Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/...ate-fundi.html

I wonder if this is what Boehner meant when he said cut spending, does it apply to his own district. Fortunately it doesnt matter whether he meant that or not. Apparently government spending doesnt create jobs...unless it is in YOUR district.
    I guess spending $450,000 per job is better than spending $59,000 per job as well.

vCash
    Conservatives won't shed a tear over the firing of government workers.

And the logic those ideas are built on has never made any sense to me. By that logic the government could hire everyone, and the economy would never stop growing.
    Last edited by gcoll; 02-16-2011 at 05:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Conservatives won't shed a tear over the firing of government workers.

And the logic those ideas are built on has never made any sense to me. By that logic the government could hire everyone, and the economy would never stop growing.
    I cant tell if this was meant to be ironic or not. If so kudos to you.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    59 billion per year to keep nearly a million people working doesn't seem like such a bad thing. Hell, maybe they could just pull the money from unspent stimulus dollars (I assume that there are still many billions of stimulus dollars unspent), and call it part of the stimulus. And how much money will really be saved once you take into account that basically all of those people will immediately begin receiving unemployment benefits? Doesn't the GOP want to reduce the number of people currently receiving unemployment benefits, not increase it drastically?
    Why is everyone taking this 1 million number as fact? If I gave a study by a group that is funded by Murdoch, people would be very skeptical of it's results, but this is just a fact huh? I don't get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/...ate-fundi.html

I wonder if this is what Boehner meant when he said cut spending, does it apply to his own district. Fortunately it doesnt matter whether he meant that or not. Apparently government spending doesnt create jobs...unless it is in YOUR district.
    I find it interesting that you said Durbin and Lautenberg were representing their constituents in the tobacco thread, but question Boenher for acting in his people's best interest. Which is it?

And for the record, I'm glad that they voted to get rid of the plane, but I don't find fault with Boehner representing his district and voting for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    I find it interesting that you said Durbin and Lautenberg were representing their constituents in the tobacco thread, but question Boenher for acting in his people's best interest. Which is it?

And for the record, I'm glad that they voted to get rid of the plane, but I don't find fault with Boehner representing his district and voting for it.
    That was a poorly worded phrasing on my part.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll
    There are some people who do actually believe that. They'll make themselves known soon when the calls to renew the stimulus package start coming.
    "If [Republicans] were around when Columbus set sail, they must have been founding members of the Flat Earth Society." -- Pres. Barack Obama

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12