Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Trade Deadline Approaching...

Come on Dean - do something! A lot of trades happening and the Kings haven't done anything despite being tied for the last playoff spot in the West. A whole host of players have been on the move and the Kings need to bolster their roster.

vCash

Smile

Look for Ales Hemsky to be dealt to the Kings or Dean may call up Brayden Schenn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmatt View Post
    Look for Ales Hemsky to be dealt to the Kings or Dean may call up Brayden Schenn.
    It would be nice to see Hemsky alongside Kopitar if he can stay healthy. I'm just worried that Dean may get close to a deal and chicken out.

I'm also a little concerned about bringing up Brayden Schenn at this point in the season. A playoff push is a lot of pressure to heap on a youngster.

vCash
    keep the team together and bring up Schenn
    Last edited by titans98587; 02-25-2011 at 04:38 PM.

vCash
    I hope Dean is feeling serious pressure to make a deal now! Stewart and Neal have moved and it's pretty clear the Kings need to add something.

vCash
    Like I have been saying for a couple of years, they need a big time scorer and Richards sure would be nice, he is 30, so he has some years left!!!

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nhl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjvacad View Post
    Like I have been saying for a couple of years, they need a big time scorer and Richards sure would be nice, he is 30, so he has some years left!!!

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nhl
    My concern is the concussion he is recovering from. Players, including Crosby, are showing that it can take some time to come back from head injuries. Not to mention Richards is a FA at seasons end and a rental isn't what the Kings need. They need someone to play alongside Kopitar for years to come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KJL View Post
    My concern is the concussion he is recovering from. Players, including Crosby, are showing that it can take some time to come back from head injuries. Not to mention Richards is a FA at seasons end and a rental isn't what the Kings need. They need someone to play alongside Kopitar for years to come.
    Yes, I was going to say that they would only take him if he signs an extension. Didn't Drew have concussion and he came back, maybe his wasn't as bad, but none the less, I would think they could work out a deal contingent upon his health.

vCash
    Kovalev would have been good for a playoff push...

vCash
    They made the move and it cost them no one from the roster and another year on his contract, cool.

Oilers send Penner to L.A.
    February 28 Edmonton Journal Share Article "Dustin Penner is going back to the West Coast.

The Edmonton Oilers moved the left-winger to the Los Angeles Kings Monday for defenceman Colten Teubert, who played junior in Regina with winger Jordan Eberle, a first-round pick in the June draft and a conditional draft pick later in 2012, based on how far the Kings go in the playoffs, should they make them. It’s a third-rounder for now, but it could become a second.
    Last edited by rjvacad; 02-28-2011 at 05:32 PM.

vCash
    Really nice pick up

vCash
    We got Penner without having to give up Schenn, Simmonds, or Clifford. Thank you Dean, you just turned us into a cup contender.