Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Iran Next Up for Revolution?

Tunisia, Egypt......NEXT!

1 dead in Iranian protests

TEHRAN Clashes between Iranian police and tens of thousands of protesters wracked central Tehran on Monday as security forces beat and fired tear gas at opposition supporters hoping to evoke Egypt's recent popular uprising.

An Iranian was shot dead, the semi-official Fars news agency reported.

"One person was shot dead and several were wounded by seditionists (opposition supporters) who staged a rally in Tehran," Fars said, without giving further details.

The opposition called for a demonstration Monday in solidarity with Egypt's popular revolt that a few days earlier forced the president there to resign after nearly 30 years in office. The rally is the first major show of strength for Iran's cowed opposition in more than a year.

Read More:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41574647...eastn_africa/#

vCash
    Likely Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will be "removed" and the leadership will all remain the same.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Likely Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will be "removed" and the leadership will all remain the same.
    Eh in some ways that would be even improvement cuz the "Leader" will at least use less rhetoric and maybe halt the nuclear program a bit

vCash
    Of all the oppressive regimes to publicly oppose, where is our president on this one????

Mr. president, we all know you love the sound of your own voice, so feel free to start speaking about the benefits of the will of the people in Iran, where is is so badly needed. I can't fathom your lack of invoking the same principles that applied in Egypt, unless, as I suspect, you mean nothing that you say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Of all the oppressive regimes to publicly oppose, where is our president on this one????

Mr. president, we all know you love the sound of your own voice, so feel free to start speaking about the benefits of the will of the people in Iran, where is is so badly needed. I can't fathom your lack of invoking the same principles that applied in Egypt, unless, as I suspect, you mean nothing that you say.
    I hear you on that, but honestly to me, I want my president to shut his mouth when it comes to Iran. Let Iran do it's own thing and it might just work. We know labeling them the axis of evil made them more hardline, and they used our words against us. Iran is a propaganda machine, that probably over took North Korea in that situation. I don't want to give them any info to use against us and their people by saying look America did this ......

vCash

You must have missed the SOS speaking forcefully on this. She in fact speaks for the President and made a very strong and passionate speech.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    You must have missed the SOS speaking forcefully on this. She in fact speaks for the President and made a very strong and passionate speech.
    I did not hear her speech. Frankly, I'd be a bit more comfortable with her running the show right now.

But since the President decided to gte up behind a podium what, three or four times in those 18 days to speak out against Mubarak? Then he has set a preecedent and needs to follow through, not leave the more important situation to fall to a deputy.

vCash
    I did not hear her speech. Frankly, I'd be a bit more comfortable with her running the show right now.

But since the President decided to gte up behind a podium what, three or four times in those 18 days to speak out against Mubarak? Then he has set a preecedent and needs to follow through, not leave the more important situation to fall to a deputy.
    I don't think Iran is yet in the place that Egypt is. There's a good chance their gov't shuts this thing up ASAP.

Presidents never seem to talk about things like this until they've gone on long enough where they HAVE TO talk about it.

vCash
    what agency in the United States causes revolution in other countries?

hmmmm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by d00d View Post
    what agency in the United States causes revolution in other countries?

hmmmm
    I bet it would have to be a Central one that makes use of some sort of privileged Intelligence within that Agency. hmmmm

vCash
    I actually like this "protest" approach. Before the only way to rid the office over in that region was war, now we are seeing what seems to be a "revolution"(no pun intended) in approach to other options other than war.
    2011 Suck For Luck Campaign!
    Miami 0-3
    Colts 0-3
    Chiefs 0-3
    Seahawks 1-2

vCash

Open US backing is not a blessing in the Middle East. Given our history of supporting oppressive regimes, it can be the kiss of death for almost any political movement. We need to think of the internal politics of the places we're trying to influence. The last government we supported in Iran was the Shah, and its people aren't apt to forget that fact. In some cases the best thing we can do for pro-democracy protesters is literally keep our mouths shut.

vCash
    nope,It is Libya,there is a mass killing there,the military is killing people
    there is over 200 killer every day,

NATALIA SIWIEC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    I hear you on that, but honestly to me, I want my president to shut his mouth when it comes to Iran. Let Iran do it's own thing and it might just work. We know labeling them the axis of evil made them more hardline, and they used our words against us. Iran is a propaganda machine, that probably over took North Korea in that situation. I don't want to give them any info to use against us and their people by saying look America did this ......
    Thank you. As far as I'm concerned, our governent needs to be less involved in these things. We already assasinated/supported genocide/funded dictators to put leaders in place in Iraq, Afghanistan, Chile, etc. and then had to go back and remove those leaders because they no longer agreed with our politics. Why waste the time, money and human life on leaders who represent our politics when we're just going to turn around in 10-20 years and remove them if they aren't our puppets?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    Open US backing is not a blessing in the Middle East. Given our history of supporting oppressive regimes, it can be the kiss of death for almost any political movement. We need to think of the internal politics of the places we're trying to influence. The last government we supported in Iran was the Shah, and its people aren't apt to forget that fact. In some cases the best thing we can do for pro-democracy protesters is literally keep our mouths shut.
    Yup. Honestly, our history suggests that we don't give a flying **** about how oppressive or genocidal a government is as long as they're friendly to us. The best thing we could do for a popular democratic movement is not endorse it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast