Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Wild trade rumors

Anyone here of any rumors? I think its a 70/30 chance we get in the playoffs, what do we need to make a run for the cup?

vCash
    I wouldn't expect anything. Fletcher is happy with the group he has going into the playoffs and has pretty much said Brunette and Miettnen are staying. And with cap issues and our lack of prospect depth we won't be trading prospects or picks and we don't have much salary cap room so expect us to stand pat.
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter97 View Post
    I wouldn't expect anything. Fletcher is happy with the group he has going into the playoffs and has pretty much said Brunette and Miettnen are staying. And with cap issues and our lack of prospect depth we won't be trading prospects or picks and we don't have much salary cap room so expect us to stand pat.
    Yeah totally agree, we got Z and Latendresse coming back in the near future. So will see what happens. Were kinda strapped with the salary cap like you say. If Latendresse ends up staying out then we may make a move, otherwise i totally agree with you.

vCash
    Yeah it looks like Lats will be back. That may cause us to deal a forward because we have so many forwards on 1-way contracts. I think only Staubitz has a 2-way. Most likely Kobasew.
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

vCash
    Well ive been preaching for a while we should sell so im hoping to hear rumors eventually, I liked what Brian Burke said about Toronto and I wish we would think and do the same

"As of Thursday morning, the Maple Leafs are six points out of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, but Burke said he didn't want to make moves that just got the Leafs into the playoffs. He wants something more for his team.

"Getting in the eighth spot and getting spanked in the first round, that doesn't do a hell of a lot for me," he said."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Well ive been preaching for a while we should sell so im hoping to hear rumors eventually, I liked what Brian Burke said about Toronto and I wish we would think and do the same

"As of Thursday morning, the Maple Leafs are six points out of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, but Burke said he didn't want to make moves that just got the Leafs into the playoffs. He wants something more for his team.

"Getting in the eighth spot and getting spanked in the first round, that doesn't do a hell of a lot for me," he said."
    After last nights performance in Chicago and Vancouver at home the other day, if we are 6-8 points out at the deadline i would def sell! i DONT see this team competing in the playoffs without adding some scoring depth. I hope Z and Lats get back real soon cause they would be some much needed help. But i dont see Fletcher being a buyer at the deadline nor a seller so were F!@K%!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild101 View Post
    After last nights performance in Chicago and Vancouver at home the other day, if we are 6-8 points out at the deadline i would def sell! i DONT see this team competing in the playoffs without adding some scoring depth. I hope Z and Lats get back real soon cause they would be some much needed help. But i dont see Fletcher being a buyer at the deadline nor a seller so were F!@K%!
    he also has no personality, i will be very suprised if he does anything, he really dosent have a lot teams that are killing to have any of our roster players , so his offers are probley garbage, so i agree he will do nothing but sit and watch, i have seen nothing to make me believe otherwise.
    \

vCash
    Koivu is hurt, but don't worry folks we called up Almond! Now we can finally make that playoff run since our blue chip prospect extraordinare is on the squad, what a joke call the season and let's do something before the deadline. I mean if pieces like Erik Johnson and Chris Stewart are on the block why are we not trying something?!? I bet there are some other pieces available! I mean col even traded shattenkirk and he is having one damm good season for a rookie. And it seems like he only coated a 2nd rounder. This season and team are a joke.

vCash
    Burns for Semin rumor out there....

vCash
    ^ Eklund doesn't count as a source. He makes **** up. There is a 0% chance we trade Burns, especially for Semin for so many reasons. According to Russo the only guys we are considering are Cory Stillman, Arnott, Boyd Gordon, Tim Connolly, Jeff Halpern, Brian Sutherby, and Ryan Johnson.

vCash
    Exactly why they are called RUMORS

vCash
    ^ Eklund doesn't count as a source. He makes **** up. There is a 0% chance we trade Burns, especially for Semin for so many reasons. According to Russo the only guys we are considering are Cory Stillman, Arnott, Boyd Gordon, Tim Connolly, Jeff Halpern, Brian Sutherby, and Ryan Johnson.
    i think tim connolly would be a great pick up, really like that guy, but probley not going to get him.
    \

vCash
    Ill take Connolly and thats it, but the problem is we cant afford him thanks to contracts like Cullen and Havlat. We overpay for players. And Goli from the Pens and Neal were on the board and we didnt make a run? Man I dont care that were in a 4 way tie for 7th we have no future at this point and no real present either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild101 View Post
    Exactly why they are called RUMORS
    Its not a rumor. Its Eklund pandering to a crowd for hits so his site makes money. I could say im hearing Burns for Crosby, that doesn't make it a rumor.

vCash
    Its not a rumor. Its Eklund pandering to a crowd for hits so his site makes money. I could say im hearing Burns for Crosby, that doesn't make it a rumor.
    funny eh! i actually heard that rumor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast