Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    20,892
    vCash
    1500

    pens - isles suspensions from 2/11

    Only suspension for Penguins is the automatic suspension under Rule 70.1 for Eric Godard...Byslma off the hook.
    john shannon sportsnet.ca

    10 games for godard
    0 games for byslma

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    20,892
    vCash
    1500
    trevor gillies - 9 games
    matt martin - 4 games
    NYI fined $100,000

    -chris botta

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    20,892
    vCash
    1500
    Colin Campbell cites the Islanders for “failure to control their players.” For the reaction from the fans, attendance they’ll get for the home season finale against the Penguins on April 8, and other reasons, the Islanders may feel they got their money’s worth. Eric Godard received an automatic ten-game suspension for leaving the bench, but coach Dan Bylsma was absolved from any blame. Neither Bylsma or the Penguins organization were fined or suspended.
    islanders point blank

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chestnut Hill, MA
    Posts
    23,539
    vCash
    1500
    Probably the most ridiculous thing ever.

    Colin fined the Islanders for "failure to control their players". Absolutely disgusting. It's been said before Campbell is biased against the Isles and it prevails here. Gillies shot have gotten 4, never before has a head shot gotten 9 games, why does he all of a sudden smash the record? What gives?

    Martin 4 games for punching a guy in the face? That's bull.

    The fine to the Isles ticks me off most though. Here's Colin ****ign Campbell giving out of hand suspensions (yes, but when it's Cooke, or Talbot, or Phaneuf, it's just finneeeee!!!) and he fines the Isles 100K for "failure to control its players" while Dan Bylsma is off the hook when his player is the one who ****ign left the bench! absolute bull! Capuano can't do thing about what goes on on the ice.

    Oh wait he could have. Capuano could have said to his players "Go out there and stop trying, and stop standing up for yourselves and teamates, its a disgrce to the game".

    Huh? What the hell do you want NHL? When the NHL officials and Cmpbell and Bettman cannot police the game fairly and unbiasedly and stop the cheap shots, then how can they fine a team for not being able to control it?

    Double standard if I ever saw. Campbell set a new self standrd here.
    __________________


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

    New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chestnut Hill, MA
    Posts
    23,539
    vCash
    1500
    Even with Gillies and Martin gettign suspended and the fine, I would want the Isles and Gillies and Martin to do it all over again. As a matter of fact do it gain tomorrow in Buffalo. Enough ws enough, way to go guys.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

    New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    139
    vCash
    1500
    Gillies went from a blatant charge to an elbow to the head and if that is not enough when the player is visibly hurt from an elbow to the head he starts punching him. Oh and he then is standing in the runway chirping at the injured player he assaulted and a trainer trying to help him. Just uncalled for.

    As for Martin I think it should have been more. They should have punished on intent, which was obviously a blind side fist to the side of the head. If he lands that flush we could be talking serious injury, and then we are in a Bertuzzi situation. Just because he wiffed on his first sneak attack he only gets 4, ludicrous. Once again a whole different conversation if he lands that, more on the lines of indefinite suspension and if he should even be allowed in the league anymore.

    Godard received 10, automatic, but I would want him on my team any day. A skater DOES NOT go after a goalie, you just don't do it. Absolutely inexcusable going after a goalie. His fight with Dipietro was a fair straight up fight that both agreed to by skating to center ice and removed masks and gloves. Notice no penguin skater went after him after he cheap shotted cooke, a goalie went after him because a skater is not allowed to.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,352
    vCash
    1500
    If they dish it out, they got to be able to take it instead of weeping and crying foul... if you play, YOU PAY... it is called retribution...

    Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    12,413
    vCash
    1500
    Ridiculous
    SPACE


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    146
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice21 View Post
    Gillies went from a blatant charge to an elbow to the head and if that is not enough when the player is visibly hurt from an elbow to the head he starts punching him. Oh and he then is standing in the runway chirping at the injured player he assaulted and a trainer trying to help him. Just uncalled for.

    As for Martin I think it should have been more. They should have punished on intent, which was obviously a blind side fist to the side of the head. If he lands that flush we could be talking serious injury, and then we are in a Bertuzzi situation. Just because he wiffed on his first sneak attack he only gets 4, ludicrous. Once again a whole different conversation if he lands that, more on the lines of indefinite suspension and if he should even be allowed in the league anymore.

    Godard received 10, automatic, but I would want him on my team any day. A skater DOES NOT go after a goalie, you just don't do it. Absolutely inexcusable going after a goalie. His fight with Dipietro was a fair straight up fight that both agreed to by skating to center ice and removed masks and gloves. Notice no penguin skater went after him after he cheap shotted cooke, a goalie went after him because a skater is not allowed to.
    id like to courteously ask you to re-watch that play, because you either did not see it and are just jumping on the " saying ignorant things about the islanders" bandwagon. the goalie WAS at the blue line asking for a fight, Haley DID NOT go after the goalie, the Goalie was CALLING FOR a fight.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chestnut Hill, MA
    Posts
    23,539
    vCash
    1500
    ^Hes a Pens fan (assuming cause it says hes from Penn), so dont bother with his trollling *** lol


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

    New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    20,892
    vCash
    1500
    ...eh whatever... the islanders needed to finally stand up for themselves. apparently the rest of the nhl (media & fans) thinks they're in the wrong, or a joke. everyone took the easy road to kicked the team again. what else is new. however, the islanders didn't do anything they'd be a joke to themselves and to their fans.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chestnut Hill, MA
    Posts
    23,539
    vCash
    1500
    ^Yeah, were more important, and no doubt the team has more confidence and unity. Friday was still well worth it and will be a memeory for isles fan for years.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

    New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Kansas, USA
    Posts
    913
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gratsbrewtown View Post
    id like to courteously ask you to re-watch that play, because you either did not see it and are just jumping on the " saying ignorant things about the islanders" bandwagon. the goalie WAS at the blue line asking for a fight, Haley DID NOT go after the goalie, the Goalie was CALLING FOR a fight.
    You're not right about this. Gillies charged, elbowed, punched a defenseless/injured player continuously, and then taunted the kid as he laid injured on the ice, should be sitting the rest of the season if he's gonna be this dumb! Hope he spends the rest of his days in the minors. Shameful man.
    I'll tell you 1 thing, it's stupid stuff like that, that puts a huge target on the back of a young guy like Tavarez!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chestnut Hill, MA
    Posts
    23,539
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJamesNaismith View Post
    You're not right about this. Gillies charged, elbowed, punched a defenseless/injured player continuously, and then taunted the kid as he laid injured on the ice, should be sitting the rest of the season if he's gonna be this dumb! Hope he spends the rest of his days in the minors. Shameful man.
    I'll tell you 1 thing, it's stupid stuff like that, that puts a huge target on the back of a young guy like Tavarez!
    The target that was already there BEcause of the LACK of stuff like that. GILLIES IS MARRIED with 2 kids... a shameful man? For one incident? Get a grip


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

    New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,352
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJamesNaismith View Post
    You're not right about this. Gillies charged, elbowed, punched a defenseless/injured player continuously, and then taunted the kid as he laid injured on the ice, should be sitting the rest of the season if he's gonna be this dumb! Hope he spends the rest of his days in the minors. Shameful man.
    I'll tell you 1 thing, it's stupid stuff like that, that puts a huge target on the back of a young guy like Tavarez!
    One might consider that the "taunting" by Gillies was in response to the Pens goalies reaction of high fiving and laughing it up, and the taunting by others on the Pens bench, after DePietro was decked and was injured sufficiently to have to be out the rest of the season. The Pens lead the NHL and the world in misconduct penalties and dirty shots...

    The problem is, you can’t take Friday night in a vacuum. Who led the league in fights entering Sunday’s games? The Penguins, with 61, according to hockeyfights.com. Who led the league in penalty minutes? The Penguins, with 1,101. Who led the league in majors? The Penguins, with 63. Who ranked second in game misconducts? The Penguins, with eight – two fewer than the first-place Islanders. Who was one of four teams with a match penalty? The Penguins.
    Lemieux’s hypocrisy clouds his message

    The Isles finally stood up for themselves and beat the Pens at their own game. GO ISLES!
    Last edited by Titan_Fan; 02-14-2011 at 04:47 PM.

    Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •