some country but I never fell in love with it until recently when all my friends played it a lot.

vCash
    I started in high school. The older guys on our football team plaed it. After awhile i just started liking every song.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    Been listening to country music since I was a young, and I love the genre. My parents listened to it a lot. Waylon, Garth, McGraw etc. Im nit a fan of 99% of country music on the radio today, no offense to anyone, I just think it sucks. I now realize that most of what I listened to when growing wasn't all that good either, but I still enjoy mostly for nostalgic reasons.

Here's a list of some of the bands/artist I listen to, past and present.
    Hank Sr
    Hank 3
    Cash
    Waylon
    Haggard
    Jason Boland and the Stragglers, excellent live, cheap tickets, not many people and usually play at bars, but a great band and IMO the best there is right now.
    Corey Smith(anything before his Keeping up with the Jonses record)
    Randy Rodgers Band
    Robert Earl Keen(a Texas legend)
    Randy Crouch(one of the greatest fiddlers ever, had the pleasure of watching him play with Boland)
    American Aquarium
    Casey Donahue Band
    Ryan Bales Band
    Reckless Kelly
    Kevin Fowler
    Aaron Watson
    Cross Canadian Ragweed- one of my favorites, but have broken up, also great live
    Eric Church
    Dirks Bentley
    Cory Morrow
    The great divide
    Mike McClure(also part if the great divide)
    Mickey and the Motorcars
    Shooter Jennings
    Wade Bowen
    Brandon Jenkins(if you ever heard the song Finger on the Trigger by Bleu Edmonston, this is the man who wrote it)
    Stoney Larue
    Steve Earle
    Willie Nelson
    George Jones
    Wayne "the train" Hancock

A lot of the bands I listed are what most call Red Dirt country, it's basically today's Outlaw country music.There's a lot of bands I'm forgetting and a lot I haven't got to checking out myself, but I recommend any band I mentioned to anyone who like country music. Besides the obvious one, good luck hearing them on the radio though. If you want Wong suggestions for any of them let me know.

vCash
    Didn't realize I posted in here before lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Holtz Lisp View Post
    Then that doesn't make him a current country music fan? What is it called bluegrass or something, that is what he likes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDfootball36 View Post
    I would say bluegrass is country
    Yes some of them defiantly have bluegrass influences, but that's nit surprising considering bluegrass is a sub-genre of country music. But some of also have influences of rock and blues. As I said in the other post, it's commonly called red dirt county.

Cody Canada, front-man for the band Cross Canadian Ragweed said, ""It's country, folksy, it's bluesy, it's rock, and it's just blue collar music. It's a lot about the lyrics. It's a lot about the feeling of it. It doesn't have a label, I guess. It's everything from Merle Haggard influence to full blown Rolling Stones."
    That's a quote basically explaining the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Holtz Lisp View Post
    What if your 60? lol Corey Smith isgood but never heard of the rest of em. Face it, Country Music has evolved it is NO longer what it use to be. I love the song Bullets in the Gun also.
    No the country music on the radio has evolved, there's still many bands who play traditional country the way it's supposed to be. If you like it, that's cool. I refuse to except it as country music, support those bands or listen to them willingly. The same songs recycled over and over and the reason country music has a bad name.
    Last edited by bosox3431; 11-19-2011 at 12:16 AM.

vCash
    ^ I will agree that most those bands out on the radio are trash. I hate some of the crap they play off as country. Im have to check out the list you typed out. Ive heard most but a few are just new to me.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast